April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Thanks. Eurgh I've got to go to a birthday party where all the family's from our antenatal group are going, including 2 babies who were been exactly when my losses were due. All of them now have their obligatory second child. I've got to try and not look pregnant. God knows what I'm gonna wear. And they're having a BBQ and I'm vegetarian. Could be fun! Not.

Oh goodness I feel like the baby here! I'll be turning 24 the week before my due date:blush:

Mowat I'd definitely be interested in looking for different doctors!

I'm definitely willing to share the old lady baton Neesaw!

No worries Pixie! I'm super happy that you are being looked after----just needed to whine a little. Is that a pregnancy symptom? Oh, wait, I was whiny before! Sounds like you are getting the treatment you deserve.

My appointment for the nuchal scan in Vancouver came in, but it's not until October 8th. Was hoping to have an appointment with the high risk OB at the same time, but I haven't heard anything. A friend of mine in Vancouver recommended her doctor as she got fabulous care, but I don't know if that will happen. I did email a friend locally who is pregnant. She is at the same clinic as I am, but is seeing one of the other doctors. Sounds like she is getting better care and actually gets her phone calls returned. I'm going to call the clinic one more time and if they don't return my call I'm going to request a transfer.

Yeah Munchkin! So exciting! I'm hoping to get my dopler soon and I know I'll be obsessively checking for heartbeats. Do you need to use gel or anything?

Yep, kind of cold and empty where we live! Our city is great though---if you like outdoor activities. We're pretty civilized, big arts community and everything (two fabulous coffee roasters and a fantastic brewery!). But it does take a bit of effort to get anywhere else.

Anyone have a scan coming up? So exciting to hear good news!

Ugh, seem to have been hit with (tmi) diarrhea today! Was expecting the constipation everyone talks about. Not sure which one is worse? Anyone else have this problem?

Don't worry Still. We'll take good care of our baby. :hugs: :D

Mowat: hope you'll find a doctor that will take care of you just like you deserve.
I've had the same symptom on and off. More on at the beginning, now there days when I'm constipated and other not so :(
I guess it's pretty normal though it's a lesser known symptoms.

Wow! Somehow I missed an entire page of posts (page 71)! :wacko:

Aknqtpie, YAY for a great scan and cute pic too! I'm so happy for you that it went well! :happydance:

Thank you to the ladies that wished me good luck for my scan that were on page 71 as well! I'm so sorry I missed your posts! Darn bnb :haha:

Munchkin, I think it's safe to say that that's the baby's hb because if you were hearing yours and it was that fast, I think you'd know it! :haha: But it's always reassuring to hear that wonderful sound! <3 I wish I could find my doppler! I know it's somewhere around here and just got misplaced when we moved not too long ago. If I'm not able to find it soon I might just break down and buy another one off of ebay. :blush: Btw, try to enjoy the party! I'm sure there will be things there that you can eat, too! :hugs:

StillPraying, be glad you're that young! I kinda wish I was that young again. The whole "advanced maternal age" thing at the dr yesterday was kinda shocking. I mean I know how old I am, I just hadn't yet realized that I was nearing that status yet. :blush: I mean I knew that over 35 its harder to get pg and higher chances of mc and things like downs and such but I didn't realize that they are calling 35 "advanced maternal age" just yet. :wacko:

Nessaw, I agree with you. There must be someone she can complain to or find a dr who will take proper care of her! Good thing I'm not there with mowat or I'd raise a ruckus over it! :blush: hehe!

AFM, yesterday baby measured 8+5 when should of been 8+6. The ultrasound tech said that that's normal and common and can be due to human error and such and while I felt reassured at the time I find myself questioning it today. :dohh: Has anyone else experienced this and everything be fine and back to normal dating on the following scan? :blush:

You made me lol about missing a whole page!

I'm so with about the age. We just don't realise we're getting old :(

About the scan, don't worry at all. This is not exact science. I'm in. Algeria at the moment on holiday and because I had my bfp here I went to a gynae here. She's been fantastic by the one and is the one who prescribed progesterone , baby aspirin and lovenox. Anyway, she studied in France and when she writes her reports (I go home with every written report), she writes the number of weeks with a +/- 5 days next to it. And when I also check on the net it says that scans can be off with more or less 5 days. It's worrying when it's off by more than a week. I had my scan at 7 weeks and it measured 6w6d, but that's fine by me. You might be ahead next scan, it happens too.

Count yourself lucky Pixie, my friend was pregnant with her second when she was 37 and she noticed on her file she was called a "geriatric" pregnancy! Oh my!

Wow Mowat! "geriatric pregnancy" that is just crude! :wacko: Poor her! I think that would be quite appalling to me, too! :wacko:

Ummi, thanks for the reassurance! :hugs: I appreciate it. I should also realize that baby's HR went from 140 bpm to 175 bpm so surely that mean's that my gummy bear's heart is growing good and strong and that she/he will hopefully be just fine (I suspect 'she' though tbh hehe). :blush:

Hope everyone sleeps well tonight! :flower: I'm about ready for bed time here myself. I'm worn out. :sleep:

Praying pixie don't worry at all about the scan dates. 2 days is nothing. 2 weeks might be something to worry about. All of my successful early scans have measured bang on my lmp but by 12 weeks I'm measuring a few days ahead so things can change too, they're so tiny though I think human error is totally realistic!!

My mum had my sister when she was 30 in 1978 and she was put on a special ward for geriatric mothers!! I'd always planned to have had all my kids by the time I was 35 and we might just make it although I'd put money on not. With my dd I was desparate to go to this lovely midwife led birthing centre but because she was overdue I couldn't and had a positive experience at my hospital when I would have been blue lighted from the centre anyway. Now I'm glad because you can't go over 35 so thus pregnancy I'd be losing it stressing to try and get baby out before my birthday on the 30th March!!

Just realised I've got less than 200 days to go!

Ugh anyone getting headaches?
Mowat pedialyte helps with diarrhea. My dr said I could take Immodium but ask your dr first since Lord knows they tell us all something different.

Thanks Stillpraying! Seem to be fine now. Just lasted just over a day.

200 days! Wow, that doesn't seem like long.

I'm ten weeks today, which should mean 30 weeks left. But full term is 37 weeks for twins with the average being only 35! That scares me! So soon.

Yes still I'm getting awful headaches and I never usually get headaches, horrid pregnancy symptom. And this time I've been refusing to take even paracetamol so il just suffering! They always go eventually.
Mowat my tucker says 198 days but it'll blatantly be another 14 days after that, from experience my body holds onto baby's as long as physically possible! My daughter was predictably the full 14 days overdue!!

Munchkin try the 4head sticks for your headache. Really helps and you're not taking anything so perfectly safe. Not sure whether you can get them where you are Stillpraying.

I uave had days with splitting headaches-worse when I get up and down. I have pg rhinitus but some days are clearer than others. I have the 4head thing too.
Munchkin good luck for tom. Hooray for 200 days!
Hi to everyone.x

Just seen my ticker. 200 as well! But mine is 11wk 0days. Bizarre!

I just woke up with a killer headache.. Might of slept funny though.

My OH is rarely on time for anything, so we think the baby will take after him and be late :haha: we were joking about this yesterday.

Finally got my first bout of morning sickness on Saturday at the hotel we stayed at this weekend.. It was mostly dry heaves since I had nothing on my stomach :-/ oh well.. Hoping that doesn't happen again.

DS was 2 weeks early. Really hope this baby is as well. We've got a holiday booked for 8 weeks after my due date and it would be nice if bubs was a bit older than that.

Had a bad ms day today, still not actually been sick but had a lot of bile come up. I hate being sick and even if I think it will make me feel better I can't physically do it.

Ooh on the plus side my maternity jeans came so I'm very happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->