April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Evening ladies!

Munchkin yay for 12 weeks! Almost into 2nd tri!

Mowat! LMAO at your stripper name comment! I actually know of a lady who named her daughter Taffy.

Ummi I hope you get a reassurance scan soon :hugs:

AFM. ...I've had all day sickness. Mostly due to the heat I guess. For those who asked I'm a Marine:blush:
Unfortunately I won't get shortened hours until I reach 30 weeks. Usually my hours aren't too terrible. We are not required to do the flu shot though they do try to impose it.

YAYYYY Munchkin30 FOR 12 WEEKS!!! I dont know why it says on our ticker that we are in the second trimester. i thought that was 13 week! I love your scan! i cant wait till mine on the 29th! Then on the 2nd i find out what im having!!

Well had my cardiac scan and Baby looks great. Although wouldn't stay still much, we've got a lively one! On my notes it now says LOW risk of congenital heart defects! She said you can see 90% of chds at this stage and they got a really good view. So out chance of a chd is now less than 0.4%. Feel so much better. And they said it was measuring 12+2 so although my notes will still say 1st April I'm going to call it 30th March - my birthday! I'm quite teary and over the moon :) xx

Honestly hoping I think 13 weeks is second tri so I'll start thinking of myself as that in another week.

thats funny that your birthday is march 30th.. mine is march 26th so i just know thats when ill give birth haha.. yes 13 weeks is 2nd trimester to me too

Mowat, I do hope the other dr you're going to be seeing will be much more caring and attentive! I'll say a prayer for that and that your scan goes well! :hugs:

StillPraying, WOW! I never saw that coming! Good for you though! :thumbup: I hope they have you on only light duty type of work and such. I'm also sorry your ms has been all day but at least that's a good sign! :flower:

HopingWaiting, WOW! That's so exciting! You will have to let us all know if its team pink or team blue for you! :flower: I will be finding out kinda early too as I will be having the new Harmony test done and that reveals baby's gender. :)

YAY Munchkin!! You're ALMOST there! You're gonna make it!! :happydance: I'm so happy for you! That must be exciting! :hugs: I bet you are SO relieved that baby's heart looks great! I'm so pleased for you! <3

Ummi, yeah I can relate. Being tired and thinking about food here, too. Some days I am so hungry I could eat all day but others not as much even though I want food LOL! :dohh:

AFM, another week gone! I'm 10 weeks now! :) According to the online calculator, I'll be full term on my birthday at the end of March! :thumbup: That will definitely be happy birthday to me at that point hehe! ;) Other than that, not a lot to report. Other than my usual paranoia. I still have my symptoms and hoping they stay until I reach 2nd trimester to help keep me semi-sane. :haha: I don't plan on getting flu jab as I usually only get the flu once every few years and always when I get the shot. So for some reason my body fights it off better without it. As for work, I'm a housewife so I do what I want LOL! :p Just kidding!! Right now I've got another cold but thank God it's not as bad as the one I had back a few weeks ago. It's far more mild than that last one. :thumbup: Anyways, my next scan is the 26th which feels like forever from now. But I keep telling myself at least I will be 11 weeks at that point. Just gotta get there and hopefully baby will continue to grow and do well, too. [-o&lt; :blush: At least I am a little less worried than before my last scan but the paranoia and a little bit of fear remains but I guess that is normal. Also, I'll be getting the Harmony genetic and gender test done around 12-13 weeks (simple blood draw from me) at the high risk dr so I'll get to find out the gender with that rather than waiting for sneak peek at 16 weeks. Although, knowing me, I'll still have the sneak peek done so we can see it to kinda confirm the blood test results hehe. :blush: IF gummy bear will cooperate for us at that point that is! :haha: Anyways, I hope all of you ladies have a great day today. :flower:

after my 9 week mark maybe 10ish all signs went away other then kinda sore boobs. But i have a strong heartbeat and everything is good to go!!! So even if they go away try not to worry too hard

Yay duty is over for me! Whole day of sleep.here I come! After a giant bowl of Life Cereal.

Oh Munchkin I'm so happy for you!! 13 weeks is totally 2nd tri (although some of.my pregnancy books say week 12??) and you should definitely feel some relief getting there and having a positive heart scan! So pleased for you! !

Ooooooo hoping! I find out the gender on the 5th! I cannot wait! Who else is finding out gender?

Praying I think we'll both feel better getting to 2nd tri. Almost there!

I'll be finding out, although not as early as you! I can't do surprises.

Aww thanks Hoping and Still! :flower: I cant wait to find out if gummy bear is a boy or a girl! I'll be happy with either one as long as she or he is healthy! :thumbup: Hopefully it wont take too long for the test results from the harmony test to come back as I'm sure I will be so anxious to find out what we're having! :blush: The other thing is that I like to be able to plan ahead and have everything sorted out in advance so knowing the baby's gender really helps with that. :thumbup:

Munchkin: it's wonderful news!!! Roll on 2nd tri!

I'll update quickly with a copy/paste from my journal. I read you all, but will reply when I feel better:

Today however I have been so so sick. I tried to have some muesli for breakfast, which did wonders for the past few days, but I didn't keep it down. At lunch I was so unwell that it was ds1 who prepared the meal for us. The potatoes were already steamed from yesterday, but he prepared them sauteed in a frying pan with some spices. That tasted really nice but unfortunately I couldn't even keep those down either. Ds even did the washing up afterwards. I'm so proud of him, bless him.
I had to call dh to come home I was so poorly.

Now I've had a nap and prepared myself some vermicelli soup with chicken stock. I feel slightly better, hope it will last though.

Your DS sounds like an absolute angel Ummi. Hope you feel better.

Awww ummi what an awesome son you have! Very blessed, you have raised him to be very helpful and thoughtful. I went through a phase of all day sickness as well. What was edible one day was dreadful the next. Just try to stay hydrated and attempt small meals when hungry. Sleep also seems to help.:hugs:

Aww Ummi, poor you! But God bless your DS1 and DH! I'm so glad to hear that you have such great care and support looking after you! I hope you feel a little better soon! :hugs:

Ok who else was it here that was craving cheese, too? Was it you Munchkin? Darn prego brain lol! :haha: Anyways, lately I am on this cheese pizza kick. I could eat it day and night! :blush: The more cheesy it is the better! Even had Pizza Hut's cheese stuffed crust pizza with extra cheese and boy was it good! LOL! That and cheesy noodles mmm! I swear I cannot get enough cheese! :haha: I guess gummy bear likes cheese! :winkwink: I still crave banana stuff too. I want banana flavored sweets but darn near all of it has that nasty gmo hfcs in it and I refuse to consume it! :dohh: Ugh! I'd eat bananas but I'm constipated enough and they wont help that any and only having BMs once a week as it is! :blush: (Sorry for TMI!) :haha: Oh the joys of pregnancy! :haha: Oh and StillPraying, I think I am now going into the same thing as you were recently with the sudden lifting of nausea. The past 3 days I've been so queasy and gagging lots then today suddenly barely any at all and only gagged about 3 times (still have other symptoms though) so I am guessing that now that I am 10 wks that placenta is starting to take over, and hormones are starting to level out and thus reducing the unsettled tummy. Or at least I hope that's all it is. :blush:

Thanks girls. Don't get me wrong, he can drive nuts sometimes! But thank God I've always been able to count on this little guy in the most important moments, even from a very young age.
I'm better now, managed to have some pasta bake this evening. Dh brought me some sparkling water, I think it helped a lot too.

Still: with this pregnancy that's exactly what happens, one day I can't have enough of something and the next I'm totally put off! When pg with ds 2 I was sticking with the same things all the time (sushis -made with cooked fish, chinese take aways and nuts) as there was barely anything alse I could keep down. And with ds 1 after a horrible bout of ms for 2-3 weeks I was fine until the end.

PrayingPixie: that pizza sounds oh so yummy!

Hope everyone else is ok. xx

Making Salisbury Steak and homemade bread for dinner! Nomnomnom can't wait.

I really just want to feel baby move already!!

12 weeks already Munchkin! So exciting! Glad your scan went so well.

Oh my goodness Stillpraying---Taffy? That's bad. How about Haven? And Eden. Totally strippers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->