***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Cami I am not looking forward to the whole "12 week unpaid" but you can go for disability in CA. My mom got 6 months or so doing it that way.
Congrats on gettig to go to an OB casey!

CASEY i think I am just jealous!!!!! Anyone who has more than one seems like lots to me....still waiting for my first one at 12 weeks. Great news that you have been discharged to regular care, they must be happy with how things are going. x

choco-- to be honest, even though it is nice to see the baby so much. They look so alien still, it's not as "heart warming" as they say it is. I mean it's still your baby and yes I have been gawking over the picture. But your 12 week scan will be so amazing because the baby will actually be BABY!!! :) It'll have a cute head and little tiny cute toes!! It'll be speical!

Thanks guys! I feel so lost in the big OB world now. LOL My fertility clinic I had been with since March, so I was very comfortable with them, and I've heard stories about how OBs just treat you like a number..... and I don't want that. :nope:

But I changed my insurance so that I could join a care group here called John Hopkins. A friend of mine who recently gave birth went there, and she swears by them. Says they were fantastic! :) They have a special military funded insurance, and thankfully hubby is military! So we apply. I'm excited to try them out. Hope they are as good as she says. :)

I suppose.....but it would seem so much more real if we had seen something!

Must be strange moving from somewhere you know so well. FX you get brilliant OB care
x

Choco I'm still waiting for my 1st scan too! but it will be amazing at the 12wks and all worth the long wait!

Think i'm just going to get a sausage shaped long pillow from ebay, they're much much cheaper than some of the shaped ones as they're around £40 or more :shock:

CASEY i think I am just jealous!!!!! Anyone who has more than one seems like lots to me....still waiting for my first one at 12 weeks. Great news that you have been discharged to regular care, they must be happy with how things are going. x

Just noticed you're date is quite close to mine, have you got your scan date yet? Got mine yesterday, only 2 weeks and 6 days to go! Oh my, time is dragging now :wacko:

I don't even have my scan date yet! So frustrating! They don't do the long booking appointment til 10 weeks at my doc so had that & she only completed the referral form at that appointment today. She's told me to ring up in 2 weeks if I haven't heard so I'm not holding my breath for a date soon! Just want to see it so I know everything's ok. xxx

Oh Casey that preg pillow looks great, I might have to add to my wishlist, thanks for sharing!

I'm the same as you, saw my FS for the first 8 1/2 weeks then he shipped me off to my regular OB from this point forward. Was afraid I'd miss all the personalized attention I get at the FS but so far OB has been wonderful and spent a lot of time with me and going over everything they're watching out for. Feel in very good hands but am a bit worried about all the u/s I'll be having. I've already had 5 and will get them every 2 weeks after week 14. I know my SIL had scans weekly with the twins and they are fine, but just kind of scared by all the negative talk of too many u/s out there. Oh well, not much I can do. Better to monitor and catch before my cervix goes.

Chocojen, I wish I could take credit for the pony tail thing but I've read about it on a lot of sites and heard of friends doing the same. I really didn't think it would work, but at least with these jeans it's working great.

I hate to do the pony tail thing when I quit BC because I was gaining weight so rapidly! Pants would fit one day and then by the time I would try to wear them again (and I only have 3 pairs!) they would be too small! I've since got some jeans that fit but will be using the ponytail solution soon!

I suppose.....but it would seem so much more real if we had seen something!

Must be strange moving from somewhere you know so well. FX you get brilliant OB care
x

I don't want to seem ungrateful. I know that feeling that seeing the baby makes things feel so much more real. Even just today I told DH that I was afraid the baby disappeared (right before the scan). He laughed at me, but it's just as abstract to me at this stage as it is for DH. It's not like ( am feeling the baby kick or even seeing a popping preggo belly yet. All I get is feeling sick like i've eating something bad, and uncomfortableness. lol.

Your scan will be amazing though. :flower:

I had a pregnancy pillow that I used with DD but it made me so dang hot I'd throw it on the floor most of the time!

Loopy- my scan is on october 5th.....cant wait! I have a trip to the theatre in november so i am trying to look forward to that instead so that time goes quicker!!!

Casey- i dont think you seem ungrateful at all, you seem to be making the most of it which i think is great. Cant wait to be able to join you on having seen the baby!

Argh! OH and I were messing around with my doppler, sharing the earphones, and he managed to find our baby's heartbeat straight away :cloud9: Lovely and strong and fast, definitely not my own, and although I've been trying to hear it for the last few days, it's only ever been fleeting - for a couple of seconds or so at a time before he/she moves away again. Anyway, absolutely thrilled... but OH moves the blinkin' doppler away after about ten seconds as he wanted to 'see if there's more than one in there!!' Now I can't find it again - grr!!

Oh, it's the day before mine! The only event I've got planned at the moment is a trip to the dentist on the 11th of Oct so not sure that will work to make time go more quickly! :haha:

no may not have the same effect! I am going to see calender girls! My OH got it for me as a birthday present so have been waiting since april to go!
Pleased to have someone else due so close with the same things to look forward to! x

no may not have the same effect! I am going to see calender girls! My OH got it for me as a birthday present so have been waiting since april to go!
Pleased to have someone else due so close with the same things to look forward to! x

Wow! You've got some patience, should make it all the more worthwhile though. Plus the theatre won't know you're sneaking in one more... It is great, we can compare notes!

Ugh. I have been feeling pretty decent for the last week! Then yesterday was a pretty horrible morning/afternoon but no puking and this morning I've lost everything I put down! I thought I was getting past this. I'm sure it has something to do with being up since 4am! My bbs were so sore that they kept waking me up and I tossed and turned all night long! Needless to say- I'm leaving work after only being here for 2 hours and am going to work from home. Maybe get a nap in because this is ridiculous.

evening ladies, lyndsey ill change you now :)

I have a pregnancy pillow that i use all the time. Had it from mothercare when i was expecting my son 3 years ago and its still great use it every night even when im not preg lol i just put it inbetween my knees and hug it. Had one chaep from woolworth too but it was rubbish.

A week tomorrow till my 1st scan when ill be nearly 13 weeks!! cant wait. Got a bangin headache today and my bums killin lol xx

I am due April 13th, have my scan booked for october 4th and will be meeting midwife next tuesday..Getting there slowly! Although I am concerned my symptoms have lessened immensely..I had a MMC in April and it feels eerily alike..I am praying all is well in there. Well All I seem to be getting right now is spot after spot on my face!! Urgh would anyone like to swap Sinuses? I have had sinus pain/infection or something like that for weeks and nothing is getting rid!!! Ahhhh!! My nose keeps popping tonight, so it is getting somewhere but argh! Hope all is well with everyone and bubbas xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->