***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

Welcome to all the newbie Sweetpeas :)

Just wanted to let you know I got my 3+ on my CB digi today at 4w4d (20dpo), I'm hoping this is a good sign as last time round when I had my ectopic in April, I didn't get to that point till 8w2d - so I'm hoping this bubs is in the right place and is going to be sticky...

Can't help but stress. Am trying to get a scan next week from my GP to hopefully put my mind at rest.

When did others get their 3+ digi?

Oh bugger :( Thats scared me now.

I've only just got my 2-3 and I'm 5 weeks today :shrug:

dont worry your going up, plus my doc says that everyone can be different and if she had a £1 for everyone that came in saying the test should say later she'd be rich

by the calendar i should be 7 wks tomorrow but i'm more 5-6 i think, and only got a 2-3 just.

going to be so funny, if we're all at russells in the same ward together :haha:

Thanks chick :thumbup: I'll try to worry less!

I know lmao. My doc asked me the other day when I want to give birth and have shared care (Russells hall or Sandwell) I chose Russells hall b/c of the new baby unit. I've not seen it yet but I hear it's lovely. xx

how new is the baby unit, i had rhys there 19 months ago, they are lovely staff my sil's mum is receptionist of the unit too.
i love the en-suite rooms, only downside is there's no tv's so will be taking dvd player and lots of dvd's this time.

i was going to have a water birth last time, the room is massive. but will be having planned c-section this time.

It's not actually that 'new' It's just I had ds 14 years ago at wordsley so it'll be new for me lol

oooooo there's 14 yrs yrs between rhys and rosie, cant believe i'll have one leaving school as ones coming into the world.

ill be having mine at russells hall too! My experience there when i had Jaimee was god but when i had Demi in April it was terrible. As soon as i had given birth they made me get up and shower because they needed the room, then i got put onto a ward because they were so full. I had no sheets or pillow on my bed and they couldnt find any. The woman next to me had had a section so couldnt get up. She kept pressing the buzzer but nobody came and her baby was chocking on flemy sick so i had to run and help and still nobody came. Im so glad i went home the same day!

xx

oh my i will be going to russells hall as well i had a lovely experience there but they kicked me out 10 hours after i had gertie (i was glad to get home)

I'm starting to get worried now that we all go into labour the same time and there are no bed avalible lol.

your little girl is so adorable!

I'm thinking that too haha there's so many of us! x

as long as they put us in the ward then we'll be ok lol, we'll be fine, its good really if they're letting you home, means baby is well and healthy which is a good thing,

jeffsar- I'm so sorry to hear about your appt. Try not to lose all hope just yet. I have a friend that was in the exact same situation as you and her pregnancy went on and she had a healthy baby girl. I hope you are able to get through this coming week w/o stressing too much, but I know that will be hard. I'll have everything crossed for you!

ncmommy - I know, California really has fantastic weather. Hard for me b/c I was born here and now it's hard to imagine living anywhere else. I just love this state!!! You will have to try to make a trip over to Point Reyes in the North Bay, it is so beautiful. The beach just runs on for miles. Beautiful lighthouse and sea life. Water is cold of course, but you will have to make the trek since you are not that far. Probably 3 hours from Sacramento, tops.

I'll look into Point Reyes, thanks! My mom will be visiting next month so DH and I are planning to go away for a few days just the 2 of us and are not sure where to go. We live close to Lake Tahoe but I'm a beach girl!

ncmommy - you also might consider going to Santa Cruz, that's in the South Bay, really fun, beach town with a boardwalk, etc. That would be fun for a couple's retreat.... Or, if you are in for a bit longer of a drive, Monterey is the most beautiful area around, I think. You could stay a weekend there and go to the aquarium, unlike any other in the world. Great beaches nearby and hikes to waterfalls, one of my favorite parts of Northern California.

I may be a sweet pea :cloud9: 27th I think. I can't say for sure yet but based on my LMP and OV dates 27th seems to be the day :thumbup:

Hellooo everyone btw :hi: xx

Welcome Mrs. Band!!! Congrats on your BFP! Wow 27th... we are almost at the end of April now! Soon we won't be getting as many new BFPs... for now, the group is still growing!!

Hi to all the new :bfp:

I've got mu appointment through for the fetal medicine unit it's on the 23rd sept I will be 12+2

ok girls a bit worried now. Ive had no symptoms at all today which i thought was a bit strange so ive tested and the line isnt as dark as the control now :-( xx

Today is my first doc visit... have no clue what they will do or not do. Probably will get a bit of the standard BMI is not perfect lecture. Not expecting a scan for many weeks still, we'll see. Hopefully I can get some answers about the extra vitamins I have stopped (iron) and feel I should continue taking. Do you all think I should take in the vitamins I am currently taking, prenatals & few extras like calcium just so they can be sure everything looks good?

I'm confused about dates for scans b/c my sister had one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks (in the US) but according to my insurance's website they say probably not until 20 weeks.... wow, that seems like a long wait, but I don't want a scan too early that might stress me out, when everything seems okay. What do you all think? Is 20 weeks just way too long to wait before making sure everything looks good? Should I bug them for one earlier?

Hey peeps can I join you. :flower:

My EDD by LMP is the 6th :happydance: this could well change though because up until a week and a half ago it was :BFN: and I'd given up testing and was waiting for :witch: :dohh:

Wishing all April Sweet Peas a h&h 9 months :flower:

Today is my first doc visit... have no clue what they will do or not do. Probably will get a bit of the standard BMI is not perfect lecture. Not expecting a scan for many weeks still, we'll see. Hopefully I can get some answers about the extra vitamins I have stopped (iron) and feel I should continue taking. Do you all think I should take in the vitamins I am currently taking, prenatals & few extras like calcium just so they can be sure everything looks good?

I'm confused about dates for scans b/c my sister had one at 6 weeks and one at 8 weeks (in the US) but according to my insurance's website they say probably not until 20 weeks.... wow, that seems like a long wait, but I don't want a scan too early that might stress me out, when everything seems okay. What do you all think? Is 20 weeks just way too long to wait before making sure everything looks good? Should I bug them for one earlier?

In the UK we have one at 12 weeks and 20 weeks on the NHS... waiting 20 weeks does seem like a very long time.

Yes, 20 weeks is a long time to wait for an u/s in the US. I think most doctors do the first between 8-10 weeks. My first is when I will be 10 weeks but when I was in NC I went at 8 weeks with my daughter, just depends on what practice you go to. I'm sure the doc will talk to you today about when your first u/s will be. The 20 week one is when you will find out the sex (if you want to) and they do a lot of measuring to make sure all is ok. When I had my daughter the 20 week one was the last one I got so I only had 2 u/s that whole pregnancy.

I would def. have a list of all the vitamins you are currently taking so the doc can tell you what to take and what not to take. I always had a big problems with prenatals so I take 2 Flinestones chewables w/iron and an extra folic acid. They will usually give you a bunch of samples of prenatals. Good luck today.

ok girls a bit worried now. Ive had no symptoms at all today which i thought was a bit strange so ive tested and the line isnt as dark as the control now :-( xx
Don't worry hun, I had exactly the same 2 days ago. Let's just say it was the calm before the storm as MS hit me today and my bbs have been so sore in the evenings especially. (I actually kinda like it as it reassures me slightly!)

My FMU tests for some reason come back lighter than afternoon pee. I didn't go to the loo for maybe 2.5hrs this afternoon, did a test and it was darker than yesterdays FMU test.
I reckon if you've got a few ICs lying around, try one tomorrow afternoon after holding your pee for a couple hours or so. :thumbup:
I did hear that this happens after a while as the placenta takes over but didn't think it'd be THIS soon...

thanks for all your support girls, not sure what to think right now but it's good to know i can vent to you lot.

i posted a thread on second tri and a few girls replied saying they were asked to decide at 7, 8 wks due to no fetal pole, and they are now 20 weeks, so i guess there is still some hope.

what niggles me though, is that i haven't felt good about this preg. from right at the begining; i never felt so negative when preg. with Taylor. jsut wonder if my body knew all along........

someone please tell me a joke or something to snap me out of my misery tonight!! x

I'm 2 April too apparently (getting my head round it still!)

Huge hugs Jeffsar :hugs: I'm so sorry you're having to play the waiting game - but it sounds really reassuing about the other girls in 2nd tri. xxx

ncmommy - thank you for the advice and detailed reply, as this is my first, I am a bit lost when it comes to knowing what to expect. I guess you are right that I will know more after tonight. Just meeting with GP not OBGYN b/c that was the only option I was given at this point.

jeffsar - hang in there hun, I have also heard of plenty of misdiagnoses early on that turn out just fine... remind yourself that your sac has grown drastically, so something is happening in there and headed in the right direction!!

Congrats kirsty - it does take a week or two to fully sink in!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->