***April Sweet Peas 2011*** join here (48 babies born)

I've just been given the date for my first midwife appointment which is the 15th of September so I'll be over 9 weeks before I even get to see anyone. Is it normal to wait this long in the UK?

Yup. Normally 10 weeks. Annoying isn't it? I was surprised when I was pregnant first time, felt like we're unimportant until we've passed the 12 week mark, like it's assumed we will mc. The doctor told me jack. Didn't even tell me what to eat or avoid. Good job I'm not dependent on the doctor for info as some people no doubt are.

Thanks so much more that, really don't know what I'd do without this forum, you're all brilliant! It is really annoying, going to spend the next month feeling like I'm on a knife's edge.

i thought the HIP grant was for everyone, no matter what you earn? Thats what i was told in my pregnancy last year anywany. The sure start grant is income based xx

i thought the HIP grant was for everyone, no matter what you earn? Thats what i was told in my pregnancy last year anywany. The sure start grant is income based xx

That's what I thought, too Tasha?
I know i'll be eligible anyway as brother and sil got it and they earn alot more than we do.

the HIP is available to all and is not income based xxxxx

thats good news about the HIP grant as i turn 25 weeks end of dec as well.

i'm really peeded off about the sure start grant as who as the right to say you dont need the extra money for your second or third baby.

you are only entilted to it for your first child from the start of jan 2011!

just had a quick look online and it said it doesnt change till April but i could be wrong. ill ask the midwife tomorrow. it also said thre child trust fund has been scrapped? xx

Everything I can find says the grant ends in April 2011

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/familyfinance/sure-start-maternity-grant/

oh brilliant thank you so much for that.x

at least i know i wont have to struggle to save for a pram now.

lol great minds think alike.x

i bet you will have to have a double buggy chick i'm hoping i can get away with a buggy board for gertie as she loves to work at mo but will have to see what she is like closer to the time.

might get a second hand double just incase for long days out

i have my silvercross pram that i can use for the new baby , alex is in his luna now

but i think i will have to get a double because he is still not walking properly yet x

Hey, you can add me on the 9th of April 2011, went to my gynea on Friday and got the exact date, we also got to see and hear the heartbeat, I was a bit surprised only thought you got to hear it at 12 weeks, but we are not complaining :)

I was worried when I read it was ending in Jan! My first child is 14... I definitely don't still have his baby stuff to use!

the HIP is available to all and is not income based xxxxx

I thought you all meant the Sure Start grant. I've never even heard of this one. I never got one with Byron and he's only 20 months! When on Earth was this introduced?!

Whoever asked about tax credits, by 2012 family incomes of £25-30k (depending on circumstances) won't get tax credits.

Just answered my own question, was 2009. Bah. Bloody Tories. I'll miss the cut off by 2 weeks. Sodding Tories. What do those millionaire men know about raising kids and pregnancy?

Congratulations to all the new BFP's

Im 6 weeks today & still feeling fine.... Nothing at all going on with me

I have my doctors appointment tomorrow morning at 8,30am. So we shall see what they say about a early scan i hope they are not going to be arkward about the whole thing. I have a feeling they will as this surgery (been there 2 years) seem to be a load of rubbish.

If they say no, i shall be phoning the private clinic just down the road from me & booking in there to have one done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->