April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

Hi ladies!! I was not expecting babt this early! I had nothing ready! When they started asking me all these questions at the hospital about my birthplan etc. I was like its half done. At home. Un printed lol. So yeah ladies get your hospital bags done etc. April babies are coming early!

awww bless thats so cute :flower: i havent noticed anything like that with DJ but will look out for it now and hopefully he will do a bit more wiggling today :D xxx

What sort of things did they ask hun? i havent a clue what to put on a birth plan :shrug:

Rah my little one is like that to.Be more wriggling now that before i guess i just can feel her alot more now. I think she might have popped out as she was 1/5th engaged lol.

I have my bags packed and ready to go. Ive done my birth plan to. Just kept it simple as i dont want to have the epi- lol.

Copied and pasted from my laptop lol

Birth Plan:

* I wanna do gas and air for pain relief

* My mum and Ryan only in room at all times with me.

* I would like to give birth lying on the bed ( to help get progress along walk around)

* I have no objections with my baby being monitored if need be

* Would prefer not to have the epidural at all

* If labor slows down i'm open to what ever help is avalible

* I would like Ryan to cut the cord

* Once baby is delievered i would like skin to skin contact

* I plan to breastfeed.

* If baby needs to be taken away from me i would prefer Ryan to go with her.

* Deliver Placenta ( I would prefer to have injection to speed it up)

Hope thats same help for you Sm lol. I went looking online for what to put on it. I know they may not stick to it but hey ho its there so they got a rough idea. Just need it printed off.

My plan so far is what random questions I have asked in my mw app she has wrote them in my notes and adds to them each time I mention something

So far
No medical students or junior drs -I work with them so more out of embarrassment than anything lol
Lights dimmed
Intermittent monitoring if situation allows
To be as active as I wish
Birth pool if available
Mw to cut the cord once stopped pulsing
To have vit k injection
Skin to skin as soon as possible
Breastfeed when able

Iv got all my stuff ready, just one last wash of moses basket bedding to do, then im all ready. Hopefully she wont come early though, as im having a planned section, I don;t want it to turn into an emergency

I spoke to my midwife about my pain. turns out i have UTI

I just posted a thread about how to tell if you contracting as my midwife as me if i was and i honestly couldnt say as i know some girls cant feel them. If you guys could and know lol could you give me some advice on the thread or here :)xxxx

I haven't been shopping yet so don't have a Moses basket yet guess I should start soon ha ha

As for contacting I don't know really was really painful across my tummy then stop but this was my slow labour proper labour started in my hip I just thought it was sore coz I lay in bed all day feeling sorry for myself ha ha
Not much help I know I'm kind of thinking of this ad my 1st time and its all going to go textbook no hip labour

Thanks for the advice on the birth plan Cherry and Rah :hugs: i will write one out and pop it in my notes :thumbup:

Sorry you have a UTI cherry try not to worry hun i used to get them loads when i was in my mid 20's dunno why but as long as you drink plenty of fluids it should pass :flower: i have heard they can bring on contractions in pregnancy but hopefully your midwife has checked you over to make sure your all ok :hugs:

Jenny i finally got some socks in my hospital bag :haha: ohh i have to wash the moses basket sheets toooo i forgot about that!! Thanks for the reminder :thumbup: xxx

smanderson: its like the ladies before stated, they ask for what you wanna use for pain management, if you have picked a pediatrician, if you would except a blood transfusion for you or the baby if needed, which shots do you want the baby to have etc.

But there is a lot they don't ask but you want to probably mention like who you want in the room, if you would agree to an episiotomy, if you want the cord to stop pulsating before they cut it, if you want skin to skin immediately. I didn't have to time to tell them anything but they didn't do anything I didn't want them to do.. of course do to his age I couldn't get skin to skin immediately etc.
In the heat of the moment a lot of that planning goes out of the window, but there are certain things I would have been upset about if they had done like an episiotomy but even though they never got my birth plan and everything happened super fast they didn't do anything I wasn't ok with.

Jenny i finally got some socks in my hospital bag :haha: ohh i have to wash the moses basket sheets toooo i forgot about that!! Thanks for the reminder :thumbup: xxx

Lol I better get at least 1 pair in there for home day. Ohh carrier bags too, for dirty clothes. :-D

Hi ladies , thought I'd pop on and see how you are all going on, 3weeks 2days to go for me:) I had a scan on Tuesday and the said they thought baby was 7lb 11 already !! I went to see consultant on Thursday and they have decided to test me for diabetes ?? They have said they will induce me at 38 weeks if bloods dhow this is the case..Apparently this can make baby grow bigger than normal..sdp still a pain literally lol.. But just getting on with it.. Can't wait to meet our bean...bags r packed n birth plan
done.. Few bits n bobs to do at home but more or less sorted....

I was getting a little nervous about labour..I've been through it twice so u would think I'd be ok but prob because I know what's coming lol...I then watched a African woman give birth on you tube into a banana leaf n thought what u moaning about haha .. So I'm fine about it now :)

I've been told head well engaged n getting loads of pressure down below so
hopefully may be movement soon !! I'll keep bouncing on my ball..

I've not read all thread but will catch up..

Hope ur all doing ok

Ps...baby pics are beautiful dezzy

Carrier bags for dirty clothes good idea :) I must have packed my bags 3
times now . I have one for me , one for baby, and a small one for oh in
delivery room..

Take care
Apple xxxxx

Happy mothers to be day :)

Wow Apple your dates are coming round super fast!! Crazy how the time is flying now :happydance: i cant wait to see all the April baby pics!!!! :happydance:

Good idea Jenny, will put a bag in now :thumbup: do you know if the hospital provide towels or if we need to take one in? I dunno if it varies between hospitals, just seems to take up a lot of room in the bag if i can avoid :thumbup:

Thanks Doll, seems like a lot to think about :wacko: i'll have to start asking some questions at my midwife appointment :flower:

Sm i asked my midwife what they should have. Well i meant i asked if i run out of pads will they have extra there incase i run out lol she said yeah. So next time you see your midwife i would ask her or one of the people who does your scans.

Ohhhh getting sooo close :)....

xxxxx

Sm i asked my midwife what they should have. Well i meant i asked if i run out of pads will they have extra there incase i run out lol she said yeah. So next time you see your midwife i would ask her or one of the people who does your scans.

Ohhhh getting sooo close :)....

xxxxx

Thanks hun, i have an appointment on Tuesday so i'll ask them then :thumbup: will bombard them with questions :haha: but i'd rather ask and not feel silly walking in with too much or too little stuff :thumbup:

Sooooo exciting :happydance: cant believe we will all have our babies soon :cloud9:

xxxx

I would ask your hospital about the towels hun. But I imagine you would need to take your own in, as towels are going to get blood on them, and im pretty sure then they cant use them for other patients. Your better off with your own hun lol, imagine being given a towel someone else had used? uurrgg....get a visitor to bring you in a fresh one every day :)

My right boob leaked loads through my top this evening lmao, was weird.

he is out of the billy lights and looks awesome! so cute, had to share!

https://img833.imageshack.us/img833/6971/cam00325e.jpg

Awwww Doll he is gorgeous!! :cloud9: i bet you cant stop staring at him :hugs: what a cutie xxx

Jenny, your so right about the towels, i didnt even think of that :dohh: that would be gross using a towel someone else had bled on :sick: i'll just leave the one i have packed and have a pile for hubby to bring in if needed :thumbup: thanks hun :flower:

Ooohh leaking i think that must be a good sign for bf'ing if thats what your planning to do.. I still have colostrum but not lots :shrug: i worry a lot so i dunno if that will affect how i produce milk :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->