Are chocolate flavoured cereals bad?

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
I am just wondering if chocolate flavored cereals like chocolate cheerios are bad? I eat them for breakfast and i don't have any problem losing weight, i know they aren't the healthiest choice but they are fortified with vits and minerals so surely they can't be that bad right?

I haven't really looked at them as the word chocolate in it makes me think it probably isn't that healthy :shrug: but because I've not looked at the ingredients I really don't know for sure (my daughter would love it I'm sure but I'd rather not even get her started on them :lol:)

Alot of foods claim they have what you need in them but sometimes they arent as true as you think, like on bread it says you can get your omega 3 out of it, need eat half the loaf to get that ina day, that isnt healthy.

Your much better swaping your bar for something miles better that you know offers you what it claims, like in fruit, complex carbs. Best way to start the day.

They are processed crap.
https://www.cheerios.com/Products/Chocolate-Cheerios

Aside from the claims, read the actual ingredients:
Whole grain (#1), and the next most prominent ingredients: sugar, corn syrup, processed cocoa, oils, salts, added colour.

That being said, I believe in all things in moderation. If you enjoy it and it isn't inhibiting your progress, and you can get your vitamins/nutrients at other times of the day, then go ahead and enjoy.

Thanks girls. I think i may start eating something a bit more nutritious for breakfast. Because i have been finding it isn't keeping me very full and this week i haven't managed to lose any weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->