Are HPTs accurate? Symptoms galore, 22dpo

alodge86

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first time posting in a forum, but I have been lurking for the last 2 years of considering TTC. (xposted)
I know you guys can't tell me if I am preggers, I just need to connect with someone because I am 8 days late and getting all BFN :wacko:

I'll get straight to the point so I can quit obsessing already. It seems like the most information I offer the better, so here you go (sorry, there may be TMI)
*I have a regular 33 day cycle
*positive OPK on CD 18, but BD'd every other day on CD 8-20, as it is the first month we were actively trying.
*I have never been on BC, I will be 29 this month, DH is 37.
*I have been tracking my cycles and symptoms for the last 2 years, as I figured it would be handy one day.
*Taking prenatal vitamins for the last 60 days in prep for TTC.
*quit smoking, drinking and excess caffeine 3 months ago as well.

I always have super sore BBs 10-7 days before AF. it is now CD41 for me, out of what is typically a 33 day cycle. I never had my typical PMS symptoms this cycle, not even sore BBs instead I had:
*creamy white discharge/CM (kept going to bathroom thinking I started, but nothing, typically dry before AF)
*weird pinching feeling underneath belly button (never had this feeling)
*splitting headaches to the point I just need to stop whatever I am doing and chill out.
*sleepy even after 12 hours of sleep (i seem to be in a coma every night)
*super vivid dreams, nightly
*Painful nipples and side boob by armpit only. Mom mentioned how much bigger BBs looked today.
*no matter how much food I eat, I ALWAYS have room for more. I am 5'5" and weigh 135 pounds. I have lost 2.5 pounds despite all the overeating as of late.
*so much acne. I won't have a pimple, and then 3 hours later I look in the mirror and there are whiteheads on my face that did not exist earlier.
*to me, my nipples look darker and I swear I see Montgomery's tubercles. That may be in my head, as I really have no way to measure that. (boob selfies from now on? lol)
* get nausea all friggin day. not puking-just feeling like I might. lots of spells where my mouth is watering (like before you puke), and I get a dizzy 'gotta lay down and have water NOW' ick feeling.

SO...despite all of this, every HPT I have taken (have been testing like crazy since 12dpo) has been BFN :dohh:
I have used First response, dollar store cheapies and answer. Thinking of trying ClearBlue possibly.
I am never late. Anyone experience anything similar? Someone told me i am forcing my body to do all of these things because I want to be pregnant, but I did not know over half those things were symptoms until after they happened. Plus, I know I ovulated on CD18 (well, I had a positive OPK, at least..I know they are not fool proof) If I am preggers, I am 5 weeks and 3 days right now.
Not sure what to think. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if AF came at this point, I just want an answer so I can get on with it. So frustrated. :( I have my annual and pre-conception appointment (weirdly) on the date when I would be 8 weeks along! So weird! Doctor told me to wait and he would do a blood test if AF not here and still getting BFN. I swear, this is going to be a LONG month!
Anyone been through similar? I know, it's a stretch. TIA and baby dust to all :dust:

Hi hon, sorry to hear you are in limbo! I have heard that some people don't get a response on test however I think that is very rare. I would imagine if you are getting symptoms you should be showing something on a test. Are you using fmu? Maybe go see a different doctor and request a blood test so you know for sure. There can be many reasons for missing a period but it is frustrating when you are ttc.

All the best!

You could be pregnant, I have also heard that some people don't show on a test. However, until you do have a positive test I would take it with a pinch of salt. When I was TTCing, I could have sworn on a bible that I was pregnant, the symptoms, the " just knowing ", and I wasn't. The body and brain can convince you of what is not. Good luck and try to test in a few days, or even better get a beta X

I'm 8 days late too. My bbt is high and increasing o thought I got bfp 1 week ago but think it may have been evap. I have load of symptoms and 32 day cycle I know when I o and no sign of af.. I had cramps a few days before due and they stopped. Im seeing a doc on Fri I imagine she would do blood work. It took 2 weeks being late for me to get my first bfp so I know it happens it's just really stressing.. I have had positive opks for a week and a half as well so there is something going on just don't know what

I don't know if HPT can be wrong, But you are having almost all the pregnancy symptoms like creamy discharge, Sore armpits, burning nipples,
pain above pubic bone.
Go for blood test and let us know the results :thumbup:

Hi hon, sorry to hear you are in limbo! I have heard that some people don't get a response on test however I think that is very rare. I would imagine if you are getting symptoms you should be showing something on a test. Are you using fmu? Maybe go see a different doctor and request a blood test so you know for sure. There can be many reasons for missing a period but it is frustrating when you are ttc.

All the best!

Hello and thanks for your reply! I am using FMU, I have tried POAS as well as dipping the thing in a cup, nothing seems to make a difference. It is so unusual to be late at all, especially THIS late. I have what was supposed to be my pre-conception/ annual at my OBGYN on the 28th, so I will have bloods done then.
Such a confusing time :cry:

Weird, huh? If my period is late just for the hell of it, I'm sort of worried about another issue since all these symptoms have never happened to me before.

I'm 8 days late too. My bbt is high and increasing o thought I got bfp 1 week ago but think it may have been evap. I have load of symptoms and 32 day cycle I know when I o and no sign of af.. I had cramps a few days before due and they stopped. Im seeing a doc on Fri I imagine she would do blood work. It took 2 weeks being late for me to get my first bfp so I know it happens it's just really stressing.. I have had positive opks for a week and a half as well so there is something going on just don't know what

Oh man! I would give anything even for an evap right now lol! I just want to know something. I am only 8 days late, so I think I am going to wait until I am a full 15 days late and test again :haha:

If ur in the states, u can go to anylabnow. Order ur own blod test and they call u with results. Its 40.00 but in end its cheaper then continuing taking tests. And its correct as they consider six and above positive. Gl

If ur in the states, u can go to anylabnow. Order ur own blod test and they call u with results. Its 40.00 but in end its cheaper then continuing taking tests. And its correct as they consider six and above positive. Gl

My doctor wants me to wait until I'm at least 2 weeks late. 11 days late and counting!

You dont need ur doc to go there and order blood. You go in urself and tell them u want a beta hcg done. Pay 40.00, they have there own lab there and it detects from 6mui and up....

I did this twice this yr. It ended up cheaper...and I didnt have to drive myself crazy when my doc wanted me to wait. Gl..just thought I would share that this is available.

Are you sure you pvulated when you did? Some people gear up to ovulate then dont for whatever reason and ovulate later. Do you temp? OPK's are really tricky. Was the second line definitely darker than the control line? I have heard of women testing positive super late, but it is very rare! Let us know how it all turns out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->