Are protein shakes okay to drink while pregnant?

lcmorla

Reaction score
My craving for chocolate has only gotten worse as this pregnancy progresses. We've got tons of chocolate Monster Milk protein powder at home and I want to drink it!!

My Doctor said they were fine as long as they didn't contain aspartame. Huge relief for me!

I stopped drinking mine just because there are so many extra ingredients in them, I switched to ovaltine!

They're fine! The one I use is an organic, grain free, plant-based protein mix with a probiotic/digestive enzyme blend, vitamins, minerals, and a fruit and veggie antioxidant blend. I think it has 20g of protein and 10g of fiber.

Just look at the ingredients, you know what you do and don't want in your body.
I mix mine with coconut milk and usually add other stuff like banana or almond butter or honey...it tastes like I'm drinking a chocolate liquid pudding cake...that'll cure a chocolate craving :)

Yes, as long as you read the ingredients and make sure there aren't metals in there like alkaline, etc. Also, I would stay away the drinks where you can't pronounce all of the ingredients or know what they are. Also beware of hibiscus and other herbs. I used to drink Shakeology but stopped after falling pregnant. There aren't any studies on what is healthy and what is not in terms of herbs, etc so proceed with caution.

I was reading early as long as keep under 71g protein per day

I drink a muscle milk protein shake every now and then. My doctor said its completely fine!

I was reading early as long as keep under 71g protein per day
Protein requirements are meant to be based on your weight and activity. Those of us who work out may need a little more.
https://www.livestrong.com/article/535738-how-to-determine-protein-requirements/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->