are richer people happier people?

Not really..happiness isnt bought by money..Unless they are totally shallow I guess!

The most important things on life aren't things after all.

Having said that, perhaps if you have more money, it means less financial worries, which could make you more carefree...then again you may be in a more stressful job, which could mean your less happy lol
Xx

Possibly, if they don't have to worry about how there going to pay the bills or feed their children then its one less thing to worry about

U think for a little while yes but in the long run once the novalty has woen off (say if you won the lottery) and once you realised most people are fickle and its the same family and friends that you had all along that are truely there for you hwn i dont think it does buy happiness.
It can certainly buy a dam good time for a while though :)

I would love to be rich and never worry about money again. I do think money does bring u happiness i just think it makes u unhappy when u get to greedy

That is a difficult one...

They say "money doesn't buy happiness", which is true, but it sure makes things a lot easier.

Right now we're not exactly rolling it as we've got the mortgage on the house, my car payments, a mortgage on my husband's garage (he's a mechanic) which he recently bought and is currently upgrading so that is more money being spent daily.

Our wages are JUST covering the bills and food so I suppose you could say we're poor at the moment.

The question there would be am I happy? Well, not really! Every time a bill comes through the door I suddenly panic thinking it might be higher than usual and if it is we won't have the money.

Hopefully once all the repairs are done on the garage and my husband has the business running steadily with regular profits things will get better and we'll have some spare money in the bank.

The next question is will I be happy when that happens? HELL YES!

So, I suppose money DOES buy happiness, maybe not 100%, but it sure helps :)

Unhappiness is usually because we want something that others have got.

I am fairly well off. I own my own house, own a second house that is rented out, we both have well paid jobs
BUT
I have been TTC number 2 for just over a year now. - that makes me unhappy.
I lost my brother 7 years ago. He never met his nephew and I am now an only child. - that makes me unhappy.

Money takes one aspect of worry away, but I think there are very few truly happy people in this world.

I don't think so. Money can't buy happiness. Sure it'll help for awhile but if you don't have anything elsein your life, I really don't believe money will make you happy.

I dont think so, rich people still get sick, lose loved ones, get their heartbroken.

I think you will be happy, money wise, if you don't want to earn more than you do. If you're comfortable on a small salary and you don't crave more, then you're happy. If you're rich but always pushing for more, you're unhappy. I think it's relative.

(of course if you're in dire financial straits I think it's a bit different...)

I don't think being rich alone makes you happy. Money isn't everything after all. But if everything else in your life is perfect. You have everything you want, and the only cause of stress in your life is money issues then I think it would make you happier. I think you have to be happy in the other areas of your life too. Like I said I don't think money can be the sole cause of happiness. But then again, some people don't care about money and can live a perfectly happy life being "poor".

I guess it's all relative, and happiness is subjective. So it depends on the person.

People always say money doesn't buy happiness, but I'd be a hell of a lot happier right now if I had some money.

People always say money doesn't buy happiness, but I'd be a hell of a lot happier right now if I had some money.

Haha that's exactly what I mean though. It would bring me happiness lol, because I have my family and everything else in my life is great, it's just the money side of things that gets me down.

Haha that's exactly what I mean though. It would bring me happiness lol, because I have my family and everything else in my life is great, it's just the money side of things that gets me down.

I know! I've never been so poor in my life! Im going back to work soon but it's not going to make a great deal of difference as I've got child are to think of. I'm so poor right now I'm seriously considering joining the forces which is something I've always wanted to do but put to the back of my mind since having children!

I'm going to go against what most people probably say, but yes, I do think "rich" people are happier.

Money struggles are some of the worst issues families and couples can ever have. Money has the ability to make your life a living hell or easy breezy. Money without love and compassion can be very lonely too. There always needs to be a middle ground to keep you human.

Money can't buy you happiness...but I'd rather cry in a Mansion & a Ferrari.

I would be incredibly happy if I had a load of money. I am happy with most things in my life but I would love a load of money. Would be nice to go to any shop and buy what I want without checking bank balance first!

Rich people aren't necessarily happier - but I do think money has a certain degree (not total) of effect on happiness levels.

Money can't buy you things in life that make you truly happy in your heart - but being without money can certainly make you unhappy. I've been in really bad debt in my past and I was miserable, finally paying off my loans and being debt free made me happier than I was before. But not as happy as I am now I've found my husband and had a child together.

I'm now fortunate to be comfortable financially, not rich and splashing cash but we know we can pay the bills and cover emergencies without having to worry. I think if we won the lottery our lives would be a bit nicer but it wouldn't make a massive difference to happiness. But I think a family struggling to pay for food would be a lot happier to suddenly have a few pounds spare cash each month. It's all relative really.

I guess I agree with the majority here. Wealth can ensure no financial burden but can't buy the more valuable things in life such as health, family, love or friendship.

While I said money can't buy true happiness it can enable you to follow your dream (eg retrain for a new career) and buy fertility treatment for those struggling to conceive. So maybe sometimes money can buy happiness....

We are not exactly rich or have much money at all, yet we are very happy! So I guess I make the most of what I have, two healthy children a loving husband and family. That's all I need. Money is the root of all evil!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->