Are we all getting ready for x factor?

Don't think she meant it like that tbh. She does a lot of work with gay rights, and in gay clubs so I dont think shes a homophobe at all.

She shouldnt have mentioned that.. what a cow!!

Twins- They are kids lol.. they are immature. Your not a kid when your mature enough to get married and they are not... there harmless i cant see why everyone gets so worked up about them :lol: xx

:shrug: I think it's very unfair that they're still in the competition when other groups deserve it so much more.

Anyway, I think Miss frank was the best of the night alongside Joe.

Yeh you do got a point there hunni :hugs: xx

I don't think Danni meant it in a homphobic way - I just think it was irrelevant to his performance and a bit unfair on the poor boy to discuss his personal life on national tv :).

OMG I leave the room for 5 mins and miss all the excitement !

What did she say then ?

Oh and how can you not love the twins they are hilarious !!

Danyl sang a "girl's" song - "I'm telling you" i think it's called. Danni said something along the lines of "if we're to believe the stories in the paper we wouldn't have to change the gender reference". It was kind of met by stony silence from the other judges and the audience etc, so Danni said it again. It was a bit awkward lol. Poor boy stood on stage and you could see him say to someone "I'm not ashamed". Don't think Simon was very impressed. I have to say I don't read the X factor stuff inthe papers so I had no idea about any of the stories - but even I got the implication that she was saying he is gay (or at least bisexual).

I for one and i know a lot of others have put in a complaint to OFCOM about X Factor tonight after those disgusting comments from Danni, who the hell does she think she is? Nasty, spiteful and bordering on gay bashing!!

Lets not be naive, here, she can't have meant it in any other way. The fact that Simon said "You can stop all that right now" said it all. His face said it all. The fact she does work for gay rights means nothing, really. People often do that for a front, a way of looking good, but then they make a slip up like she made tonight. It's no issue. He's bisexual, so what? Like he said, he's not ashamed. What right does she have to even comment upon it, let alone in the way that she did? It's none of her business. It's nothing to do with the show. I think she thought she was being funny. She wasn't.

I agree, it was so wrong of her to mention that. It had nothing to do with his performance and nothing to do with the show really. To say it once was bad enough, to say it twice...as if it wasn't out of order enough the first time!! I don't think it was her being homophobic, just her being completely innappropriate. The poor boy is on national TV for gods sake!! xx

Honestly I think she meant it to come across as 'if your gay then don't change the 'guy' to 'girl' in the song' but obviously it came out really wrong. She shouldn't have said anything anyway. Poor Danyl :(

I for one and i know a lot of others have put in a complaint to OFCOM about X Factor tonight after those disgusting comments from Danni, who the hell does she think she is? Nasty, spiteful and bordering on gay bashing!!

I agree with Holly. Whether he is gay or not, it was totally wrong for Dannii to even mention his sexuality on tv, and she said it in a really sly way. I think a lot of gay people will feel the same way, I know I do, he looked really sad. Its no one elses place but his own to choose whether or not to disclose details of his personal life.

End of the day, she has no right to comment upon his sexuality. Making an issue of it kind of implies that she HAS an issue with it. I personally think he's gorgeous and a great performer. And the fact that he looked so hurt by what she said made it all the worse. But, he didn't comment, he didn't retaliate. That's the perfect answer.

Oh I definately agree with that - his sexuality is his own business. I'm not sure if he has openly said he is gay already (like I said I don't follow the papers on the celeb gossip stuff) but if he hasn't she basically just outed him in front of the whole nation, including his family and the kids he teaches.

I think he's pretty much out as bisexual but still, why should he have to stand there in front of tv cameras and tell everyone that he is not ashamed? Pretty sure he's not 'out' to the kids he teaches. Or, he wasn't. He is now.

OMG Will have to watch it again tomorrow.

I bet she will be in for it after the show finishes !

I know it's totally nobody's business except his own. Poor guy.

Bless him he looked like he was going to cry.. i think it stunned him a little. Some parents are going to be explaining some very awkward topics to his students now!! Im sure they would have all been watching. xx

Presuming his students are quite young that is.. I think they are from that i saw on the clips xx

Here's a link to his performance followed by the judges comments for anyone who missed it https://xfactor.itv.com/2009/episodes/video/item_200419.htm. To be honest I think Dannii should be made to apologise on tomorrow's show at the very least. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->