Are you doing perineal massage?

Celesse

Reaction score
Well I'm 30 weeks today, which is the date when I told myself I would start doing the massage.

Just wondering how many people are doing the massage and who is doing it?

Also what are people using for it? Oil? KY? special perineal massage formula?

I keep meaning to and then forget....I'm useless. Really, REALLY need to start doing it though! *eeek*

I've bought KY jelly for the purpose.

i was told to start at 35 weeks, ive jyust been using baby oil as this is what my friend suggested!! fingers crossed it works as they say!

my OH is doing it for me, I end up aching and out of breath when I try and bend in half lol

Im not sure whether we're doing it right, but somethings better than nothing i guess *shrug*!!

I think they recommend almond oil for perineal massage. Personally I never did it and with my daughter only slightly grazed and with my son I had no grazing or anything. I am apparently very stretchy down there lol

Knowing my luck I will get 2 times worth this time. xx

I kept thinking I'd do it but I just cant get there to do it lol

i just couldnt bear the thought of doing it sorry/x

My hospital STRONGLY recommends it from 34 weeks...

Will try to get my husband to do it (hope it doesn't feel like sexual assault... :blush: ). Will get some almond oil or may use a little olive oil instead.

Don't like the idea of it, but the thought of tearing or an episeotomy (sp?) appeals far less... :nope:

Hope it works! :wacko:

QT

I'm really worried that if i get OH to do it he will get the wrong idea, then get disappointed he isn't getting sex, then sulk and then I'll feel guilty and end up promising him a blow job!

I've bought some oil stuff to do it but can't quite bring myself to start - it sounds grim!

I am such a wimp...

I'm really worried that if i get OH to do it he will get the wrong idea, then get disappointed he isn't getting sex, then sulk and then I'll feel guilty and end up promising him a blow job!

:haha: (sorry! :winkwink: ).

Husband will understand EXACTLY why he is doing it and where it is not leading BEFORE we start.... :winkwink:

QT

I've bought some oil stuff to do it but can't quite bring myself to start - it sounds grim!

I am such a wimp...

Not as grim as a tear/cut in your perineum and having it stitched afterwards... and then the stitches itching or it stinging when you wee... :wacko:

(saying that, I will do the massage and probably STILL tear... whereas some of those that haven't done it wont... :dohh: :haha: )

QT

My OH does it for me started about 2 weeks ago i`m using the Perinal massage oil from mothercare ....hope it helps i`m so scared of tearing.

If I thought it would get me sex, I'd tell my husband to start doing it now! LOL

My OH does it for me started about 2 weeks ago i`m using the Perinal massage oil from mothercare ....hope it helps i`m so scared of tearing.

This stuff? https://www.mothercare.com/Motherca...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42800041&mcb=core

Wonder if Santa will pop some in my stocking!

I was told to start from 34 weeks. It was strongly recommended to me too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->