Are you going to make your OH stop drinking....

starah

Reaction score
when you get closer to your due date? I have been thinking about this a lot lately, my OH works at a bar and his shift ends at midnight where he then usually sticks around til bar close drinking. This is fine with me as I'm in bed and everything anyway, but now when I think about it, what if I go into labor during these times?? He wouldn't be able to drive me to the hospital! Should I make him stop drinking 2 weeks before my due date until I have the baby? Or earlier? Ahh so many questions sorry :dohh:

Me and my OH had this conversation and we decided it was better he didnt drink. So for the 2 weeks before until she is born he has given up so that if anything happens we are ready to go. I would hate to think that I couldnt get to the hospital quickly if there is an emergency so better to be safe than sorry i reckon.

If hes going to be the one who is going to be taking you to the hospital then maybe suggest to him that nearer the time you would like him to stop. You want him 100% there when babys on the way.

i had this convo with my Oh since its his 20th birthday the day before my due date i said NO alcohol lol and my grans wedding on the 16th of may lol

My hubby doesnt go out drinking and only has the odd drink in the house

My OH doesn't drink that often...every few months, he'll have a night where he does drink more than a few...but he just had one so we're good for a few months! lol. Occasionally he'll have a drink after work, but no more than one. I will definitely ask him to not have more than one 2 weeks before...which he won't mind I'm sure.
I'm sure your OH like most men, probably doesn't really think to much about the details..but would be gutted if he couldn't even drive you to the hospital, so I think you should mention it! Makes sense to me!

My DH doesn't drink much anyway, he doesn't go out drinking, but might have the odd one in the house/with our neighbours in the house. We have a leaving do to go to tomorrow night on camp and he has already taken it up on himself not to drink at all from now on until birth as he is convinced I will be early, lol. And theres still 4 weeks to go!

My OH had his last drink on bank holiday monday. He's not that impressed about the drinking ban i have imposed on him but i said its only for 3-5 weeks max! I've done without for 8 bloody months lol xx

Mine is on a beer ban - this thread has reminded me to text him to tell him not to stop off at the off licence on his way home tonight. Poor thing has just finished a run of 13 hour shifts and is off for a few days!!

My OH dont drive lol. But i've told him not to drink anyways, he's a light weight and does my head in when he's pissed!

Mine is Italian and loves his wine!
That said he has stopped like he did with our two boys.
Firstly because of getting to hospital etc
Second,because baby will be in our room and he feels he needs to be 100% on form,no smell of booze on his breath near bubs etc
Its very sweet.

Oh wow I haven't even had to think about this!
Guess I'm lucky that my OH doesn't drink....ever lol. He hasn't had a drink since like a week before we got our bfp and that's also when I last drank.

If I were you tho, I'd explain to him regarding the due date only being an 'estimate' and it can come early! Men don't seem to understand that :rofl:

Hubby actually said on sunday with dinner this will be the last glass of wine i have until baby arrives we didnt even discuss it he just decided :)

...**sneaks in from 2nd tri!**... My hubby is quite fond of his beer! But he has decided that he will stop at the end of next month even though I will only be about 31 weeks. He did say that he should be allowed three passes, to which I said ok, so long as he doesn't have more than a few and there is a family member who will be on call those nights! xx

yer I agree its best for him to stop drinking, Even if hes home if hes had a drink the midwifes may not allow him to be there during the labour( not sure what the procedure is) but im sure he would want to remember and be there 100% when you do. I know that I wouldnt my Oh drink if he was planning to be there with me.

If my hubby makes it home in time he’s not going to drink until after the baby comes. We’ve had this conversation a while ago and we both agree that it’s safer, especially if he’s driving me to the hospital:)

I have asked Allan (OH) to stop drinking about a month before hand... he was fine with it. He only had one or two if we went anywhere... and always made sure he was able to drive if he needed to.

He didnt kick up a stink about it either which i thought he would but he really could see why i had asked this of him and he was happy to slow it all down. Now that we are due (today hehe) he wont even have one :)

it'll make OH feel like a martyr so i'm sure he'll stop drinking for the last month. i'm gonna crack up when he tells people about his "sacrifice." lol!! i just want my belly button back!

My boyfriend was SUPPOSED to quit drinking as soon as I got into third trimester but really.. he was drunk with his friends the weekend before I went into labour. :dohh:

It's probably not a bad idea at all hun, you never know when you are going to go into labour and you will need him to be at his best for you to support you and of course to get you, baby and himself to the hospital safely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->