Are you going to spoil your child?

kandbumpx

Reaction score
As they get older? Like when they are old enough to understand iykwim. Are you going to get them what they want? Or are you going to make them earn what they want.. Like good behaviour ect.

I'm going to get L to earn what she wants by been good and other little things.. Like if she's good when she has needles ect.. I'll treat her :)

My nephew is SPOILT and he's such an ungrateful little boy! He's mardy and can be nasty.. I don't want my babe to end up like this.

No nasty comments please.. Just wondering your thoughts :)

Happy medium hopefully. Shes my princess so she does get lots of nice things but she's generally a very good little girl.

Madi is spoilt. There is no denying it. Its not just me either, everyone spoils her. But she is the most well behaved, polite, thoughtfull little girl. And she honestly appreciates what she has and gets brought.

Madi is spoilt. There is no denying it. Its not just me either, everyone spoils her. But she is the most well behaved, polite, thoughtfull little girl. And she honestly appreciates what she has and gets brought.

That's good then, shows you've brought her up well :).
Not saying my sister hasn't brought my nephew up well but he is so ungrateful.. It annoys me lol

I'm sure everyone wants to spoil their child to a happy medium.

I'd want to treat my children but show them that they don't get everything for free.

If my children get really spoiled, it will be by the grandparents, which I think it general for most kids really.

I do want to teach the kids the value of money though :thumbup:

I surely wouldnt mine when I have some grow up as spoiled brats, they should learn that money doesnt grow on trees , and to treat every item with care .

I'm sure everyone wants to spoil their child to a happy medium.

I'd want to treat my children but show them that they don't get everything for free.

If my children get really spoiled, it will be by the grandparents, which I think it general for most kids really.

I do want to teach the kids the value of money though :thumbup:

this :thumbup:
x

No she will have to earn things. People assume because she's going to be an only child she will get spoilt but the 2 things don't go hand in hand. If anyone's going to spoil her it will be her grandparents.... But that's what grandparents are for!

They already have to earn things - they do small chores, they are learning to realise things don't just do themselves and things don't just come for free. They need to learn how the world works or how will they function as they grow older?

They already have to earn things - they do small chores, they are learning to realise things don't just do themselves and things don't just come for free. They need to learn how the world works or how will they function as they grow older?

Exactly.. Totally agree with this :)

Il defo treat him if hes ill or after any needles but I wont buy him every single thing he asks for. I nkow women who do that and their kids think they deserve everything they ask for and if they are told "no" all hell breaks lose!
tally I agree with you. When your adult you have to work and earn things, so kids need to learn the value of things and that material things are earnt through good behaviour or chores. Also they will respect their things more if they know what they have is it. Like if they break something they think they'll just get a new one straight away they'll never really respect their things

Summer's spoiled. No question about it. I don't mind. She's my princess and it's my right to spoil her :) I see no problem with it as I will ensure she's brought up to appreciate things in life and when she's old enough to understand she'll have to help around the house to earn things :)

Hopefuly some where in the Middle, I don't want them to think good behaviour = presents, because it doesn't, I'm going to teach them to be GRATEFUL for what they get, also what of he really wants something which we can't afford/don't think is suitable, so doesn't get it although he's been so good?

I'm just going to concentrate on teaching to be grateful, I hate it when people expect things, and wan things, and don't appreciate things!

I think different people define being spoilt in different ways

We hope too teach Little Man the value of money as he grows up, I'll most likely do what my parents did, if we needed new trainers my parents would say 'ok you can have up too £30 for them' if we then decided the pair we really wanted was £40 then we would have too help out extra too earn that extra £10 towards them.

He will get treats but it will be when we decide too give them too him, it won't be a case of 'I want this!' and he gets it

I was very very very spolit when inwas brought up, my mum n dad had me a 41 so made up with presents/clothes ect my sisters n brothers weren't spoilt. I only had to ask for something and I'd get it.
But when I was 16 my dad had a stroke and everything changed, I couldn't have everything I wanted because they couldnt afford it. So I had to stand on my own two feet. Il e honest I still am spoilt but by my OH. My kids are not spoilt, they hardly have any new toys through yhe year. My dd will have a new mag every 2 weeks. I don't want them struggling and winging for stuff when there older. My OH wasn't spoilt at all and what ever he wanted e had to buy himself. My dad spoils my kids majorly lol

Mine get lots of toys and things,especially at christmas they get loads, but they do appreciate it and on occasion I will tell them to save their pocket money(off my gran) if they want something big.

They dont get stuff immediately when they ask for it.

They get taken on lots of daytrips,holidays and overnight stays too and I will bring games downsatirs for us all to play as I think giving them time is just as important as throwing money at them.

They arent spoilt brats,but I think its getting the balance right-you dont have to deprive them to make them value money.

What do people mean by spoilt though? If someone said a kid was spoilt, I would take it to mean the kind of kid threw a strop whenever they didn't get exactly what they wanted because they were so used to getting stuff. So no, I won't be creating children like that!

Ruby isn't spolit, we do nice things together that have no conditions attached as regards to her behaviour, but we rarely do or give her big expensive things. She enjoys it all the more from what I can see, when we do do something special and expensive because she is not used to it. I think if you do or give too much to your children all the time you risk being left having to go one bigger or better next time. I hope that we let Ruby take pleasure from more simple things in life too.

What do people mean by spoilt though? If someone said a kid was spoilt, I would take it to mean the kind of kid threw a strop whenever they didn't get exactly what they wanted because they were so used to getting stuff. So no, I won't be creating children like that!

Ruby isn't spolit, we do nice things together that have no conditions attached as regards to her behaviour, but we rarely do or give her big expensive things. She enjoys it all the more from what I can see, when we do do something special and expensive because she is not used to it. I think if you do or give too much to your children all the time you risk being left having to go one bigger or better next time. I hope that we let Ruby take pleasure from more simple things in life too.

I dunno. I say Summer's spoiled and by that I don't mean she would throw tantrums to get stuff. I would say she's spoiled because she is always getting new things like books, dolls and clothes without there being any real immediate 'need' for them. I can honestly say that 95% of the time in a shop I will buy Summer something just because I want to. I would say that's my definition of spoilt.

If she was throwing tantrums for it she'd be a ''spoiled brat''. Atm obviously she's too young to really ask for something but when we're at the stage where she can ask it won't be a case of getting whatever she wants all the time. A new book in with the weekly shop isn't a problem. A nintendo ds just for the hell of it would be iykwim?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->