Are you kids contagious? Did you watch?

Laura2919

Team Twilight!!
Reaction score
Only 59% of parents said it was irresponsible to not vaccinate your children.

My girls had the MMR with no side effects and it wasn't even an option to not vaccinate.

There was a mum on there that lost her daughter to whooping cough.. :cry: so sad.

This is not a post for an argument or a massive discussion!!

Il get all the vaccinations for our LO's and wouldnt think of not. OH is the same. I wouldnt want to risk them catching anything they could possibly die from :cry: I was almost in tears at the lady whos daughter died from whooping cough. I thought that most of the fears about vaccinations being bad for children has been disproved:shrug:

Jacob's had all his, thankfully. I do think its very irresponsible not to.

She was only 5 weeks old.. Must be heartbreaking

I saw this. I think as a parent it's really irresponsible to nit vaccinate. I think kids should gave to have them before they can go to nursery.

I think its selfish and crazy not to! Most people I have heard who dont vaccinate say "its just measles" and some actually want their children to contract it to give them "100% natural immunity", I just cant help but shake my head, thats if they dont die or are left with permanent disabilities. I am all for natural parenting and each to their own, but when someones else decision affect the health of the nation then it is my business to question their motives, which in most cases seem to be a bunch of conspiracey theories focus around the idea they are only given to kill children and make mega bucks for the vaccine companies.

I am not judging all non-vaxers with the same brush and would welcome and sensible argument and realiable research to support their views. Also respect to those who cant vaccinate due to medical reasons, but them I am sure in that case that those people really want everyone else to vaccinate, if a child cant receive one due to medical reasons then they really relay on heard immunity.

Anyway, didnt see the programme would love to though, what channel was it on?

I think its selfish and crazy not to! Most people I have heard who dont vaccinate say "its just measles" and some actually want their children to contract it to give them "100% natural immunity", I just cant help but shake my head, thats if they dont die or are left with permanent disabilities. I am all for natural parenting and each to their own, but when someones else decision affect the health of the nation then it is my business to question their motives, which in most cases seem to be a bunch of conspiracey theories focus around the idea they are only given to kill children and make mega bucks for the vaccine companies.

I am not judging all non-vaxers with the same brush and would welcome and sensible argument and realiable research to support their views. Also respect to those who cant vaccinate due to medical reasons, but them I am sure in that case that those people really want everyone else to vaccinate, if a child cant receive one due to medical reasons then they really relay on heard immunity.

It was on ITV. Should be on their Iplayer.

I didn't see the show, I think I'll have a look on catch-up later.
I have to agree with Eternal though, I don't bother reading internet scaremongering so I don't know most parents' reasons for not vaccinating, however my Mum was seriously ill with measles as a child and has a reduced immune system as a result, same with my uncle. Lucas had his MMR delayed but he had all of his vaccinations and will continue to. I do believe it's irresponsible not to.

i remember when my son was smaller it wasnt long after the whole hype of the mmr being linked to autism. i was told by doctors that this was proven wrong. finn has had all his needles, i hated taking him as he screamed but a seconds pain for a lifetimes gain is worth it. hes qiute a healthy child, gets rashes which are always viral. measles scares the life out of me. hes not even had chicken pox yet.

i can understand someparents being scared but i felt that id rather protect him from nasty infections than hope and pray that if he did catch them hed survive.

after all we get our pets injections why not our babies??

I have had all of my vaccinates and so will my children. I think it is wrong to not knowing how sick the child could get. And the whooping cough thing, parents need to make sure that they and those you are around the child have had the vaccinate because you could give it to the child without even know it. I heard that babies don't get the whooping cough vaccinates until they are 6 weeks old. But I am guessing that it depends on where you live.

I have had all of my vaccinates and so will my children. I think it is wrong to not knowing how sick the child could get. And the whooping cough thing, parents need to make sure that they and those you are around the child have had the vaccinate because you could give it to the child without even know it. I heard that babies don't get the whooping cough vaccinates until they are 6 weeks old. But I am guessing that it depends on where you live.

I'm not sure when they get it but she was saying that if most people vaccinated her daughter most probably wouldn't have caught it.

Only 59% of parents said it was irresponsible to not vaccinate your children.

My girls had the MMR with no side effects and it wasn't even an option to not vaccinate.

There was a mum on there that lost her daughter to whooping cough.. :cry: so sad.

This is not a post for an argument or a massive discussion!!

if you look at the chances of side effect of vaccines and the chance of your LO dying if they got sick most would pic the vaccine. I am surprised it was only 59%
chance of bad reaction to the meningococcal vac was 1 in a million
percent of ppl that died when they got sick from meningococcal was about 15 percent chance of loosing a limb was higher ithink 19% but i dont remember

I'm not sure when they get it but she was saying that if most people vaccinated her daughter most probably wouldn't have caught it.

herd immunity ONLY work when the whole herd gets the vaccine

I have never met a non vaxer (excluding medical reasons)that wasn't a lunatic i just dont argue because you cant reason with crazy thats why my LO has never met his cousin thats a few months older and why I dont talk to my sis anymore
also the "big pharma" vaccine profit are only 2% of what they make and thats because vaccines are often given for free or cheaply at a clinic
and they also would make more money if your kid got sick because they would be hospitalized

Well I selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule and I don't believe that I am a lunatic lol. I have weighed up all the risks of vaccination against the risks of not vaccinating and taken into account our lifestyle and come to my own conclusions. I didn't watch the programme as I didn't know that it was on, but I doubt it would have changed my mind.

Well I selectively vaccinate on a delayed schedule and I don't believe that I am a lunatic lol. I have weighed up all the risks of vaccination against the risks of not vaccinating and taken into account our lifestyle and come to my own conclusions. I didn't watch the programme as I didn't know that it was on, but I doubt it would have changed my mind.

So what have you decided that you child doesnt need?

As for delayed, I get that, I dont, but I do understand the arguement for it.

My kids get the 5:1 at 6 months and, so far that's it. As they get older I'm continually looking at whether the time is right to give them anything else. I think I'll suggest getting the MMR to them once they get to the teen years. I would advise against them getting the HPV one though.

So they havent had the MMR yet? SO they are open to measles and Rubella? And the havent had the mennigitius one?

So why the 5 in one but not the others? So you think there is less risk for mennigitus or measles? or do you think the risk of those vaccines out weigh their chances of getting those?

Well I home educate, so they're less likely to come into contact with viruses such as measles etc. whereas tetanus and diphtheria are bacterial diseases. Also with rubella and mumps, I don't think that the risks of them are all that great until puberty (please note I'm not saying there is no risk). If the measles vaccine was available separately I would probably give them that at about 5 or 6, but it's not. I realise I am risking my children catching these diseases, but I still feel that the risks of the vaccines are that little bit greater.

It's one of those tough parenting decisions that we all have to make, you and I can look at the same facts and come to different conclusions based on many different factors. All we can do is what's right for our families.

Well I home educate, so they're less likely to come into contact with viruses such as measles etc. whereas tetanus and diphtheria are bacterial diseases. Also with rubella and mumps, I don't think that the risks of them are all that great until puberty (please note I'm not saying there is no risk). If the measles vaccine was available separately I would probably give them that at about 5 or 6, but it's not. I realise I am risking my children catching these diseases, but I still feel that the risks of the vaccines are that little bit greater.

It's one of those tough parenting decisions that we all have to make, you and I can look at the same facts and come to different conclusions based on many different factors. All we can do is what's right for our families.

Your right, and experience plays a part in that, I training and worked as a nurse, and colleagues and I have seen the devastation these preventable diseases cause, esp meningitis, measles, and rubella.

I have done risk analysis too, in this instinct the risk of the unknown (if any) reactions, problems or future complications are far out weighed by the known deadly consequences, if not deadly permanent disability or at very least a very ill child which could have been prevented.

I understand your children are in less contact due to home schooling, home schooling is something that appeals to me but I don't think I have the level of patience required, anyway, that does not mean they stay at home 24/7 and dont ineract with the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->