Are you watching the Eastenders storyline?

hayley x

1AngelSon,1EarthDaughter
Reaction score
Just curious as to how many viewers Eastenders have lost over this appalling storyline.

So please only vote if you usually watch Eastenders...

i dont watch it but its disgusting storyline, i caught the end of it tonight, really upset me seeing just 3-4 minutes

im not watching i think its discusting !!!

Sick sick sick sick. I wish I hadn't caught the end.

Nope, I'm not watching it any longer and I've just emailed offcom with a complaint. The thought of them getting great viewing figures for this makes me want to smash something up. I don't find this storyline entertaining and that's why I watch soaps, I find it insulting and incredibly insensitive. I think a lot of apologies need to be made for this one. xx

Its disgusting...........I normally watch enders but not any more

I'm an Enders fan.

I have no issue with them showing SIDs if done correctly like Hollyoaks and actually, with the cast they have they could have done it brilliantly and sensitively. However, I think the swap part is taking it too far and quite frankly an insult to those that have lost babies.

I did watch last night's as I thought the storyline started today. I haven't seen tonight's.

Also. I am VERY surprised that the FSIDS have apparently given their blessing.

I'm a big Eastenders fan!
But over all the years i have watch it i would have expected such a highly rated soap that wins awards every year - would have done this SL sensitivly and with respect to the people in real life it has affected, dissapointed that the BBC thought this was okay.
Hayley :hugs:

I voted yes as I normally watch Easties but the its appealed me it really has, I dont think i will be watching again for a very long time.

haven't voted sweetie as i don't normally watch any of the soaps tbh, however, after this i wouldn't watch it again (used to years go) and it's been turn off in our household too (my gramps is a viewer) :hugs: xxx

I always watch EE. But i cancelled my sky recording from yesterday onwards .. i wont be watching again until this storyline is over. i have emailed ofcom.

I usually watch it and I watched it last night and tonight. I think cos I really thought they might have changed it and for a moment when Roxy and Ronnie were together I thought they had but they didnt. I do hope its not going to continue on too long. Its not very realistic and I feel that it doesnt portray SIDS in a way that it should be.

How can you play happy families with someone elses baby when you know your baby, your flesh and blood is dead :shrug: I couldnt stand being with a baby that wasnt mine for any period of time.

thanks for voting, not as many people stopped watching it as I thought would tbh :( x

She did 'realise' what she did and she went to take Tommy back but by the time she had gone out the ambulance was there and Kat was pulling up.. Its all bad timing and that was really frustrating me because its just not doing what its supposed to and thats alert people to sids and the pain and suffering families feel.

DH decided to put it on (it was still recorded series linked). Initially I tried to ignore it but then watched and like Laura says it was all bad timing. Ronnie did realise but then Jack came back, it was only then when he said "Hello son" that it was too late for her, I think before then she would have swapped back.

But I do still think it's too much. And I've canceled our series link. And I now officially hate Charlie.

DH decided to put it on (it was still recorded series linked). Initially I tried to ignore it but then watched and like Laura says it was all bad timing. Ronnie did realise but then Jack came back, it was only then when he said "Hello son" that it was too late for her, I think before then she would have swapped back.

But I do still think it's too much. And I've canceled our series link. And I now officially hate Charlie.

This is his exit apparently.. Thats what annoyed me most.. Not only was it wrong for him to go 'pop' out but the fool went into the bar to drink himself stupid knowing he was supposed to be upstairs the idiot.. Its all just things that you wouldnt expect to happen but did... :shrug:
Its just hard to believe that they couldnt just play out a storyline like it was supposed to. Its heartbreaking enough without them trying to make it a unrealistic..

This is his exit apparently.. Thats what annoyed me most.. Not only was it wrong for him to go 'pop' out but the fool went into the bar to drink himself stupid knowing he was supposed to be upstairs the idiot.. Its all just things that you wouldnt expect to happen but did... :shrug:
Its just hard to believe that they couldnt just play out a storyline like it was supposed to. Its heartbreaking enough without them trying to make it a unrealistic..

Seriously?!? That's sick... Last night I defended Charlie's decision to "pop downstairs" partly because my DH is in the pub industry and once he gets his own pub I can imagine we'll be in a similar situation but I didn't realise he was leaving him to go drinking?!?! Then there are other things like all the pubs DH has worked at, the private quarters are definitely that, they require a code or key to get into, you can't sneak in. That's me going off but I feel sick that last night I basically stated it's no different to leaving your baby in his cot/basket upstairs while you are downstairs. Actually, it is. It makes me so angry, Enders are usually really good at playing out sensitive storylines (think Tony and Whitney) and they've totally ruined this purely for ratings. :hugs:

I will still be watching I'm afraid, but please dont for one second think that is because I agree with this story line in any way :nope: They have taken it too far!

It's obvious that Kat will blame Charlie for it, thus leading on to his departure from the soap. I don't know how they plan to run this story but I really hope they dont drag it out. It's disgusting. And Hayley you are totally right and i'm sending you hugs :hugs::hugs:

We usually watch EE, but we are boycotting it for the foreseeable future, until the storyline finishes and/or an apology is made. They are saying they have researched fully, but I can't see how this can be true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->