Are you watching the Eastenders storyline?

I usually watch it and I watched it last night and tonight. I think cos I really thought they might have changed it and for a moment when Roxy and Ronnie were together I thought they had but they didnt. I do hope its not going to continue on too long. Its not very realistic and I feel that it doesnt portray SIDS in a way that it should be.

I was willing them to have changed it and thought they had when Ronnie wouldn't let Roxy see him. I think that would have been the best route for them after the reaction before it even aired.

Like a few of the other girls,I thought they had dropped the storyline when Ronnie went back to the flat and was talking to the baby.
They have handled it all wrong,as you will now get the silly people who don't realise its acting(the sort who would smack charlie brooks for how her character is) think that all mums who lose babies react like this :( xx

As soon as I am on my laptop I will be emailing ofcom.
I think its a bloody INSULT to go ahead with thsi baby swap storyline.

I hoped they would show a storyline like this (SIDS) with respect, because I know SIDS does happen, God I wish it didn't but it does.

I typed out a massive rant here, but deleted, didn't wana drag the thread down.
Hayley, :hugs:

I think what annoys me most is that the FSIDs have allegedly given the storyline their blessing. Surely they could see how it could have potentially raised awareness and instead resulted in it being about Ronnie?

im still watching it, although i dont agree with the story line. i was atually quite suprised, i didnt think they would have handled it as sensitive as they did. again im not agreeing with it, i was just expecting much worse.

No interest in it now, its wrong. DH refuses to watch it to.

I do wonder what they have changed though. In todays News Of The World it talks of the character Charlie leaving, and Kat telling him she hates him for bring drunk during the swap. So, does this mean Kat finds out sooner than we expected?

I hate the idea of it being dragged out for 2 years

They just removed a couple of scenes. Apparently during the test screening they showed a shot of James dead. And they toned down the cries of Kat's baby. They also originally showed the blood soaked bed when Kat was hameoraging.

I hate the way it feels like the swap part was written a) for more tragedy for Ronnie and b) to assist in Charlie's exit. It just feels so wrong.

Nope not watching it here. Can't remember when I last missed an episode either. Have asked my mum to fill me in on the other storylines tho cause I need to know those x

It wouldnt have been that bad to see a bloodied bed, how can they think its wrong to show that but not wrong to do the swap storyline? :shrug:

I normally watch it but I knew this SL was coming and decided to avoid it.
EE are doing it for shock television, they want to win the ratings war. It's rediculous. Adding the baby swap IMO is in bad taste. I think they should be very ashamed of themselves.

I'm still watching. I don't agree with the storyline but would like to see how they now "make it right" from where they have gone so so wrong.
I wasn't bothered when I Ronnie found her baby dead because I knew what was going to happen so was more angry than anything. But was in tears when Kat found "her" dead baby.

i normally watch but havent been it think its wrong they are doing the SL

seems that they may have given in to the complaints,kind of...as I posted on another thread I had seen they were planning a 2 year storyline...now I have just seen that it all comes out in 6 weeks time,when the results of the post mortem come back.x

seems that they may have given in to the complaints,kind of...as I posted on another thread I had seen they were planning a 2 year storyline...now I have just seen that it all comes out in 6 weeks time,when the results of the post mortem come back.x

I dont believe it was gonna be a 2 year storyline. Nothing is soap is worth watching if it continues over 2 years it would just get boring. I think its ridiculous that they would even think about it.

Hopefully it ends tomorrow. But I doubt it.

I dont believe it was gonna be a 2 year storyline. Nothing is soap is worth watching if it continues over 2 years it would just get boring. I think its ridiculous that they would even think about it.

Hopefully it ends tomorrow. But I doubt it.

After this storyline,obviously Eastenders consider anything fair game...xx

I've been on the soap forums and have heard that Ronnie goes to watch the funeral and realises she has to give the baby back, so she takes him back to Kat. I think because of all the complaints they're cutting it really short.

Now, I love watching Eastenders and out of curiosity have been watching this storyline but I think the way it's all been portrayed is completely insensitive. I felt very uneasy watching it all unfold.. I think alot of unneccessary drama was added to it and took away from the message of SIDs. I am really shocked FSIDS approved it :/ The writers have really f-ed up with this and lost alot of viewers and so they should. It's not good viewing at all.

I'm not watching with this storyline. I just don't see how it's entertaining :shrug:
Definitely not worth a watch imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->