Are you watching the Eastenders storyline?

I am still watching it, doesnt mean I agree with it.

I dont think its entertaining anyone :shrug: I think people are watching to see what they do with the storyline seen as there has been lots of speculation

I don't think it's a sick storyline. I think it is taking a very sad situation and raising awareness with EE being such a hugely watched programme. However I don't think they needed to take it as far as baby swapping. The SIDS storyline has been done before, in Hollyoaks at least. But it wasn't as far fetched as this one

It won't be two years, the reveal has already been filmed.

See, HO did the baby Grace storyline and I think they did a brilliant job, it was done sensitivily (spelling?!). This EE one isn't at all :nope:.

seems that they may have given in to the complaints,kind of...as I posted on another thread I had seen they were planning a 2 year storyline...now I have just seen that it all comes out in 6 weeks time,when the results of the post mortem come back.x

I heard two years as well, am pleased it's been cut short.

Although I don't think they've gone about it in the right way, I was surprise by how well they handled it.
When I read about the storyline, I was disgusted and thought they were making a mockery of the situation but as you watched it you saw Ronnie's emotions.. there were lots of things that annoyed me about it though!
But Ronnie was obviously desperate to find someone initially, and didn't know which way to run, then she heard a baby cry and cracked, it wasn't until she got back she realised what she'd done and she WAS heading back with the baby until the ambulance/Jack turned up.
Grief makes people do crazy things and no 2 people handle it the same, so I'm not sure howpeople could say that wouldn't happen, or you wouldn't do that.
I don't think Eastenders should have taken this route as it obviously upsets a lot of people, but at the end of the day it is up to you if you watch/don't/boycot the show.. but the way they have done it, as shocking as it was, does actually "work".
It's kind of like the adverts that use shock tactics IMO, nobody wants to see it, it sickens people but it gets the message across and works.
There ARE baby snatchers,grief is a horrible, destroying thing, and of course SIDS is tragic and no one should have to suffer it, but these things DO happen :(

what do they get back from the Post Mortem then to raise speculation? 6 weeks is quick to get post mortem results! x

I just read that Eastenders also did a SIDS story in 1985!!

Emmerdale did it very well imo, although theirs turned out to be a swap story too but in a respectable way, unlike EE!!

what do they get back from the Post Mortem then to raise speculation? 6 weeks is quick to get post mortem results! x

I read that ronnie's new born had a club foot so a HV discovers "Ronnie's" baby doesn't have one no more yet "Kat's baby" has a post mortem and has a club foot all of a sudden!

x

ahh right I see, thanks, that definately will be picked up in PM as there isnt a single thing they dont look at!

im still watching it but cautiously, i think more to see how the rest of this unfolds. i agree with most that the baby swapping is just a step too far :nope:

there are loads of things flying around but i heard it is/was going to last a year and come out next christmas? :shrug: but someone else said its only 6 weeks, thank god. Id guess that if it was meant to be longer theyve shortened it because of all the uproar about it.

https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/...a294871/ronnie-fears-she-could-be-caught.html

Spoiler. tuesday 4th Jan.

Nope, not watching it at the moment and won't be until this particular storyline is finished.

I always have watched- dont watch any other soap.
fridays episode made me cry.
yet saturdays (nyd) episode I was just watching with jaw on the floor.

they're dragging it out for 6 weeks?? :shock: I honestly thought that seeing as Ronnie has realised what she has actually done she wouldnt be able to let the ambulance leave. I personally think the swap should be 'revealed' before the end of the week...but then I don't produce award winning soaps so i'm sure they think they are doing the right thing somehoe :dohh:

It says on DS that Ronnie tries to breastfeed the baby but can't bring herself to,and she bonds with the baby I think it was next week.xx

I'm watching it too to see how it pans out, don't agree that they should have combined the SIDS and snatch tho

I've read elsewhere that FSID have said that yes they assisted with the SL but only in so far as Kat and Alfie's reactions to finding 'their' baby had passed away and that they had nothing to do with the snatch bit

Someone posted on the Facebook group that it all comes to light on the 15th of Jan x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->