Arizona??

I also live in North Phoenix, I've lived here for nearly 3 years. DH & I are TTC #1.

Good luck! If you ever want to chat feel free to message me.

Looks like lots of people are from the Phoenix area.

I'm up on the river in Lake Havasu :hi: Currently 12wks with our first little munchkin! DH was born and raised here but I came from California...like the rest of the town:haha:

Hi all

Im from the UK but currently living in Ireland, my partner and I are looking to move to Arizona next year with his job and I wondered if anyone could tell me more about the place.
Im 16 weeks pregnant, have a 14 month old son and also have 4 dogs.

Areas we are looking at are Chandler or Gilbert.
Any area reviews would be great, are there lots to do with babies and dogs?
Worried about being out there and knowing no one.

Any replies greatly appreciated

Lisa

I was born and raised in Chandler/Gilbert and I absolutely love it. For me, nothing compares to it! There is a lot of places to go out and eat, and lots of family oriented places as well. As far as dogs, there are quite a few parks, and a dog park that I know of not far from Chandler. My family still lives there so I frequent on the weekends, and by Sunday I never want to return home! :]

Chandler/Gilbert is a great family area. Not too expensive and everything you need is close by!

Thank you for the replies, good to hear reviews from people who live there rather than just reading websites.
Its a huge move for us so want to know as much as possible before we make the move.

I am in Tucson (hubby is stationed here) and I have a 7 month old!

I am a daycare provider with openings so anyone expecting or needing child care in this area PM me for more info :D

whats the going rate for childcare in the US in general..for a creche/kindergarden?

I charge lower than most people/places I think (A lot of people ask for $10-$12 per hour). I make anywhere from $800-$1100/month (that's for watching 2 children) depending on what other services I offer... $1100/month for nannying (childcare, meals, cleaning, laundry, etc) and $800 for just general childcare (I also do light cleaning time permitting)

:D

Hi all

Im from the UK but currently living in Ireland, my partner and I are looking to move to Arizona next year with his job and I wondered if anyone could tell me more about the place.
Im 16 weeks pregnant, have a 14 month old son and also have 4 dogs.

Areas we are looking at are Chandler or Gilbert.
Any area reviews would be great, are there lots to do with babies and dogs?
Worried about being out there and knowing no one.

Any replies greatly appreciated

Lisa

Big move! I'm from the north of Scotland and Arizona is quite the change. Its very very hot during the summer, I was seriously unprepared for that lol but we did a year in San Diego so slightly less of an adjustment than straight from UK lol. Its brilliant for kids around here though and I have 4, lots of things to do. Will you be giving birth here? The hospital I had dd was awesome. We're Scottsdale so pretty close to Chandler/Gilbert, we have friends in Gilbert with 4 kids too and they love it. Feel free to pm me:flower:

I currently live in Glendale but moving to Phoenix. First time mom I'm 10 weeks due June 3.

Hey mangoz. What part of phoenix? Im in north phoenix right now.

Hi ladies! Just wanted to report that I had my beautiful baby boy Connor Maxwell on 10-3-11 at 2:38 am, 7lb 6 oz, 20 inches. He was born at Good Samaritan, and we had a great experience there!

Hi ladies! Just wanted to report that I had my beautiful baby boy Connor Maxwell on 10-3-11 at 2:38 am, 7lb 6 oz, 20 inches. He was born at Good Samaritan, and we had a great experience there!

Congradulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! I wish everyone a healthy precious baby.

Mrs AJ congrats! Sounds like a healthy one! I had may little guy on oct 26th, 8 weeks early.

Mangoz, yes Im very familiar with that area. Not very far from me.

Nichole, I hope little Dimitri is doing well! Has he been able to come home yet? Connor was 3 weeks early - so full term, but a little early.

He's still there. It's been 2 weeks as of today, but if he continues doing as well as he has been for the next 2 days, he could come home Saturday!

Glad he's doing well, hope he gets to come home this weekend! What hospital is he at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->