Arkansas??

bubblegum07

1 M/C- TTC=2 yrs.
Reaction score
Anyone here from Arkansas! Wanna share some Hog Spirit!! :)

My sister used to live in Arkansas :D but is now in Texas (where I'm originally from). :hi: Welcome to the forum

I know this is an old thread, but I just found it. I am in England, Arkansas. Anyone near here?

Looks like an old thread but I'm new here. I am right outside of Jacksonville...Gravel Ridge/Little Rock Air Force Base area.

Looks like an old thread but I'm new here. I am right outside of Jacksonville...Gravel Ridge/Little Rock Air Force Base area.

Hi! I live right on the base! :)

OMG! Really? We used to live on base but before my DH deployed in 09 we moved off. Trying to decide now if we want to move back on. Gotta wait to see what is gonna happen with the new houses getting fixed after the tornado. What does your dh do? Mine is Security Forces K-9. He is the kennelmaster (boss). We have been stationed here since 1997. My 2 youngest boys are enrolled at Arnold Drive Elementary. Nice to meet you!

We live RIGHT across the street from the school, lol!

My dh is actually in the Army (though I'm an AF reservist). He is an AMEDD (medical professional) recruiter and his office is downtown!

I Love living on base. John (dh) says it's expensive because they take all his bah, but I say it's worth it because I'm safe and everything I need is here. He's gone fairly often so I'd much rather be here!

You've been here since 1997!!! That is incredible! How on earth have you managed that? Though it does seem people stay here longer than normal. It's certainly not the worst place to be!!!

We live RIGHT across the street from the school, lol!

My dh is actually in the Army (though I'm an AF reservist). He is an AMEDD (medical professional) recruiter and his office is downtown!

I Love living on base. John (dh) says it's expensive because they take all his bah, but I say it's worth it because I'm safe and everything I need is here. He's gone fairly often so I'd much rather be here!

You've been here since 1997!!! That is incredible! How on earth have you managed that? Though it does seem people stay here longer than normal. It's certainly not the worst place to be!!!
It has been ages! We had the chance to leave here when dh got back from Korea but decided to stay as we both have family close. We used to live over on Mississippi before they tore down the houses and built the new ones. It is kind of expensive especially if you live in just a renovated house. Our BAH is pretty good and we live off base so we pocket ALOT...that is one factor in moving on base...I HAVE to get the house that I want...I'm picky! lol I can't believe you live across the street from the school..I am there alot! Plus I know so many people that live on those first couple of streets! Small world!!

Yep, we live on Mississippi now! Lol Too funny. And yeah, we live RIGHT across from it. There's a path across the street from out house (because there's an open lot there) that goes to the road so lots of people even park across from us and walk to drop off/pick up their kiddos.

LOL, what house do you want??

So you guys have the last house before the open lot? The one that backs up to the road? If so that is the same exact house (old house that was torn down) that we lived in. I don't have a particular house in mind so to speak only that it is 4 bedroom, garage, fenced backyard and either your area or old officer housing near the back gate. I won't settle for anything else...I'm kinda picky lol

Oh wait...I read that again...You live on the other side of Mississippi...not the one that backs up to the road? I think that is the same side of the street that the Piazza's live on...Do you know them? They have 3 kids..2 girls and a boy..all school age?

So you guys have the last house before the open lot? The one that backs up to the road? If so that is the same exact house (old house that was torn down) that we lived in. I don't have a particular house in mind so to speak only that it is 4 bedroom, garage, fenced backyard and either your area or old officer housing near the back gate. I won't settle for anything else...I'm kinda picky lol

Lol. I don't blame you. I like our area, it's really nice!! And, you got it in your second reply. We aren't on the road side of the street. My front door faces the school/street. I think we have the smallest backyard of everyone. It's not fenced on one side. The back has a fence because it's up against the big middle field. Then one side has a fence because it's a duplex. The other doesn't, but it's literally only about a 4 ft space so it wouldn't cost much. But we have plans to put up a tent thing so we don't need it!

I don't know them, but we don't know many people yet. John's sister and her husband live around the corner from us and his cousin lives a few blocks away. Since he doesn't work on base it's harder to meet people! Plus...I'm shy. Lol.

Do any of them have children? School age? I ask because I used to volunteer at the school 5 days a week up until a month or two ago and was the PTO V.P. so I might know them. That's cool that you guys have family close by. I don't socialize much. I am not shy just super antisocial when it comes to adults. lol

Do any of them have children? School age? I ask because I used to volunteer at the school 5 days a week up until a month or two ago and was the PTO V.P. so I might know them. That's cool that you guys have family close by. I don't socialize much. I am not shy just super antisocial when it comes to adults. lol

My sister in law has 2 kiddos but they don't go to school on base. Her husbands grandmother teaches at a school somewhere off base so they go there. My cousin also has a little one, but she just turned 2!

I don't either. Lol. I'm shy, but my husband would say antisocial. LOL I'm actually having a jewelry party tomorrow (my s-i-l is a Stella & Dot stylist) and I think there will be about 4 people there (including me!!) because I really don't know many people here and out of those I do, 2 are deployed, 1 is a resident, etc etc. You're welcome to come. You don't have to buy anything, LOL. But there will be food and chatter. Hubby and kiddos can even come...I think the boys will be outside with the kids so the girls can have some girl time. You can even bring a friend if you don't want to come "alone"? :) We're (hubby and I) trying to meet more people here!! (Am I a weirdo for inviting a stranger to my house? Meh. :shrug: )

My sister in law has 2 kiddos but they don't go to school on base. Her husbands grandmother teaches at a school somewhere off base so they go there. My cousin also has a little one, but she just turned 2!

I don't either. Lol. I'm shy, but my husband would say antisocial. LOL I'm actually having a jewelry party tomorrow (my s-i-l is a Stella & Dot stylist) and I think there will be about 4 people there (including me!!) because I really don't know many people here and out of those I do, 2 are deployed, 1 is a resident, etc etc. You're welcome to come. You don't have to buy anything, LOL. But there will be food and chatter. Hubby and kiddos can even come...I think the boys will be outside with the kids so the girls can have some girl time. You can even bring a friend if you don't want to come "alone"? :) We're (hubby and I) trying to meet more people here!! (Am I a weirdo for inviting a stranger to my house? Meh. :shrug: )

LOL I don't think that you are a weirdo! That's how you get to know people! What time is it going to be? I might could come. Tomorrow is the last day of school so I will be up there most of the day but when hubby gets off work I probably could. Trust me when i say this...My kids are "rowdy"...lol So more than likely they would stay home with their daddy. lol But yeah if you wanna PM me your info like what time the party is and your address then I will see if hubby can watch them after work. Thanks for the invite! Sounds like fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->