Arkansas??

Do any of them have children? School age? I ask because I used to volunteer at the school 5 days a week up until a month or two ago and was the PTO V.P. so I might know them. That's cool that you guys have family close by. I don't socialize much. I am not shy just super antisocial when it comes to adults. lol

My sister in law has 2 kiddos but they don't go to school on base. Her husbands grandmother teaches at a school somewhere off base so they go there. My cousin also has a little one, but she just turned 2!

I don't either. Lol. I'm shy, but my husband would say antisocial. LOL I'm actually having a jewelry party tomorrow (my s-i-l is a Stella & Dot stylist) and I think there will be about 4 people there (including me!!) because I really don't know many people here and out of those I do, 2 are deployed, 1 is a resident, etc etc. You're welcome to come. You don't have to buy anything, LOL. But there will be food and chatter. Hubby and kiddos can even come...I think the boys will be outside with the kids so the girls can have some girl time. You can even bring a friend if you don't want to come "alone"? :) We're (hubby and I) trying to meet more people here!! (Am I a weirdo for inviting a stranger to my house? Meh. :shrug: )

LOL I don't think that you are a weirdo! That's how you get to know people! What time is it going to be? I might could come. Tomorrow is the last day of school so I will be up there most of the day but when hubby gets off work I probably could. Trust me when i say this...My kids are "rowdy"...lol So more than likely they would stay home with their daddy. lol But yeah if you wanna PM me your info like what time the party is and your address then I will see if hubby can watch them after work. Thanks for the invite! Sounds like fun!

Lol, okay good! :) It's at 630. Hahaha, I imagine as boys, they would be! I'll pm you now!

An old thread, but I'll go ahead and post. Hubby, LO and I will be moving back to Arkansas in a few months and we'll need to meet new people and it would be great for LO to make new friends. We'll be in the Lonoke area at first. :flower:

An old thread, but I'll go ahead and post. Hubby, LO and I will be moving back to Arkansas in a few months and we'll need to meet new people and it would be great for LO to make new friends. We'll be in the Lonoke area at first. :flower:

Where's that?? I'm not from here so I don't know where anything is other than pretty much Jacksonville, Little Rock, and the surrounding areas!

Lonoke's east of Jacksonville, with Furlow in between. Small town, but it's rather nice.

Lonoke is in Lonoke county he he its the county seat. I am in Conway, faulkner county 30 minutes from LR. Originally from NE AR.

Sometimes I feel like there aren't many of us in AR until go to LR clinic :cry: hope I meet others here :hugs:

Yeah Lonoke is close to us....I am in Sherwood/Gravel Ridge...still hoping to get back on the base though...I am really starting to hate my neighborhood! :(

I have family who live in the Sherwood area and we were thinking of moving there later on, should the opportunity come and feel that it's a safe, quiet place to raise LO... what's wrong with the area? :flower:

Yeah Lonoke is close to us....I am in Sherwood/Gravel Ridge...still hoping to get back on the base though...I am really starting to hate my neighborhood! :(

:nope: Sorry hon!! I hope you can get on! Are you on a waiting list??

I have family who live in the Sherwood area and we were thinking of moving there later on, should the opportunity come and feel that it's a safe, quiet place to raise LO... what's wrong with the area? :flower:

There's nothing wrong with the area so to speak...nothing worse than any other area around here.. It's more so my house and my landlord. Plus we just really need to get back on base due to the fact that rules have changed with permits for our school district and living on base will be the only way to keep my little one in the school on base come next year. I will hate giving all of our BAH back to the military but it will be our only option.:nope:

Yes mam we are on the SNCO waiting list but with the tornado issues we are further down on the list. Once they get all of the displaced tornado victims back into their houses then we can start moving up. We are only willing to live in a specific area due to "zone" issues so it's pretty much your area or nothing.

Yes mam we are on the SNCO waiting list but with the tornado issues we are further down on the list. Once they get all of the displaced tornado victims back into their houses then we can start moving up. We are only willing to live in a specific area due to "zone" issues so it's pretty much your area or nothing.

Oooh, yeah it is SNCO when you get off the loop, isn't it? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!! What a pain!!

I just wanted to say I'm glad there are others on here. I love being in central arkansas versus northeast. :happydance: hope all of you get what you want :happydance: I couldn't imagine being pregnant and trying to move LOL :coffee:

I live in Arkansas, born and raised!! GO HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Just to update...we finally got a house on the AF base. Moved in a few day before Halloween. I adore having the lake right outside my back door. How is everyone doing? I am currently 26 weeks and feeling great!:hugs:

Hello ladies! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! Just to update...we finally got a house on the AF base. Moved in a few day before Halloween. I adore having the lake right outside my back door. How is everyone doing? I am currently 26 weeks and feeling great!:hugs:

Oooh, John would be so jealous!

It is so lovely. We have never been happier in a house! Sounds weird though; it being a base house and not being a newer house but it is fabulous!

It is so lovely. We have never been happier in a house! Sounds weird though; it being a base house and not being a newer house but it is fabulous!

Doesn't sound weird! When we first got here that was officer housing (I'm guessing you're around Alabama Dr??) and we had a house on that road with a big fenced in backyard and then the lake!! We were kicked out when they changed things up and the new houses were ready, lol. I LOVE our new house, but that one was really nice and we loved having the lake right there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->