Arthritis, anyone?

xsophiexleax

Reaction score
I'm 18 and got diagnosed with arthritis a year ago, which was a lot to take in if I'm honest.
One of the things that's worrying me the most about getting pregnant is if it's gonna be really painful.. and then when my baby comes along is it gonna really hurt to be picking them up all the time?

If anyone has any experience and would like to share I'd be really grateful :D I'm on naproxen at the moment

Hey. I am 27 but have had joint pain from a very young age and was finally diagnosed with osteoarthritis a few years ago. I am currently pregnant so can't really give you a lot of insight, I tried to lose a lot of weight beforehand but it didn't work enough. I am having hip pain so far and I am only 12 weeks, try and rest but also stay active if that makes sense. i am going to start swimming as that helps my joints anyway. The worst part is you can't really take anything but paracetamol in pregnancy.
I know the feeling of being diagnosed so young, is it just arthritis or do you have a condition which brings arthritis with it?

Take Care

XX

Nah just arthritis thankfully.
I'm not pregnant and won't be trying for a few years (wtt) but I've just been thinking about it a lot lately :S I really want to enjoy my pregnancy when the time comes but I think it'll be ruined because I'll be in pain all the time :(
Thank you so much for replying I'd just about given up on this thread haha. Congrats on the pregnancy, h&h 9 months :D x

Thought I would give you a little update. I am now 28 weeks pregnant and so far have coped really well. I think everyone is amazed. the one thing I will say is that you have to listen to your body. I am struggling a bit more now, although my bump is still fairly small which might be helping, baby is fine and is growing perfectly. It's a little boy!! My hips and knees are getting achy but I expected this to happen earlier so not so bad. Have been taking it easy and resting a lot, had many relaxing baths and early nights. But I think as long as you take it easy and take care of yourself and don't push it then you will be fine. Just because we have arthritis there is no reason we shouldn't be able to have a baby but obviously we need to be ore careful than others. I am dreading the birth a bit at the moment as my hips don't really like to be opened too much so I will have to let you know how that goes and then the dealing with a baby!! Feel free to msg me XX

Hi have RA in my hips and did struggle through my last few weeks of pregnancy due to having SPD aswell.Just make sure your Midwife etc know about your condition.Yes it can be tough but worth every minute!!I do struggle carrying and lifting as its all in my hips but you do almost get used to it and know your limits.Pm me if you have Qs!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->