• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ask a Mum who uses CLOTH NAPPIES / DIAPERS [28/6 - 5/7]

lol, i think I may need to at this rate...didnt realise I bought that much:dohh:

Was left some money by a sadly departed auntie a few weeks ago, so why not spend it on Leo.

:rofl: Jacqui! You put my feeble collection to shame, I may have to go buy some more....

I want to check out the goodmamas now too. I did wonder if it might be worth it for a few UK mums to club together for those and split the shipping cost, but actually it probably works out more expensive to then distribute them to different parts of the UK once they all get here :dohh:

I am so glad this thread has inspired others to try cloth :happydance:

Im really excited about the whole thing!
Shifter I absolutely adore your avatar, little Jack looks sooooo cute I could eat him all up!

OMG Jacquai, I thought I was bad at shopping. You'll have enough to wash once a week :rofl:

sorry if this has been asked before...

but where do u store the dirty ones? like before you wash them? Wouldnt they stink?!?

Do u handwash them..? what about the poos?

Thanks Jacqui :cloud9: I love my little monkey and that photo is my absolute favourite! I got lucky with the light, it wasn't posed or anything, so I can't claim too much credit lol!

Thanks Jacqui :cloud9: I love my little monkey and that photo is my absolute favourite! I got lucky with the light, it wasn't posed or anything, so I can't claim too much credit lol!

Its gorgeous, its the way his his little head is tipped towards the light, and his little nose...awwwwwwwwwwwwww:cloud9:

OMG Jacqui....I hope your OH doesn't come after me lol. But now I will need to see pics when they arrive :) I hope you like them all!!!!

but where do u store the dirty ones? like before you wash them? Wouldnt they stink?!? I spray the solid poo into the toilet and then the diaper gets put into a pail liner...no stink :)

Do u handwash them..? what about the poos? No I never hand wash...only in the washer and dryer

I'm a dork. I didn't mean liner, I ment a cover. Do you use a cover with the Goodmama's?

Ok another couple of questions..
So you put all dirty diapers in the nappy bucket ready for the wash, do you wash them all together, like the coloured/prints and white ones? Or do you do 2 washes? How often should I do washes to prevent them staining etc?
Oh god that sounds so dumb now Ive read it back, but I might aswell ask anyway:blush:

Do you use a cover with the Goodmama's? They do require a cover but since Hayden is mobile, always up running around and playing I do not use one when at home. If he wears them out I do, or to bed. But just during the day he will run around in one and a shirt and that's it. They will only actually leak onto something if it's compressed, so a baby that is sitting alot I would still put it on unless you are watching it close. My favorite to use as covers for those are fleece pants/shorts/soakers though instead of PUL covers but sometimes I use those as well

Ok another couple of questions..
So you put all dirty diapers in the nappy bucket ready for the wash, do you wash them all together, like the coloured/prints and white ones? Or do you do 2 washes? Yep I wash them all together, all wipes, liners, diapers, inserts...all of it together. I've never had any colors bleed onto others or anything. Most diaper makes do prewash fabric before making the diaper so I've never heard of anyone having an issue with that.

How often should I do washes to prevent them staining etc? Even though I have enough diapers to go a 2wks without washing lol I wash every 3-4days max

My bright red Blueberry did turn a few white inserts ever so slightly pinkish, so since then it's been washed with our dark clothes. If it's been pooed on then it gets a good hose down first lol!

What detergent do you use?

We use Ecover, which is one of the few detergents you don't have to use half measures of for washing nappies. Also, we don't use fabric softener as I read this can make the nappies less absorbent over time. Do you follow the same guidelines?

We use a few different detergents. For awhile I used Purex free and clear but then they changed it to the 3x concentrated stuff and I no longer liked it. So I got some stuff from a work at home mom...Simply Clean and used that for months but then started noticing build up so we stopped that. Right now I've tried out a few things...Mountain Green, Charlies, Gain, All free and clear and also Tide free and clear. I'm using mostly the All right now occasionally Gain because it smells so good but I don't want to cause build up so I only use it once in awhile. Once my All is gone I think I'm going to go back to Mountain Green.

As for fabric softener Ecover makes one that is considered ok for diapers, just as long as you don't use it every wash. We do it about every 3rd wash, I love it, smells so good and makes them really soft. I've done this for atleast a good8mo? And have had no build up at all, no problems from it. I'm also going to try the Ecover detergent see how we like that

Do you use a cover with the Goodmama's? They do require a cover but since Hayden is mobile, always up running around and playing I do not use one when at home. If he wears them out I do, or to bed. But just during the day he will run around in one and a shirt and that's it. They will only actually leak onto something if it's compressed, so a baby that is sitting alot I would still put it on unless you are watching it close. My favorite to use as covers for those are fleece pants/shorts/soakers though instead of PUL covers but sometimes I use those as well

Ok cool. Brenn's mobile as well, so I could skip the cover. It is hard enough just getting him into a diaper sometimes, much less putting a cover on as well. Talk about a wiggle worm. haha

I put Brenn in a cloth last night for the first time with a liner. It didn't leak at all. I am so happy. I have been using disposables at night, since Brenn has enough trouble sleeping, I didn't want to deal with a leaking diaper as well. But since last night worked so well I am planning switch over and just keeping disposables for when we head out of the house, as I don't like dealing with cloth while out, and trips. woo hoo for cloth.

If goodmama make those gorgeous nappies in a variety of colours/prints why do they do that if you need a cover?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->