• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ask a Mum who uses CLOTH NAPPIES / DIAPERS [28/6 - 5/7]

Lol well she only does fitteds..and a few prefolds...but nothing with PUL, so no pockets/aio. I think it's because she wants to use more natural fibers...like her bamboo is organic. Fitteds breathe better too. So I think she just prefers that type of diaper. But really even without the cover they are great...when they pee it doesn't go straight through, the fabric is really absorbent so it soaks it in and kind of disperses it in the fabric, so it's not this tiny spot that's wet and it go right through and drip or anything like that. Hayden can wear his for awhile and I'll occasionally just touch the front of the diaper and when it feels damp I change him. It helps to be sure he's being changed often enough too.

Good luck Samantha with the nights!!! I'm glad he did well in them last night! Which diaper did you use overnight?

I actually like doing cloth while out...maybe it's because so many people have noticed and said how cute his diapers are :blush:

I see thankyou. Leo is only 2 and a half months so will probably need a cover with those then. Which covers will fit them and have you ever come across a clear cover, so you can see through it?

I have been using cloth diapers since Alice was about 2 weeks old. I started out with a bunch of prefolds and thirsties wraps and a few fitteds. Since then I have gotten 5 BG pockets, 2 happy heinys, a few bummis wraps and a couple more fitteds.

I have just decided to also use cloth wipes and have found that just using water on them seems too rough on Alice's skin. What do you use on your wipes? Do you just put the wipes straight in the pail with the diapers?

Also, I find I have to change her at least once an hour or else the prefolds or fitteds are completely soaked. If I use the small liner in the pockets they leak, I already have to use 2 small ones or the long one folded and she is only 7 weeks! Is there something else I can do or is she just a heavy wetter?

Good luck Samantha with the nights!!! I'm glad he did well in them last night! Which diaper did you use overnight?

I used one of the BG AIO. The new ones have a pocket so you can add extra liners. I used just one thick one. I may try one of the thinner liners I have tonight.

Darn this thread. Now I want new diapers. I am so heading to my local green baby store. :hissy:

I see thankyou. Leo is only 2 and a half months so will probably need a cover with those then. Which covers will fit them and have you ever come across a clear cover, so you can see through it?

I really like fleece pants over them best. Do you have any already? Alot of stores have them, such as Old Navy but many others too. But if you look at the tag and it says 100% polyester then those can be used as a cover. Here are some stores that you can get them from though

Soakers
https://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=30639&vid=1761

Shorties
https://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=77362&vid=2939
https://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=20436&vid=2873
https://hyenacart.com/prod_details.php?id=89345&vid=2589

There are many more on hyena cart too :)

I have never seen a clear cover before, sorry :( But if you are feeling the diaper he could probably go coverless except at naps, in the car, bedtime things like that still. For PUL covers I like Thirsties the best though

I have been using cloth diapers since Alice was about 2 weeks old. I started out with a bunch of prefolds and thirsties wraps and a few fitteds. Since then I have gotten 5 BG pockets, 2 happy heinys, a few bummis wraps and a couple more fitteds.

I have just decided to also use cloth wipes and have found that just using water on them seems too rough on Alice's skin. What do you use on your wipes? Do you just put the wipes straight in the pail with the diapers?

Also, I find I have to change her at least once an hour or else the prefolds or fitteds are completely soaked. If I use the small liner in the pockets they leak, I already have to use 2 small ones or the long one folded and she is only 7 weeks! Is there something else I can do or is she just a heavy wetter?

I use warm water or a solution that I have that was made by a work at home mom, but she sells her stuff through a diaper forum which is also a parenting forum so I don't think I can send the link? If you are interested in it I can PM Wobbles and find out if it would be ok for me to either post it or PM it to you.

I do just put the wipes straight in the pail with the other diapers though.

She might be a heavy wetter but also at her age they pee quite a bit, and really often so it could just be that and as she gets older it would be a bit better. Prefolds I do find they need to be changed the most often though. Which fitteds do you use now? Some aren't as absorbant (especially in newborn or small sizes because there just isn't as much there) but some brands just aren't quite as good either, so it might just be trying a few different things and seeing what works out best for her. For your BG I would move up to the bigger insert, with the snap and see if that helps. The smaller one didn't work well for us, we ended up using it as just a doubler for nighttime

I used one of the BG AIO. The new ones have a pocket so you can add extra liners. I used just one thick one. I may try one of the thinner liners I have tonight.

Darn this thread. Now I want new diapers. I am so heading to my local green baby store. :hissy:

Green baby store???? I'm jealous lol

it's called Austin Baby. I have a love/hate relationship with the store. I love the concept and the products, but sooooo many times I have been in to get stuff and they are always out of stock. Its so frustrating. Austin is really big in the support your local business thing, but it's hard when they never have what I need.

it's called Austin Baby. I have a love/hate relationship with the store. I love the concept and the products, but sooooo many times I have been in to get stuff and they are always out of stock. Its so frustrating. Austin is really big in the support your local business thing, but it's hard when they never have what I need.

OMG Your in Austin TEXAS! Lol I didn't even realize until now. What kinds of products do they have? Do they have a good selection of cloth diapers?

With our bum genius pockets I have always used the folded insert. It never occurred to me that the thin one was intended for use on its own, I use that as a booster.

Thanks for the tip about Ecover fabric softener, I didn't know it was ok to use every once in a while :thumbup:

Yeah the smaller insert that comes with the BG is actually intended to be a newborn insert then used as a doubler as they get older. But just the smaller one alone doesn't work well for long...some babies not at all if they wet alot

OMG Your in Austin TEXAS! Lol I didn't even realize until now. What kinds of products do they have? Do they have a good selection of cloth diapers?

They have just about eveyrthing. Clothes, toys, books, and diapers. They also do a diaper service. But like I said they seem to always be out of stock on items I want/need. They do have a website. https://www.austinbabyonline.com/

Thanks I'll go check it out now

I just posted a bunch of pictures in that cloth bum baby thread....I had to make myself stop lol I put up too many haha. Makes me sad he's coming close to potty training time now...

For anyone interested in trying Fuzzi Bunz!!! I just got this email

One Size FuzziBunz Restocked: We have just received another shipment of One Size FuzziBunz.

One Size FuzziBunz Clearance: We still have a few of the original release One Size FuzziBunz without the hip snaps. Remaining inventory will be $13.95 each, including 2 inserts.

FuzziBunz Seconds:FuzziBunz Perfect Fit Seconds are overstocked in size Small. Get them now for $10.95 each without an insert and $12.45 with an insert.

5% off Sale: Receive 5% off your purchase through the weekend. Sale ends Sunday night, July 5th. No coupon code required. Specials are subject to expire at any time. We are unable to apply any specials or discounts to purchases that have already shipped or to layaway orders already placed.

Back in Stock: VASKA Detergent.

Free Shipping Offer: U.S. orders over $75.00 ship for free. Our packages ship insured for your peace of mind and we ship only faster methods.

Here is the website
https://www.fuzzibunzstore.com/

Can you recommend a nice little wet bag for me to take out in his change bag? I want something really funky!

Also, Im going to buy some Ecover detergent, think I saw it in Boots in town but am using Fairy non bio at the mo, the gel stuff you put in a little pot in the washer, is this ok? Obv Im only using a small amount as per washing instructions.

x

I really don't know...I've heard the ladies here mention "non bio" and all that before, but I honestly don't know what it means..ours aren't labeled as that. I thought ecover was good until I read this...though we use their fabric softener still. Here is a site that says the safe ones maybe yall carry some others

https://pinstripesandpolkadots.com/detergentchoices.htm

These are some great wetbags...she also does customs
https://www.clothdiapersuperstore.com/category_s/304.htm

Non-bio(logical) means without enzymes - it's gentler on skin but it doesnt do as well as the biological stuff on stains. When I've been in the US I've never found a washing detergent that's non bio but I look for the ones that say sensitive or marketed for babies :)

i got my nappies yesterday, can soemone tell me what these 2 are , she threw them in as freebies, im fine with the lot we ordered, fuzzi buns. (would love peoples thoughts on these) but she reckons this stripy ones would be better for night, and she only gave me the other as its cow related!

https://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r478/sea-fairy/4d%20scan/CIMG1539.jpg

https://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r478/sea-fairy/4d%20scan/CIMG1538.jpg

also on the fuzzi bunz do I need a water proof other liner?
this may have already been asked/ansered so apologies now but when out and about if I need to change baba, How do I deal with soakin nappies?

theres more I wana ask but me brains deaded!!

thanks in advance!

No the Fuzzi Bunz don't need anything but the insert the came with inside the diaper and they are ready to go :) Be sure when you take the soiled diaper off you shake out that insert so they are washed in 2 seperate pieces.

I don't recognize that particular brand but can tell it's fleece on the outside, which alot of nighttime diapers are. Is it a pocket? Or does it have the absorbant part sewn in the inside? With that fleece on the outside you don't need an extra cover for those either. It might just be trial and error seeing if they work for overnights though

do you wash only nappies together or can you wash other clothing with them? and can I mix different types of nappies together or do they very have different washing instructions?

I've brought 12 bambio mio's with 3 covers atm to use to begin with, as these seemed to have better reviews for newborns. Will I be able to use the actual nappy with other makes of covers? Looking at the fuzzi bunz these suggest you can use a mixture of inserts, not just the one supplied with the nappy.

I'm tempted by the fuzzi bunz but don't really want to buy another one size nappy, as before the baby's here it's very hard to know what size they will be born at and how long newborn/small nappies would last them. What are your experiences with one size nappies?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->