Ask a teen who was on one born every minute!

xprincessx

Mum to 5 beauties <3
Reaction score
Hi everyone

As most of you know i was on one born every minute last night (the young girl, janet) and alot of people have asked me questions about what filming and stuff like that was like and instead of hunting back through all the threads (as it would take ages!) i thought i'd make a thread and if anyone had any questions about the making of it or even the actual labour (as they left alot out!) then they could ask me here..

so ask away!! lol

oh wow, i dont have a question but loved watching it, you bf was so funny. oh i do have a question did u contact them to be on the show?

Thanks haha

Yeah, at my midwife appointment i was given a leaflet about how to contact them and i was like "no way am i gonna put myself on telly" but then i thought about it and realised it would be a really good thing to show callum when he is older. I e-mailed them and they came and did a pre-baby interview. It was all very simple x

Thanks haha

Yeah, at my midwife appointment i was given a leaflet about how to contact them and i was like "no way am i gonna put myself on telly" but then i thought about it and realised it would be a really good thing to show callum when he is older. I e-mailed them and they came and did a pre-baby interview. It was all very simple x

yeah it will be a really nice thing to show callums when hes older. The mid-wife you had in hospital was really nice wasnt she? were u next door to the lady that was screaming loads on the show?

which midwife? I had five lol and no the lady that was screaming was filmed on a competely different day to me. The lady i heard screaming while i was in labour was a different one who i dont think was filmed. I had to ask one of the film crew about this lol

What actually happened at the end of your labour, why were you taken to theatre and how was Callum delivered in the end?

oh yeah she was a lovely woman..very talkative though which i thought would be really annoying once i got in pain but no she really calmed me down...very nice lady x

What actually happened at the end of your labour, why were you taken to theatre and how was Callum delivered in the end?

I was examined at 11pm and was told i was 7cm dialated and at about 1am i had a really painful feeling like i either had to poo or push. I kept telling the midwife i had to push and because i had my waters broken she didnt want to examine me again so soon and didnt think i'd be dialated yet. So she eventually went and got a doctor (that man lol) to come and examine me.

He came in about 3:30am and found out that callum's head was descending off centre and he asked me to push so that he could try and turn callums head so he could engage properly but after i pushed his heartrate dropped. I was taken to theatre for crash c-section but they found out that he ended up too far down and got stuck where i pushed so hard.

They had to use 2 sets of forceps at the same time (one set at sides and one at front/back). So that's why he had a big bruise on his head when he was born x

oh yeah she was a lovely woman..very talkative though which i thought would be really annoying once i got in pain but no she really calmed me down...very nice lady x

Hello (feel like I'm talking to someone famous lol - bit starstruck!)

Was Barbara the first midwife you had? Did she get annoying when he kept asking your boyfriend questions about his course? Sorry if that comes across as rude!

Also, I watched the entire programme last night and thought your baby had been delivered by c-section in the end. I hadn't realised it was by forceps (my first child was forceps, 15 years ago - ouch).

I thought you coped really well. I liked your bf - he made me laugh with his dry sense of humour!

Congratulations!

I like when you said about the new baby smell- made me chuckle x

Sorry, one more question lol.

How long did the induction take in the end? I saw on the programme you went in at 12 days overdue and your ticker says he was born at 18 days overdue? How did you cope for that length of time?! The way it was edited looks like you were in labour a maybe a day and a half.

Do you regret it and would you do it again? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition!

I was examined at 11pm and was told i was 7cm dialated and at about 1am i had a really painful feeling like i either had to poo or push. I kept telling the midwife i had to push and because i had my waters broken she didnt want to examine me again so soon and didnt think i'd be dialated yet. So she eventually went and got a doctor (that man lol) to come and examine me.

He came in about 3:30am and found out that callum's head was descending off centre and he asked me to push so that he could try and turn callums head so he could engage properly but after i pushed his heartrate dropped. I was taken to theatre for crash c-section but they found out that he ended up too far down and got stuck where i pushed so hard.

They had to use 2 sets of forceps at the same time (one set at sides and one at front/back). So that's why he had a big bruise on his head when he was born x

Oh wow that sounds intense. I thought you handled yourself really well throughout the whole thing and Callum is so cute! How long were you kept in for after the delivery?

Hello (feel like I'm talking to someone famous lol - bit starstruck!)

Was Barbara the first midwife you had? Did she get annoying when he kept asking your boyfriend questions about his course? Sorry if that comes across as rude!

Also, I watched the entire programme last night and thought your baby had been delivered by c-section in the end. I hadn't realised it was by forceps (my first child was forceps, 15 years ago - ouch).

I thought you coped really well. I liked your bf - he made me laugh with his dry sense of humour!

Congratulations!

Hiya

My first midwife was called Norma (she's a midwife that does the inducing). She gave me my first pessary. Barbara was my second midwife that took over from Norma though.

It did annoy me a bit because i was "hello...girl wanting to be examined here!" lol and i really really hat his interest in history so it was a little annoying and irrelevant lol.

I agree they didnt really make it clear how he had been delivered and they did make it seem very much like he was a c-section birth. Was a bit annoyed by that actually because i was determined not to have a c-section (fear lol) and they made it look like one haha

Thankyou but i really wasnt coping. It looked that way on the outside but on the inside i had never been more scared or in more pain in my life

xxx

I like when you said about the new baby smell- made me chuckle x

haha i have absolutely no idea why i said that because i knew babies dont smell like that. i did a 2 yr course on childcare lmao i think it was nerves getting the better of me. everyone keeps mentioning that and it makes me cringe lol cant believe they included that in the programme haha

Sorry, one more question lol.

How long did the induction take in the end? I saw on the programme you went in at 12 days overdue and your ticker says he was born at 18 days overdue? How did you cope for that length of time?! The way it was edited looks like you were in labour a maybe a day and a half.

Do you regret it and would you do it again? Sorry for the Spanish Inquisition!

I went in wednesday morning at 7:30am to be induced and he was born friday morning at 4:01am so nearly 2 days but active labour was about 20 hours maybe? not quite sure because i was in pain before i was actually in established labour lol

I thought i was 12 days overdue when i went in but my dates were 4 days out and i was actually 16 days overdue. (they tell from the age of the placenta). and he was born at 18 days over.

I don't regret it at all. I'm very glad i did it but i do regret some of the things during my labour. I wish me and my OH were more loving towards each other and i wish i was more forward about what i wanted during the labour instead of just waiting for midwives permission x

Oh wow that sounds intense. I thought you handled yourself really well throughout the whole thing and Callum is so cute! How long were you kept in for after the delivery?

Thankyou. After he was born we were kept in for 5 days because i had a big bleed. It was going to be 3 days but my blood pressure was still really low x

OMG I didn't know that was you! I've got it recorded and watched the first five minutes earlier, up till you were saying how LO had two middle names. I was like ''aw she's nice and relaxed lol''

So yeah as I've not watched it yet I have nothing to ask...but I'll probs be back :) xx

I can't believe you're, you!! :rofl: You were amazing!

Did you find the cameras invasive?

hiyaa :) i posted a thread on teen parenting last night about one born every minute and got told it was you who was on it! :thumbup: just wanted to say that you handled that brilliantly!! much better than the other girl :haha:
your LO is gorgeous too btw!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->