Asmtha - What are the symptoms?

X

xxEMZxx

Liam is 1. He has had a couple of colds since he was 6 months but he seems quite wheezy and chesty a lot of the time without the other symptoms. I'm taking him doctors tomorrow but just wondering if it could be asmtha or something else?

The wheezing, shortness of breath, the doctor will notice a wheezze on his chest, cough worserns at night too x

it is very likely that it is just an upper respiritory cough that babies and toddles get, and is nothing to worry about. My lo has had an on and off cough for months and i take her to the docs but it is never in her chest just a bit flemmy. It went for a while recently but came back. Is you child at nursery, as he will get lots of little bugs etc, my daughters cough started as soon as she started nursery.

awwww aidens just the same often v raspy and he doesnt cough to clear it thanks for this xxx

Ditto! She's been at nursery since Feb and often has blocked nose particularly in the morning and sometimes I'm saying to her to cough as I can hear it in her throat but I've had her checked a few times and it's never on her chest.

I think it's meant to improve as they grow and their tubes grow too

I wouldnt put it down to athsma, they cant diagnose athsma officially apperently here until 3 but after lillys 3rd athsma attack she was confirmed athsmatic like me and now has an inhaler, she shows no symptoms accept heavy breathing like myself x

https://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Asthma/Pages/Symptoms.aspx - mite help you xxx

Nighttime coughing can be a symptom of asthma - that was one of the things my neighbor's daughter had. xx

My asthma gives me a very distinctive wheeze when I breathe out. I wouldn't worry about asthma until she's older, it's pretty difficult to diagnose in young children because they get coughs and colds so often

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->