ASPIRIN the magical cure for miscarriages??

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: not before this pregnancy

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes / 38 weeks

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? Yes

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? about 70mg; didn't take it while ttc; began taking it at 4 weeks (after BFP)

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? hoping this one will be!

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? not for baby aspirin doses

Any more treatments during pregnancy? no

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? suspected clotting issue with way regular cycles go

Hi Fides, congratulations on your pregnancy :happydance::happydance: Do you believe the aspirin did it for you this time then? What do you mean about a blood clotting in your regular cycles?

I haven't read all the pages so sorry if I am repeating someone.

Generally, women should not take aspirin during pregnancy. The doses in headache pills and the like can be harmful. You should not "self-medicate" with aspirin without a prescription.

For some women, aspirin AT A VERY LOW DOSE can be very helpful in preventing miscarriage, especially used along side heparin injections. The 75mg in a baby aspirin is a lot less than the 500mg in a headache pill and has not been shown to be harmful at all. But unless you have tested positive for a blood clotting disorder, you should avoid messing around with blood thinning drugs as it may not do you any good at all.

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: never taken it before

Pregnant now? / Weeks? 38 +4 weeks

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? i did had to stop at 36 weeks

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? started takin it from BFP 75mg, stopped at 36 weeks ready for labour

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? this preganancy

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? no

Any more treatments during pregnancy? progesterone from BFP until 12 weeks.

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? No after endless testing (after 5 miscarriages) nothing ever found.

good luck xx

Personally, I believe, as sad as it is, that whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. I don't want to be depressing, but I don't think anyone can stop a miscarriage from happening.
But no. I don't believe that aspirin will cure a miscarriage.

Hi there... you're confused as to what kind of miscarriage aspirin is meant to prevent. What you are describing is a chromosome defect, which happens at conception and neither aspirin nor anything else can prevent.

Low-dose aspirin is sometimes prescribed by RE's to prevent a completely different kind of miscarriage... for women who have clotting disorders. Clotting disorders (or even overly thick blood) cause blood flow and nutrients to be cut off, killing a perfectly healthy baby. Baby aspirin is a very simple, safe way to prevent that specific problem. In that case, when the baby is chromosomally healthy, you'd better believe that low-dose aspirin can save that baby's life!

You don't have a clotting disorder, so you shouldn't take low-dose aspirin during pregnancy. But it's irresponsible and quite wrong to make a blanket statement that aspirin won't prevent a miscarriage, because for women with clotting disorders, baby aspirin can be the life-or-death difference.

Now, as for my answers to the OP's survey:

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: Yes, for this pregnancy and two prior pregnancies... the previous two resulted in miscarriage, but that is because they had chromosome issues, nothing to do with aspirin

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes - 12w3d

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? I did, but stopped at 12 weeks on doctor's orders

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? I was taking 81mg from the beginning.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? This one, so far!

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? Only what I've heard about it possibly hindering implantation, but I've also read the exact opposite - that it helps with implantation. Also, I wouldn't take it anytime near delivery.

Any more treatments during pregnancy?
progesterone and metformin

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? hetero MTHFR

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: never taken it before

Pregnant now? / Weeks? 38 +4 weeks

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? i did had to stop at 36 weeks

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? started takin it from BFP 75mg, stopped at 36 weeks ready for labour

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? this preganancy

Any more treatments during pregnancy? progesterone from BFP until 12 weeks.

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? No after endless testing (after 5 miscarriages) nothing ever found.

good luck xx

congratulations Joey x :happydance::flower:

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: Yes

Pregnant now? / Weeks? 21 weeks

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? still taking it

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 75mg, started taking it just before conception, doctor said to stop taking it around 35 weeks.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? Pregnancy with my son nearly 3 years ago and also this pregnancy

Any more treatments during pregnancy? NO

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? No

I have to say, personally i think aspirin has worked for me because the 3 times i had a miscarraige I didnt take aspirin and the 2 times I have has resulted in having my son and my current pregnancy, it might be coincidence but who knows!! xx

Aspirin is also known to reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia.

My consultant was worried it might delay ovulation if I took it every day but it hasn't had that effect on me.

I haven't had any implantation issues, either, as my babies snuggle in very nicely.
That's just me, though.

me too - I am still faithfully taking my 75mg of aspirin a day - wish it was something else i could take everyday, :wine: i am already getting sick of this super healthy ttc lifestyle I have been leading for about 16 months now

Thought id post my answers
Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No 1st time taking it

Pregnant now? yeah 16 weeks and 3 days :D

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 75mg per day, taken from 12 weeks to 36 weeks

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? hopefully this one!

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? nope apparently there is no recorded issues and you can safely take it still if you get put on antibiotics, which i found out last week :D

Any more treatments during pregnancy? may have to go back on blood pressure tablets depending on how my blood pressure holds up, and growth scans on the baby from 27 weeks

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? had and eclamptic fit in january 2011 at 30+1 resulting in my beautiful little girl being stillborn :cry:
There's been lots of tests that say a daily small dose of aspirin can help for pre-eclampsia not to occur again so if it stops the same thing happening again then im all for it!!

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? about 70mg; didn't take it while ttc; began taking it at 4 weeks (after BFP)

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? not for baby aspirin doses

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? suspected clotting issue with way regular cycles go

Hi Fides, congratulations on your pregnancy :happydance::happydance: Do you believe the aspirin did it for you this time then? What do you mean about a blood clotting in your regular cycles?

Sorry for taking so long to respond, and thanks! Many of my regular cycles often meant passing larger-than-normal blood clots (I never knew they were larger than normal until later). As for this pregnancy, I honestly don't know if the baby aspirin doses are what has helped us reach 39 weeks b/c I only had 1 m/c, and my OB at the time wasn't going to do any testing until I'd had 2 or 3 m/c's - she just chalked up the m/c as a fluke and was like, odds are you'll have better luck next time. My current care provider has more of a mindset of, better safe than sorry, so while we don't know if the baby aspirin is helping or it's just a coincidence, she'd rather have me take it than not take it.

Sorry for taking so long to respond, and thanks! Many of my regular cycles often meant passing larger-than-normal blood clots (I never knew they were larger than normal until later). As for this pregnancy, I honestly don't know if the baby aspirin doses are what has helped us reach 39 weeks b/c I only had 1 m/c, and my OB at the time wasn't going to do any testing until I'd had 2 or 3 m/c's - she just chalked up the m/c as a fluke and was like, odds are you'll have better luck next time. My current care provider has more of a mindset of, better safe than sorry, so while we don't know if the baby aspirin is helping or it's just a coincidence, she'd rather have me take it than not take it.

Ahh I see, well it worked and that's what matters! :wohoo:

Thought id post my answers
Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No 1st time taking it

Pregnant now? yeah 16 weeks and 3 days :D

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 75mg per day, taken from 12 weeks to 36 weeks

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? hopefully this one!

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? nope apparently there is no recorded issues and you can safely take it still if you get put on antibiotics, which i found out last week :D

Any more treatments during pregnancy? may have to go back on blood pressure tablets depending on how my blood pressure holds up, and growth scans on the baby from 27 weeks

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? had and eclamptic fit in january 2011 at 30+1 resulting in my beautiful little girl being stillborn :cry:
There's been lots of tests that say a daily small dose of aspirin can help for pre-eclampsia not to occur again so if it stops the same thing happening again then im all for it!!

Hi, thanks for posting, it really sounds as though aspirin has a lot to offer some people. I am so so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine how emotionally heartbreaking that must have been. I really hope everything goes perfectly this time :flower:

I just wanted to update my answer. This pregnancy did end in miscarriage:cry:
But we didn't start aspirin until 9 weeks this time, after we saw the heartrate decrease from 109 to 90 bpm. So I think it may have been too late. My blood pressure was very strange with this last pregnancy. My normal blood pressure is on the low side, I average at about 105/70, but with this pregnancy my numbers were crazy: 137/66, 125/60, 135/66
Has anyone ever experienced anything like that???
If we decide to TTC again we'll be on aspirin from day 1, see if that helps.

Mom2mmcjg-So sorry for your loss. Hugs for you.

Hi Mom2, how are you doing? I hope you find some peace soon after all this you've been through.
I *think* aspirin can help with blood pressure but not too sure, I don't really know if bp is supposed to stay constant through pregnancy maybe set up a thread?
I don't think you should beat yourself up over when you took the aspirin though I have to keep reminding myself not to daily find something to go over in my head "If i'd have only done this / that.."
I really hope it works out next time for you, there's moer chance it will than won't.
I am ttc already! OPk-ing like a mad woman at the moment hoping to catch a good egg. I've also started eating yam, everyday, as i'm hoping for twins!! :baby: :baby: )I know I am a bit silly) x x x

Hiya Filipenko! I seem to be everywhere with you!
Ok, here are my answers:
Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No this is my first timw
Pregnant now? yes, 7 weeks

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 81mg per day, taken from 1st day of my last mc-never saw af since!

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? hopefully this will be the one although i have a lovely son and i never took aspirin with him.

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? No. I ve actually read that it might help implantation. PLus the dr told me so low doses cant do any harm!

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Not medically but will have to put in a cerclage if i make it past 12 weeks due to bicorn uterus, previous birth and 2 mc that had to end with a d&c

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Not yet. I was tested was 13 types of blood clotting disorders 8 days ago, will receive b/w results back next saturday. On a different note there is a chance that bicornuate uterus might be causing low blood supply if the baby implants in midpart.

I m really hoping this is it!!Go go baby aspirin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->