ASPIRIN the magical cure for miscarriages??

What a good idea for a thread..
I took asprin 75mg with my last pregnancy..that was the only pregnancy tomprogress past 5 weeks. Unfortunately we had to terminate at 17 weeks due to serious heart defect and downs syndrome.., she was a very sick baby.
I take aspirin daily., it has so many other health benefits., reduces stroke risk.., reduces likelihood of pre eclampsia.. Recently reported to reduce chance of developing cancers..
I have been tested for antiphospholipid and lupus anticoagulant but no other clotting disorders.. However for years I have occasionally experienced a sensation in my neck where I have felt blood flow particularly thick and it was usually accompanied by palpitations., been taking aspirin for 10 months now and haven't experienced it since... Sorry a bit long winded but my point is there are several blood clotting disorders which can affect pregnancy., I was only tested for one..
I alsohave a friend of a friend who died while pregnNt with a blood clot on her lung..rare though I know..
Sorry for random comments. Just wanting to share x

thought some of you might want to look at this link, an article this week which discusses a recent study detailing the use of asprin in preventing certain types of cancer

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...ish-scientists-proof-preventative-effect.html

Hi mandy, thanks for posting, that's all really interesting, I am drinking my 75mg aspirin every morning!

So so sorry for your loss...

Hi Girls sorry to jump in with a question but i've just been to the hospital to see a consultant as just found out i'm pregnant again [2 mc this year] and he has put me on Aspirin, he said to take 1 in the mornign and 1 in the evening [75mg] - everyone else on here I have read only takes 1 x 75mg so should I ignore him and do the 1 or do 2 as he has told me to [I'm 5 + 4]

Hi Girls sorry to jump in with a question but i've just been to the hospital to see a consultant as just found out i'm pregnant again [2 mc this year] and he has put me on Aspirin, he said to take 1 in the mornign and 1 in the evening [75mg] - everyone else on here I have read only takes 1 x 75mg so should I ignore him and do the 1 or do 2 as he has told me to [I'm 5 + 4]

I would follow the instructions. I've heard of other people being prescribed 150mg before, and it's a dose I've seen mentioned in studies too. A typical aspirin pill is 325-500mg so 150mg is definitely still considered a low dose.

Definitely go with your doctor's instructions. There are a number of women on here (myself included) who have been on 150mg per day as per consultant's instructions.

Yes follow your doctor, that dose will not do any harm anyway, wishing you all the best! x

I miscarried last year in February at 22weeks pregnant. The doctors have never found a cause as to what caused my little one's heart to stop. I am now currently taking a daily dose of aspirin as a preventative. So far so good we are doing well!!!

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No never taken it

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes/almost 26 weeks

Taking aspirin for present pregnancy? Yes

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? I take 80mg a day and started at about 9 weeks pregnant

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? N/A

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy?

Any more treatments during pregnancy? No

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? None that the doctors can find

Good luck Crazy Lady and so sorry for your 1st loss :hugs: but aspirin sounds like it's working for you!

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: Yes, I took it with my last son and he is a very healthy 8 year old.

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes/18 weeks and 3 days

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? I started at BFP at 81 mg a day.

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? Yes, my last son.

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? None, my Dr. says it can't do any harm. And since I tend to get pre-eclampsia this may help.

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Yes I took progesterone up until 14 weeks and still on intralipid IVs for high NK cells.

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? Not really, but I do tend to have thick blod whenever I am not on it. I always get comments from people drawing my blood that it is "weird". Asprin makes it flow normally when I get blood draws.

Thanks mon, I don't know if you know but I am doing the intralipid drip treatment too along with steroids 40mg, progesterone, and aspirin. I had the first drip at 11dpo and my next one will hopefully be at 8 weeks. How often do you have them? Thanks for adding to this thread x

Just to update you i've passed the 12 week mark on the aspirin - got my scan today.

Consultant has told me to stay on them until 30 weeks.

Seems to be working for me touchwood - good luck to all the ladies on it x

Thanks mon, I don't know if you know but I am doing the intralipid drip treatment too along with steroids 40mg, progesterone, and aspirin. I had the first drip at 11dpo and my next one will hopefully be at 8 weeks. How often do you have them? Thanks for adding to this thread x

No I didn't know you were doing the intralipid too! I think we are the only 2 doing that protocol.

I get mine every 4 weeks. My first one was CD 14, then every 4 weeks since. I have had 5 so far. 2 drips ago I had another NK blood tests which still showed elevated NK cells but they had gone down.

My next blood test is on Dec. 27th. If that one is still showing elevated I will get one more drip but probably no more than that according to my Dr. Basically my last drip was at 16 weeks which gets me to the 20 week mark. If I get another one at 20 weeks it would get me to the 24 week mark. My Dr. doesn't feel the need to continue giving them pass that point as the baby is viable. She says her patients rarely need it past 16 weeks.

If it were up to me I would continue to get them just in case but at $750 US a pop my savings are seriously running dry so 1 more is all I can afford at the moment.

I'm pretty sure I had it with my last son too and I never even had intralipids with him, just progesterone and aspirin and he is perfectly healthy.

Ever taken aspirin before? / outcome of pregnancy?: No, this will be my first pregnancy taking it

Pregnant now? / Weeks? Yes, 3w2d

If taking aspirin now what dose, when did you start taking it, when do you stop taking it on a BFN cycle? 81mg tablets, started yesterday, after my first BFP!

Any successful pregnancies where you took aspirin? N/A

Any bad things you know of about taking aspirin in pregnancy? none that I know of? Please inform me if you know of any!

Any more treatments during pregnancy? Yes, Progesterone Suppositories (Prometrium) daily to help w/ low Progesterone levels

Any diagnosed reason for taking aspirin? No, suspected clotting issue, not been tested

I'm paying around that too it's shocking isn't it? In £ though!

Just to update you i've passed the 12 week mark on the aspirin - got my scan today.

Consultant has told me to stay on them until 30 weeks.

Seems to be working for me touchwood - good luck to all the ladies on it x

HUGE congrats on passing the 12 week mark!! :happydance:

guess i can update too - i've had a healthy rainbow baby...

good luck to all who are pregnant after a loss - i hope each and every one of you get to hold a healthy rainbow baby at the end of all of this!

I'm not going to take it unless my doctor suggests it for any reason.

Personally, I believe, as sad as it is, that whatever is going to happen, is going to happen. I don't want to be depressing, but I don't think anyone can stop a miscarriage from happening.
After my last loss, though it was upsetting to hear, my doctor was right. He said the reason why 99% of live births are with healthy children is that nature takes care of the unhealthy ones.
As much as I would love to have had the chance to hold my daughter, she had a problem from the moment of conception, and had only a 1-2% chance of survival. If life for her was going to be a struggle, then I would prefer to have never seen her than to see her survive, but be in pain...on life support or worse. I know it's really awful, but I've tried to take a positive standpoint.
My heart goes out to everyone. And maybe I'm lucky that I know why my baby left.
But no. I don't believe that aspirin will cure a miscarriage.
And I wish you all the absolute best of luck. <3

I am taking aspirin after multiple miscarriages. Miscarriages aren't always due to issues with the developing fetus as the OP says . - she miscarried a healthy 9 weeks boy. Quite often, and certainly in my case, I have been diagnosed with AntiPhosphoLipid syndrome which is a blood clotting disorder. Aspirin and clexane thins my blood successfully enough to have a successful pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->