Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

I have been there many times. Many of my dad's friends live there and my grandmother lives in North Palm Beach. I plan on hitting the mall there many times while I am in FL[/QUOTE]

Awesome and so ironic :) Yes, the mall here is awesome! Plus we got an H&M not too long ago :)

I do have a question for you ladies. Last night I had a horrible cramp in my left ovary...it was so bad it woke me up in the middle of the night. I have been having VERY minor cramps here and there but this one was particularly bad. Is that normal?

No m/s yet but I have had a stuffy nose and cold the past week which my doctor said is due to the pregnancy and my immune system being lowered...hope that is true :)

I have been getting pains in my ovary area it's mainly on a night if I move in bed I think it's just our ovaries getting back to the right size after stimulation, and stuff stretching and moving about.

I've been bloated for quite a few days and been a bit gassy, am also getting slight nausea, but nothing major, I'm wishing myself ill as symptoms would be so reassuring

sunshine, I came down with a nasty cold the day after I got the positive HPT. I didn't connect it to the pregnancy at the time, but I have also heard that many newly pregnant women come down with colds because their immune systems are lowered. So, I think that you can take this as your first official pregnancy symptom :flower: I also had random pains, etc. in the 1st 2 weeks or so after finding out I was pregnant. They went away, and have now been replaced with stretching pains. Every once in a while when I cough or sneeze, depending on what kind of position I am in, I get sharp pains in my stomach muscles.

sunshine, I came down with a nasty cold the day after I got the positive HPT. I didn't connect it to the pregnancy at the time, but I have also heard that many newly pregnant women come down with colds because their immune systems are lowered. So, I think that you can take this as your first official pregnancy symptom :flower: I also had random pains, etc. in the 1st 2 weeks or so after finding out I was pregnant. They went away, and have now been replaced with stretching pains. Every once in a while when I cough or sneeze, depending on what kind of position I am in, I get sharp pains in my stomach muscles.

thanks michelle...it will be so great to have you ladies that are ahead of me as "guides" Yall have already been so helpful :) my cold is dwindling now and I go in for my third beta tomorrow. Just praying those numbers are really high!!

I have the stomach pains now. Damn the relaxin stretching my stomach ligaments! But I guess I was one of the lucky ones, no sickness except for a sinus infection and now thats to the Doc's allowing me to be on Zyrtec, I feel a heck of a lot better.

I am kind of worried about my glucose test I have to take on Monday. I have PCOS (insulin resistant) and they took me off metformin and now they are testing to make sure I don't already have diabetes (I don't) but I have to take the stupid test.
I hear the sugar drink is awful and then I have to get more blood drawn. I swear I have had more blood drawn in the past year from the FS and all the HCG tests than I have my entire life ten times over. I am worried about puking the stuff up and having to start the test over the next day. I really hope they let me drink water.
At least it will give me insight into the 3 hour glucose test at 28 weeks.

good luck with your beta today sunshine :thumbup:

wantanerd, the GTT sounds awful, i'm sure they'll let you drink some water, they must be used to poor pregnant ladies having to have these tests, good luck with it :thumbup:

wantanerd - that glucose test does not sound fun. Good luck and hopefully they let you drink water with it too. And I completely agree with you on the blood draw comment...definitely had more blood taken in the past year then in my whole life 10 times over haha.

I am hoping they let me drink my whole water bottle and not just some in a cup. It sucks I have to take the damn thing twice! And then have to spend an hour there for this test and three hours for the next test!

Just got my third beta - 3326!!! AHHHHH I am on Cloud 9. :cloud9:

The doctors wanted it to be over 2500 so they were really happy with my number.

Now my next appointment is next Tuesday afternoon (6 weeks) when I will have my scan!

Hi Ladies! Hope you are all doing well :)
Wow great number sunshine, that is really high! Do you think you might have twinnies in there?
wantanerd-hope your test goes ok, it doesn't sound fun at all, especially if you have been feeling sick.
AFM-I have been OK so far this week, last sunday was an awful day for me, nausea, vomiting, headache, I spent the whole day on the couch! Oh well, makes you appreciate the good days when you have them and the bad days when you have them too! I am counting down until my next scan which is 1 week today, can't wait! Same day as yours sunshine! Really hoping those babies are behaving themselves :)

sunshine, that beta is awesome!! :happydance: Maybe you will be joining the twins club!

wantanerd, sorry about the upcoming glucose test, it sounds awful! But by the time you take it you will be in the 2nd tri, so at least that is something to look forward too.

Harvest, sorry you felt so awful on Sunday. You are getting close to the point where you should start feeling better though, only a couple more weeks left in the 1st tri! Your scan next week will be awesome, the babies may even be moving around for you, which is so fun to see.

AFM, I had my NT scan today, and it was absolutely amazing!! All the measurements were well within normal range, and my babies were kicking their little legs and waving their little arms. One of them appeared to be sucking his/her thumb at one point. It was so incredible to see them doing well :cloud9: Baby A measured at 12w4d, and Baby B measured at 12w6d. Baby B has always been bigger, so we are convinced that Baby B is a boy. Today was a big hurdle for me, after the assisted conception journey and the miscarriages, I had a hard time believing that everything was really OK, but I have definitely taken a deep breath now and I can't wait until my babies are actually here!

Thanks gals :)

I find out next week if I have twinnies or not. I would love twins (my dad is a twin and also has a set of twin sisters...they have have lots of fun together).

mrssunshine -whats your next step?

Harvest - awesome that you have a scan on the same day as me :) We will have lots of updates that day! Sorry you had a bad day Sunday but at the same time I am sure you were happy as it means everything is going good. And it is good that not every day is like that. I know I may regret saying this but I am hoping to feel sick soon just so I can keep feeling good about the pregnancy. Had VERY mild nausea (actually, not really nausea, just not much of an appetite) the last few days.

Michelle - that is such amazing news!! Sounds like your scan was better than awesome...it is crazy that after just 12 weeks your babies can already suck their thumbs. Such a miracle :) Are you going to find out the sexes?

Michelle that's fantastic, it must be so great seeing your babies, so cute. I really hope I get to that point, it's really hard after a loss.

Harvester hopefully your sickness will be coming to an end, I can't wait for mine to start! :haha:

Afm tomorrow is actually my otd, my clinic insist that it's two weeks post transfer! Then they'll arrange my scan for two weeks time. Feeling nervous about that already after last time

Exciting day for scans next Tuesday, sunshine I bet you can't wait to see your baby(ies)!

:hugs:

Sunshine, I am dying to find out the sex of the babies! I have another scan in 3 weeks, which will put me close to 16 weeks, and they are going to look then and see if they can tell the sex. That would make a fun Xmas surprise for our parents!

Mrssunshine, I know how you feel :hugs: With my 1st m/c we found out something was wrong at my 1st scan (although my hcg had been pretty low, so I should have known something wasn't right) so I was petrified at my 1st scan this time. I was still nervous with the 2nd scan, but less so and my anxiety has decreased with each scan that shows my babies are doing well. The 1st couple weeks are rough, but it does get better!

I am making sure I know the sex before xmas. My next appt with the doctor will be at 15 weeks 4 days and then if they can't see whats going on (and even if they can) I will go the next week to a 4-d ultrasound. It's my xmas present from the hubby to tell the sex of the baby. The place has a guarantee that if you are in your 16th week if the baby isn't cooperating, I can come back for free. I booked my appt. on a Tuesday just in case the baby won't cooperate.
We plan on sending picture frames to the parents with a note saying to check their emails on christmas morning to find out what we are having. It will kill me to keep it from my mom for 5 days but I am going to try.

About the glucose test, I haven't been sick but I hear the drink is revolting. I am a picky eater (am much better now) and I still don't take liquid meds usually because of the taste.

I think I get nervous before every ultrasound but it vanishes the moment I know everything is fine. I was so used to seeing the baby every week (i had 4 ultrasounds weeks 5-8) and I went three weeks without one, the worry started a few days before the appointment but once I saw everything was ok, I calmed down. I have wanted this baby for so long and I am less than a week away from the second trimester and I don't like going to the Doctor's anyway so I was a bit nervous.

I think I will start to get nervous on Saturday or Sunday about the impending blood work. After that I have a couple weeks before the next dr visit but I think I will be more excited than nervous since they might be able to tell what we are having. (still praying its a girl. I know I shouldn't be picky but I have dreamed of having a girl since I was a kid).

I guess I got off lucky since I never was sick. I didn't puke at all. I had to deal with my allergies though and sore boobs and food aversions but that's about it. My main symptom was tiredness but that has totally subsided this week. I think one of my secrets was drinking over 75 ounces of water a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->