• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Astala

Torianna

Reaction score
I really like Astala for a girl - but google only brings up stories about peaches geldof using it for her son. It doesn't sound like a totally made up name it me, but it doesn't feature in any lists with meanings.

Is the Geldof connection too strong for our little baby Darlington? Really welcome your views xx

I don't think so, especially not if you're using it for a girl. I love it, very cool with Jasper and Ivy! If you want something a little different there is always Astrid which is gaining popularity but still very unique.

That's encouraging, thank you! All the forums coming up in google are a bit critical of it, but it's not clear if it's because it's a girly name given to a boy.

I also like Astoria, but I guess the obvious abbreviation is Tori, which is my name and a former school friend has just named her child Storie, so it feels like that's not an option either?

I think unless you go with very common names there will always be a lot of criticism, especially online, but in real life a lot of people love unusual names. Anyway, everyone you know will get used to it very quickly and will only associate the name with your DD. You could shorten Astoria to Rory or Rhea? Storie is an amazing nickname too, but I see the dilemma with your friend having the same name.

I like it and think it sounds quite girly. I don't think people will remember the geldof connection for very long but if it bothers you, how about Astella?

I prefer Astoria over Astala - and it's cool that it incorporates your name Tori. I would go with Story/Storie as a nickname - very pretty. I don't think it matters if you have an acquaintance with a daughter named Storie.

Astella is also a very pretty suggestion (nickname Ella)!

I have to admit the first thing that popped into my head was peaches geldof.
Its a really pretty name for a girl though. Much more so than a boy I think!

My first thought was Peaches Geldoff but I've always thought Astala was a really feminine sounding name.

Definitely makes me think immediately of peaches' son. But I love PP suggestion of Astrid

I also love love love Jasper and Ivy. Great names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->