Atkins/low carb support thread.

I'm using protein powder to supplement my diet, so a breakfast shake with spinach/berries, cottage cheese for breaky and or egg/sausage, lunch chicken casserole w/ miracle noodles, snack might be a fruit or boiled egg if you're hungry before dinner or some water with crystal light + unflavoured protein, dinner fish and salad, I use Waldon's Farms dressings or vinegars (0 carbs), later in the evening, sugar free jello + protein (recipe is on utube) or a low carb baked muffin/brownie. If you're eating enough protein you shouldn't ever be hungry. I just don't like eating meat all the time and so I need to supplement with shakes/jello infused with protein or protein baked snacks like brownies.

As healthy as veggies and fruits are, too many veggies can throw you out of ketosis and into just a low carb diet which will make you lose weight more slowly. Exercise will help you boost how fast your fat melts away and get you back into a ketogenic state where you're burning fat, not carbs/sugars. Once you fall out of ketosis, it takes a few days to get back in. I think everyone has their own methods: low carb, atkins etc but being in ketosis makes me lose weight the fastest without the hunger or cravings of the higher carb diets. There's a website that tells a little bit more about how much protein to consume https://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/daily-protein-requirement.html
I did this diet too before my wedding and it worked really well for me. So far I'm on target with my June 19th goal plus or minus 5 lbs too. It's difficult with the amount of stress you're under with the wedding-I'm wishing you the best!!

It's not even stress, it's just no motivation to stick to low carb foods. I do well, but then i'll lose it and it blows my whole day. This weekend was awful. I ate so many carbs. I didn't even like the food. It was just there in front of me. It's discouraging to see the weight go way back up. It's like I haven't lost anything! gah.. so discouraging

I like to eat four meals a day. I try to keep my carbs evenly spaced out throughout the day. 4 to 5 carbs per meal is good. Fiber doesn't count. Sugar alcohols don't count. I drink a lot of water to help move the toxins out. I'm even careful to use artificial sweeteners because of the link between them and fertility problems. I don't worry about calories. Some days more calories is better so that the body doesn't go into starvation mode. A constant supply of fuel increases the metabolism.

Sugar alcohols don't count.
:haha: really? So drinking on Atkins is OK? I need to switch diets:winkwink:

I'm even careful to use artificial sweeteners because of the link between them and fertility problems.
No wonder why so many of us on B&B have issues, I should cut out that salad dressing!:wacko:

Can'thardlywait, don't be so hard on yourself, it's mostly water weight, get back and do some exercise & eat properly this week, it will fall off if it's carby weight. Drink lots of water like Mel said, don't worry about yesterday, try for tomorrow:flower:

2have4kids, first of all Congrats on more weight loss! :happydance:

Sugar alcohols are not the same thing as a shot of SoCo or a long island ice tea. But yes you can drink on Atkins. That’s another topic. I will save that one for later. Sugar alcohols are in products such as “sugar free” candies. I like Russell Stover Private Reserve squares. They are a lot like Ghirardelli Squares which are my absolute favorite chocolates! Anyway, RS have 22g of carbs per 3 pieces, but I can subtract the fiber (4g) and the Sugar Alcohols (15g). That makes a serving only 3 grams of net carbs, but I only eat one when I do so that is only 1 gram of carbs. Look for ingredients like Xylitol, or Maltitol. Even though they are technically allowed on atkins because they don’t impact your blood sugar the way real sugars do, I’m going to need to do a bit of research about them to make sure that they don’t impair fertility the way aspartame does. Aspartame is the one that is the big culprit. :growlmad:

Thanks Ladies! I've been doing better. Yesterday I only had 33 net carbs! I've dropped over 2lbs already. I "officially" weigh in tomorrow and I hope I can drop some more lbs by then. Doing my best to chug water and eat well today!

Well done lady, I knew that extra weight would be water retention from the carbs. My doc always has inspiring little ditties, losing weight isn't like a light switch, you can't turn it off and turn it on again, it's a dimmer switch where if you eat more one day you can simply roll into the next day being conscientious. Your body is also full of hormones that will make you ravenous one day and not the next. Have a fab weekend!!

Ladies i need help and advice.

I did atkins 2 yrs ago and lost alot of weight. Had my daughter and put it all back on. I tried when my dd was 6 months, was on it for 4 weeks and lost 5lbs! I stuck to it like glue.

Well im starting again i need to lose this weight, why did i not lose the last time. Has my body learnt to cope with it since i was in it for aslong the last time.

I did atkins 2 yrs ago and lost alot of weight. Had my daughter and put it all back on. I tried when my dd was 6 months, was on it for 4 weeks and lost 5lbs! I stuck to it like glue.

Well im starting again i need to lose this weight, why did i not lose the last time. Has my body learnt to cope with it since i was in it for aslong the last time.

Hi Weewdy, you said you tried it for 4 weeks? 5 lbs in 1 month is great progress, I think you just needed to stick to your guns a little while longer. The slower you lose the weight the longer you're likely to keep it off. Did you exercise too? I find this really accelerates the weight loss. Saying that, I've been going pretty hard out since Christmas and was getting too sore and tired with workouts so I gave myself a 2 week hiatus. I ate carbs and didn't go to the gym. I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back into it. I still lost 3 lbs while I was goofing off but who knows, maybe that was all the salad, fruit and veggies I was eating. calories in = calories out.

Have you tried tracking your food/nutrition/calories in fitday.com or one of the trackers? I think alot of people use fitnesspal but I like how fitday gives you a nutritional analysis as well as charts to break down your calories burned vs consumed and weightloss goal graphs. Anyway, don't be too hard on yourself, just try to get back into it while you have spring here for momentum. I wish you luck and success.:flower:

Hi Weewdy, you said you tried it for 4 weeks? 5 lbs in 1 month is great progress, I think you just needed to stick to your guns a little while longer. The slower you lose the weight the longer you're likely to keep it off. Did you exercise too? I find this really accelerates the weight loss. Saying that, I've been going pretty hard out since Christmas and was getting too sore and tired with workouts so I gave myself a 2 week hiatus. I ate carbs and didn't go to the gym. I feel rejuvenated and ready to get back into it. I still lost 3 lbs while I was goofing off but who knows, maybe that was all the salad, fruit and veggies I was eating. calories in = calories out.

Have you tried tracking your food/nutrition/calories in fitday.com or one of the trackers? I think alot of people use fitnesspal but I like how fitday gives you a nutritional analysis as well as charts to break down your calories burned vs consumed and weightloss goal graphs. Anyway, don't be too hard on yourself, just try to get back into it while you have spring here for momentum. I wish you luck and success.:flower:

Thanks for the reply. Yes i was doing at least 1hr of exercise a day and eating strict. I suppose i just expect it to come off the way it did the last time. I lost the 5lbs in week one and nothing the other 3 weeks when i was doing the most exercise.

I started strict again on thursday so hopefully my will power will keep me going this time.

Thanks for the reply. Yes i was doing at least 1hr of exercise a day and eating strict. I suppose i just expect it to come off the way it did the last time. I lost the 5lbs in week one and nothing the other 3 weeks when i was doing the most exercise.

I started strict again on thursday so hopefully my will power will keep me going this time.

My doc says it's 90% about what you put in your mouth, 10% about the exercise. Don't go too hard or it'll make you exhausted and more hungry. But it's always nice to look toned for summer and it will come off faster if you're exercising. Good job at getting back to it!

Can'thardlywait & Sweetmel, how are you ladies doing? Anything exciting happening in your lives xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->