Atkins/low carb support thread.

I'm still here! I've just been really busy!! Bought my wedding dress this weekend!! It fits like a glove, but i'm still hoping to lose about 15 more lbs before the wedding. I want to be in great shape on my honeymoon!!

Can'thrdlywait what kind of back did you get and when's the big day?

Ceejay well done on your weight loss! I bet when spring hits you'll be able to shave them off easier. I'm not sure where you live but we're covered in 5 feet of snow here, there's less motivation to get outside and more to stay in and eat. I do fall off every now and then and when I need the carbs I tend like you to try at least to respect calorie content.

SweetMel, I guess with softcups, when you've been given <5% chance at success and finally found success you tend to toot your horn a little. But I write in diff sections of B&B so unless you happened to be in more than 1 with me you wouldn't know I rave about them. 8-[

Aww thanks :) Im in Nottingham so its annoyingly cold and wet! I want to start running but its so damn freezing haha. At least Im not gaining weight, i've been at 116 for almost a year. :D (give or take a lb here and there) Ideally I'd like to get to 7st 12 , which is a low end for my BMI but im not really muscular at all, so work out/lose fat/gain muscle if you know what i mean? Im pretty happy as I am size and weight wise most of the time.

Anybody heard from the other low carb girls weewdy, aliss, chinagirl, kitty or sazzle or biscuitbaby? Weewdy started this low carb thread...I have to say I've enjoyed reading about what everyone's been eating, fresh ideas are always good.

Im on Atkins, LOVE it! It's the only way that works for me, carbs make me crave more carbs and sweet things, and low cal makes me hungry and then binge.
Over 20lbs gone, 7 to go :)

ARJ, how long did it take you for 20 lbs? I feel exactly the same as you. I still am meant to keep my calories low but with the types of protein I eat, I'm fully satiated.

What do you cook?

I'm still here! I've just been really busy!! Bought my wedding dress this weekend!! It fits like a glove, but i'm still hoping to lose about 15 more lbs before the wedding. I want to be in great shape on my honeymoon!!

Can'thrdlywait what kind of back did you get and when's the big day?

Ceejay well done on your weight loss! I bet when spring hits you'll be able to shave them off easier. I'm not sure where you live but we're covered in 5 feet of snow here, there's less motivation to get outside and more to stay in and eat. I do fall off every now and then and when I need the carbs I tend like you to try at least to respect calorie content.

SweetMel, I guess with softcups, when you've been given <5% chance at success and finally found success you tend to toot your horn a little. But I write in diff sections of B&B so unless you happened to be in more than 1 with me you wouldn't know I rave about them. 8-[

I got a tea length polka dot organza dress! It's ivory in color and it's absolutley perfect!! We are doing a very small outdoors wedding so I didn't want something real over the top. We are getting married on 9/6!!

I got a tea length polka dot organza dress! It's ivory in color and it's absolutley perfect!! We are doing a very small outdoors wedding so I didn't want something real over the top. We are getting married on 9/6!!

Oh you're going to be gorgeous! Will you post photos for us? We did a small wedding too, 42 people, loved the intimacy, we got to have really authentic conversations with everyone.

I’m so excited for you CantHrdlyWait. Can you post a pick of your dress? Better not if you don’t want your guy to see. I just helped a friend with her wedding last summer. We thought it was going to be hot because they were getting married in August, but the day of the wedding the weather was so nice. I was an outside wedding. Six months is plenty of time to lose 15 more pounds.

2have4kids, I guess we tend to hang out in the same threads. Go ahead and brag. They work for you. I have a problem with sticking things in my hooha, but someone else on here puts garlic cloves in hers. I’m not judging.

Hi Arj! Your twins are adorable! I too feel like low carb is the only thing that works with my body. I’ve tried other diets to no avail. I have such an appetite on low fat/low calorie diets that I end up stuffing my face, but on Atkins my hunger is under control. Sometimes I forget to eat after 4 hours because I’m not hungry.

I will post a pic next time i'm at home! My fiance never gets on this site, so he wouldn't see it. =)

Hi ladies. My weight seems to be stuck for the moment. Do y’all know if hormones during the middle of the cycle interfere with weight loss? I know AF does. I ate a little lighter today to see if that would help get me past the plateau.

Hi ladies, how is everyone? Sweetmel, have you cracked that plateau? Do you have a scale with body fat measurement on it? I find when I stop losing the body fat % seems to plummet and my body starts fitting new smaller clothing. Does this feel like it's happening to you? I've never noticed a weight loss stall mid month, only ever and always during AF. BUT saying that, my OH emailed a BBC article that women have 2 times of the month where we're more prone to injury because our hormones change which loosens our joints. We have to be extra careful or try not to push too hard mid cycle and during AF apparently-maybe there is something to the hormonal shifts that effects our ability to lose weight midcycle.

I thought I was having a stall at 185 for a week there and then it went down to 184 and this weekend 181 now for 2 days. I'm hoping tomorrow 180. I have a goal graph in my fitday.com account that tells me how on track I am for meeting my goal by June 19th, I started on Jan 19th so that's 5 months to loose 70 lbs and I'm about 1-2 lbs above where I should be on their graph. I'd like to get that back on track this week. It's a pretty aggressive goal but I've made it nearly to the 1/2 way mark and kept on track so I'm going to assume I can do the rest the same way-plus I feel great!

I know the last 20 lbs can be tougher though and I'm doing IVF next month so there could be some hiccups along the way. I will have to eat frequently and will need to add loads more calories if I get preggers but hopefully lots of low impact exercise will still help keep me in shape and healthy. If I get preggers I'll not be so fussed about sticking to the goal, just want to keep in shape for an easier delivery & recovery. I start a new cycle on Friday so I'm very excited! I have 5 weeks until the actual IVF to lose as much as possible. Then take it easy for the tww. Unfortunately the IUI this month didn't work out, negative tests this past weekend. I was wanting IVF anyway in hopes of multiples, we're just getting older here and have no kids! Have some serious catching up to do!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend, let us know what you've all been up to!

I've fallen off the wagon - Chocolate! Ahh. My sisters been over from Germany.

Good luck with the IVF next month! My sisters just been told she has to try IVF next month too! x

2Have, No I don’t have one of those scales. I just have a simple one. It doesn’t even have tenths of a pound. It rounds up to the nearest pound or half pound. My weight loss is still stalled and my bbt temps are very low especially for lp. I think my thyroid is acting up. I think it is great that you have been able to keep to your goals. You are making great progress. I’ve been wondering how the IUI went. Hopefully next month will go the way you want.

Ahh Ceejay. Maybe the chocolate won’t set you back to bad.

Oohh, CeeJay, well fallen off the wagon/taking a break, I'm sure spring will inspire you, you have lots of time.
Sweetmel, exercise maybe can help give things a boost. Have faith and keep on with your plan, it'll give soon.
AF came early today so we're officially in the IVF cycle :happydance: :happydance::happydance: I'm wondering why it came early, would loads of exercise speed up hormones/make them work better and cause a cycle to shorten? It happened in sept too when I got my BFP (I'd been cycling to work everyday).
CeeJay let me know how it goes for your sister, I'm really amazed at how many people need help with conception.

2have4kids I tried that chocolate muffin recipe that you posted on here last month. it wasn't too bad but it wasn't good either.

I think I'm going to put on some roller blades tomorrow. That should be good exercise. I did half an hour of walking today.

does anybody order food online?

No, I've never ordered food online. The brownies were a little dry hey? To me they still hit the spot when I was craving baked goods. I've been stuck at 281.2 the whe week, it's that time of month :/
Have fun roller blading!
We're out in the Rockies this weekend skiing. Have a date with the hot springs after skiing and then a massage booked. I'm exhausted from this week so very much looking forward to it!

i know this is a silly question, but what do you guys eat for meals? im thinking i may have to go low carb as no weight is coming off :(

also does anyone else doing low carb have hypothyroidism?

I have low thyroid, and taking synthroid, not sure if that's the same, but I just don't eat pasta, rice, bread, beans or potatoes. A typical day looks like breaky: 3/4 cup cottage cheese, egg tea/coffee, sausage if I'm really hungry. Lunch: miracle noodles, stir fry w/ chicken/beef, snack liberte 0%yogurt plain or a fruit, dinner fish, salad. If I'm hungry between meals or laye evening I'll eat protein muffins/brownies/protein jello. And I also use protein powder in flavoured water (crystal light).

There are lots of recipes on you tube and Pinterest to help you stay on track with this diet.

lollipop, I have an underactive thyroid that I take Synthroid for. I can tell by my bbt temps and by my multitude of symptoms that the meds aren't quite taking care of it. I'm working on that. Are you hypothyroid?

Today I ate...

Breakfast - 2 eggs, 2 sausage patties, and cheese.

Lunch - guacamole and pork rinds

Snack - blueberry and almond milk smoothie

Dinner - Ceasar salad (no croutons), 9 ounce sirloin steak, and green beans.

I generally try to follow Phase 1 & 2 of Atkins. I don't eat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, corn, sugar, or flour. I limit the foods that will cause a spike in insulin.

I think OH and I have found our new favorite restaurant. We went for the first time to Ruby Tuesday. They have a great menu full of low carb options, and their salad bar is awesome.

Hey ladies.. sorry i haven't been on lately.. i'm just so busy!! I've been eating too many carbs and seemed to have gained 5 lbs of water weight!!!! This really really upsets me. What do you guys eat? How in the hell do you stay around 20 carbs a day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->