****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

oh i did the chinese gender chart thing with this one and it says boy my middle one said boy and he was my last one said girl and he was a boy lol soo i don't think they are anything to go by well i won't be getting the colours yet lol

omg... i'm in the throes of a huge, horrible row with my best friend. It's awful :cry:

She lives a few hours away from me and neither of us have cars at the moment- and she's having a go at me for not making an effort to visit her the last few months, and for bailing last weekend. I thought she understood how sick and housebound I've been with the damn morning sickness and headaches, but obviously not. She told me to stop hiding behind my pregnancy.. "while I accept that all pregnancies are different, it isn't as debillitating as you're making out".

:cry::cry::cry:

Aw hun :hug: if shes never been pregnant then she wont understand just how much it actually takes it out of you so its a bit mean of her to say that!

flutterbaby how lovely to see you back, seems like everything is on the go for you at the moment, but you keping ok in general?

Oh good Jetters, like you say they are the main things. As for your friend, well I dont know what to say, could either of you meet for lunch half way and then you are on neutral ground too?

Just got back from baby group, my friend came too which was nice, now in doors chilling, got some washing to fold but think a cuppa and a biccy is in order first. Then waiting for Si to get home so we can go get Eleanor's climbing frame.

How is everyone this afternoon? x

Hello ladies well not much to report here just at work, hoping to sell loads of airline or cruise tickets today! yeah right not going to happen. I do have a good lead coming in Friday and they will defo be purchasing a cruise so have that to look forward to!

I have parent teacher confrences tonight and tbh I'm dreading them :dohh: DD has been a pretty big handful this year! She doesn't do her homework and doesn't bring it home I'm at my wits end don't know what to do. She will be 11yrs old in April and has been the only child for so long and pretty much gets everything she has ever wanted which is my fault but now it's begining to play havic with her grades! I don't know what I'm going to do, the next step would be to take her TV out of her room and I can see that happening this weekend as she hasn't brought her homework home all week:growlmad: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I know I've asked for help before in other threads and have taken all the suggestions in (so far I've grounded her and taken away her cell phone)

Hope your all doing well!

Jetters I've found that when friends act like that they are jealous of your situation, just give her time, and why hasn't she made more of an effort to see you lately?

MrsP sounds like you've had a quiet day.

Hey flutterbaby hope your sister's pg goes on a wee bit longer so you can get further along in your pg and not have to wait so long! LOL It seems to be draggin here for me atm.

:( just lost a huge reply :(
flutterbaby hope your sister hangs on a little longer, although it must be frustrating for her not knowing whether she's coming or going!
Jetters, hard situation with your friend, particularly as neither of you have transport at the moment, hope you can sort something.
Csunshine, hope the parent teacher meeting isn't too stressful - I'm on the other side of the desk as the teacher! Is she still grade school with just one teacher? Perhaps you can come up with an approach collaborating between school and home, so for each homework missed there are two consequences, one from you and one from teacher? Maybe staying in at recess to complete the work she should have done? Perhaps with a two pronged attack it might help! As for the TV, my personal opinion would have it out of there straight away, good behaviour or not!! Charlotte certainly won't be having one at the age of 10!!
As for me, we had a lovely day catching up with Charlotte's friends (and mine!) and they were all on pretty good form, so we managed a lovely stress free lunch. The icing on the cake for me was that C stayed awake the whole way home (40 mins in the car when tired!) so we BOTH got a nap when we got home!
My nerve wracking moment now is that we have to see our landlord tonight about converting our annexed study in to a seperate room for the new baby! That's how it was originally, but someone blocked up the door and knocked it through to the living room. We'd have to pay for the work ourselves, but hopefully not more than a few hundred quid :S just have to hoe she says yes, as otherwise we're going to be really pushed for space!! I've attached a drawing to try and explain it!

Current layout...
https://www.freephotoserver.com/f05/u9872794.jpg

Proposed layout...
https://www.freephotoserver.com/f01/u5045057.jpg

Thanks Hollywood! I appreciate the input and will defo be speaking to her teacher about a way to work together, but he was already supposed to be emailing me when she didn't complete her assignments and I have yet to receive one email. She and I both have used the TV as noise forever. I still use it for noise in my bedroom:blush: so that one is my fault so have decided that if I'm not satisfied with her work this quarter (yes she is in 5th grade) it will be removed for good or will be a reward for a good grades. I have her in tutoring 3 days a week with her teacher you would think they would work on her problem area's :shrug: guess I'm feeling a little frustrated with her teacher and the whole school system atm sorry for my rant.

Good luck with your chat this evening with your landlord:thumbup:

Not caught up properly but philly - re 16 week bloods, took about a fortnight for results to come through in the post for me.

Midwife said if there was anything to worry about, hospital would contact you to make an appointment immediately, so if not just to wait for postal results - hope this helps!

Off to sort moany hubby out with some tea now :dohh:

evening ladies. xx

I had my results and all is ok.I'm in the lower group which is a relief as I was in high group with my 2nd baby.I have a most horrid toothache but will not go dentist.I'd rather sit and moan lol

How are we all x

Hello ladies well not much to report here just at work, hoping to sell loads of airline or cruise tickets today! yeah right not going to happen. I do have a good lead coming in Friday and they will defo be purchasing a cruise so have that to look forward to!

I have parent teacher confrences tonight and tbh I'm dreading them :dohh: DD has been a pretty big handful this year! She doesn't do her homework and doesn't bring it home I'm at my wits end don't know what to do. She will be 11yrs old in April and has been the only child for so long and pretty much gets everything she has ever wanted which is my fault but now it's begining to play havic with her grades! I don't know what I'm going to do, the next step would be to take her TV out of her room and I can see that happening this weekend as she hasn't brought her homework home all week:growlmad: Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I know I've asked for help before in other threads and have taken all the suggestions in (so far I've grounded her and taken away her cell phone)

Hope your all doing well!

Jetters I've found that when friends act like that they are jealous of your situation, just give her time, and why hasn't she made more of an effort to see you lately?

MrsP sounds like you've had a quiet day.

Hey flutterbaby hope your sister's pg goes on a wee bit longer so you can get further along in your pg and not have to wait so long! LOL It seems to be draggin here for me atm.

I have hon really, not quite felt my self today so just taking it easy, which makes a change. I've felt cold and rubbish all day just stretching pains and what not, now just chilling in front of tv.

DD certainly seems to be keeping you on your toes. I certainly would be removing all forms of luxuries until such times that grades proove she deserves them back. But is there any other kind of underlining problem that maybe causing the distraction? x

I don't know, but she is normally a very happy child and it makes both our lives misserable when she does this. She says she's forgotten and I don't know weather it's that or she just doesn't want to do it :shrug: nothing has changed so can't quite put my finger on it.

Hope the stretching pains go soon.

She gets out of school about now so should be getting a call from her and we shall see what happens then:shrug:

Thanks ladies I appreciate all the input. She doesn't like to clean her room, but my dad just says "choose your battles, shut the door" Lol

hi everyone yeah i've been sound a little tired but sound all in all i'll reply to all the gossip tomorrow my hubby is moaning for man time lol soo see ya tomorrow :hugs:

good luck talking to the teacher than, sucks that he said he'd email and hasn't...
Went well with the landlord, she's perfectly happy for us to get the work done, yay!! Now just need to get some quotes for the work :)
Watching Masterchef - yum! We had such a healthy tea tonight, kettle chips, and chocolates! I only ate two chocs though as they were boozy truffles, and I don't like booze in choc at the best of times, let alone now! - oh and ginger cake too!! a perfectly balanced three course meal, served with a glass of blackcurrant squash :)

good luck talking to the teacher than, sucks that he said he'd email and hasn't...
Went well with the landlord, she's perfectly happy for us to get the work done, yay!! Now just need to get some quotes for the work :)
Watching Masterchef - yum! We had such a healthy tea tonight, kettle chips, and chocolates! I only ate two chocs though as they were boozy truffles, and I don't like booze in choc at the best of times, let alone now! - oh and ginger cake too!! a perfectly balanced three course meal, served with a glass of blackcurrant squash :)

I phoned the teacher to make sure I had a spot to talk to him in and we go at 7pm and we will be going over everything with her sitting there so it should sink in. Hopefully!

So please elaborate on what kettle chips are? Just curious and I don't like boozy truffles anytime :nope:

ehm, kettle chips are just like thick cut crisps I guess, it's a brand name...
https://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/media/dContent/mediaCentre/Products/Packs/kettle_chips_sea_salt_balsamic.png

omg i live on kettle chips esp the salt and vinegar ones x

i just realised tonight's weren't the genuine article - phileas fogg instead - but still tasty!

Oh :dohh: I thought it was something you actually put in a kettle and made. LMAO

I do love me some crisps though!

mmmm, i love kettle chips!!!
Ms. Vickie's is a brand in Canada and they are delicious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->