****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Congrats Lliena!

I think I might have felt my first little jab this morning too. When I had my last scan he was moving around like crazy and I couldn't believe that I couldn't feel it. I have been so anxious to feel him since then so I have been concentrating very hard. I hope I feel my little angel every day.

Pink - its cold and grey here too, let me change that. Its bloody freezing!!!

Lliena & khegidio - Great news on the kicks :dance: I think I have been getting a few gentle ones but nothing you could put your hand on and feel.

Holywood - Hope you are feeling a little better. I have a punder of a headache today too. I've put Eleanor down for a sleep so just going to sit here and chill, will make a cuppa in a minute and have a cheeky cookie!!

We went to a new group this morning, messy play. It was ok, no-one seems to talk much, all a bit awkward conversation but I'll stick with it. Eleanor wanted to play outside mainly but it was too cold and she is just getting over a cold.

Although she did do her first painting and sticking, I was so proud. Well mummy helped!

How are we all? xxx

ooo I think I've gone up a box too!

yippee for the middle box, i noticed that at the weekend!!
Head still bad :( may go back to bed for a while, Charlotte with my mum today.
I'm hungry though. Cookies sounds good, but nothing in the house :(
Maybe a wee cuppa

I'll get the kettle on x :rofl: I'll share my cookies too, fresh from Tesco this morning, anyone else? x

My tea was nice. Had a tuna mayo and cheese toasted wrap. trying to be vaguely healthy! there's half a pack of kettle chips in the cupboard calling to me though...

Il have a cup of tea MrsP (ooh that rhymes :haha:) I dont think it was a kick anyone else could feel quite yet but it was enough to make me sit up and take notice if that makes sense?

Also just been listening to bean on my doppler as havent been able to find he/she on my own before. I managed it about 20mins ago and he/ she stayed still for about 2/3 mins just letting me listen and then gave me another kick as if to say im here mummy :cloud9: Which made me cry but good tears :D I think its finally sinking in properly-omg im going to be a mummy again :cloud9::happydance::cloud9:

Mummy mummy mummy!! It's exciting!
Tea did little to help me, I think I needed a cookie after all...
Need to go and get dressed now (how bad am I, 4.06pm and still in my jammies) as Charlotte will be home soon!

Mrs P I will just come out and say it this time although I have to say it was os much fun doing that with all the people refreshing my journal. I will behave.

I felt kick on the outside for the first time without having to push down hard! They were faint but am thinking another week or so and they might be strong enough for dh to really feel. Whenever baby moves I always concentrate cause I love the feeling. The flutters at first were a bit uncomfy but they straight out jabs and kicks are awesome. Well off to prenatal. 8 more freaking days to wait! I am sticking with boy to!

If you could see the state you had me in, I suprised I didnt wearout my refresh button, you played a good game though hon.

I have to sit and concentrate on my kicks too x

Holywood, my tead didnt help but it was nice and I sat wrapped in a blanket watching crap on tv.

I dont think getting dressed at 4pm is wrong, in fact all I'd been doing is putting on clean pj's! :rofl:

Hey ladies sorry I've been gone out sick with a headache the last two days:dohh: but now feeling quite well!

On Monday I got my blood test results so here they are as the original risk first and actual risk second

Nural Defect 1 in 900 less than 1 in 10,000

Downs 1 in 75 1 in 2,700

Trisomey 18 1 in 730 1 in 980

So wont be doing the amnio based on these results!:happydance:

K so glad your tests have come back good as well! :happydance::happydance:

Jetters I was a single parent with my DD 11yrs ago, but I didn't have a place like BNB to come for support. :hugs: It's scary but we'll help you through all of it!

Kelly you know my thoughts. LOL I'm sticking with my original guess of girly.

You ladies are making me so very hungry and it's not but quarter to eleven :dohh:

Hope the rest of you ladies are doing well! :hugs:

Welcome to the new mummies!

Well, I'm here again with you ladies! I'm 14 weeks 5 days today. Have my first OB appointment tomorrow. I really hope I hear the heart beat. Sorry I haven't been able to catch up on all the posts, hope everyone is doing well!

Ahhh csunshine, thanks! I love bnb :hugs:

To be honest, after meeting the doula's, I've been all upset! I don't know if i'll bother having one, even though it's free and they were lovely. It's made me all emotional how 'alone' I feel, and I don't really think a stranger being there will actually help. Which surprised me cos I wanted one SO much!

I'll have my awesome dad and stepmum as birth partners- and best friend. And the baby's daddy is a good friend and would be there if I wanted him to be, but I don't. It just all feels so rubbish sometimes.

It's so nice so many of you are feeling baby move! I'm jealous. I thiiiink I can feel flutterings but am not sure if i'm imagining it. Plus i'm a size 20 so got a big food baby in the way...!

I watched crap TV all day too - I really like Homes Under the Hammer though, and I watched One Born from last night :) THe second dose of pain killersseem ot have done the trick, but I took a higher dose, so feeling a bit woozy with it!
Csunshine glad your blood tests all came back OK!
Jetters, it must be really hard for you, but it's great that your family are all so supportive. It might be worth sticking with a doula for now, and then as you get to know her you could decide later on whether you actually want her there for the birth? As for feeling movement, it probably means you'll go straight to the big kicks, which will be even more exciting!

It's so nice so many of you are feeling baby move! I'm jealous. I thiiiink I can feel flutterings but am not sure if i'm imagining it. Plus i'm a size 20 so got a big food baby in the way...!

Im a 20/22 but this is my second so you always feel them earlier. If you think you can feel it Id say you can hehe ;)

To Jetters:

I think you should give the doula's a chance. It's so nice having someone you trust, that has no emotional ties with anyone. When I was pg with DD the nurse at my doctors office told me that if I didn't have anybody that she would go up there with me. It meant the world to me and she did come up after the birth and has been a very important person in my life since. Give it time to settle in. :hugs:

I'm also a big girl but this is my 5th pregnancy so I felt the flutters earlier than most as I knew what I was looking for.

Girls I have a HHUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE confession!!!

I've had my dinner, only a small one but my brother has just got a kebab and so did I :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->