****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Kelly, the Ikea ones are the right width but 20cm too long!! DH said cut the end off - I presumed he was joking! Chose a local baby shop to try, as I decided if I was going to splash the cash I'd give it to a local store not a multinational... walked in and all their mattresses were on sale! The one I got is fairly basic, but was half price, and DD probably won't use it for more than a year, so very pleased with that!! Also picked up fitted sheets from Matalan and a mattress cover from TK Maxx - all great bargains so feeling very pleased with myself!

Pinkandfluffy, yeah I thought it was Henley from BabiesRus, but cosatto was printed on the frame!? It's all built and in DDs room now... I'll attach a pic :) Not that this is baby's new room, but it means that the small cot is ready for when we have the building work done. Another builder in today to look at it, but so far no quotes :dohh:

Melissa, love your baby's room! Good on you for just painting the changing table - you couldn't tell - it looks great!

MrsP, sounds like you had a busy day, strange that your MW said no to the TENS - seems like that would be better than stuffing in drugs!! Glad the rest of the appointment went well, and hopefully your physio will come through soon - give them a call and tell them you'll take a short notice cancellation - that might get you in sooner!!

Philly, hope your day got better... DH has slept on the sofa bed in our living room for the last few nights as his snoring was so bad I was awake for hours at a time - no amount of poking or prodding made a difference and he got fed up with me disturbing him and took himself off - I've slept brilliantly!!

Khegidio, so glad the results have come back so well!! Definitely an extra cookie - and chocolate I think!!

Csunshine, we have a little crib that the baby will use to sleep in our room for the first few weeks, it's also a family treasure, mum, uncle, brother, cousins, DD have all sed it :) It's a lovely thing to have!!

As for me, busy today!! Off school for St Patricks day, and DD still at my mums, so I've been shopping - the mattess, sheets etc... was also after some maternity tights from mothercare, drove to the shopping centre, negotiated my way round crowds of Irish dancers, and discovered that mothercare had shut down! The nearest one was the centre of Belfast, which would have been miserable -pay to park, and St Paddy's parade one, so I drove half an hour (past my house on the way :() to another mothercare, and managed to get my tights!!

Home then, and cleaned the new cot, built it, dismantled the small one... Then dad arrived back with DD - wanted the old cot out of the way before she saw the new one, to minimise any stress, so he took he and they did jigsaws while I lugged things to the attic :) Anyway, all done now, DD seemed completely unphased by the change, so here's hoping it won't caused disrupted sleep tongiht!!

Just asked DD if there was a baby in there when she was looking at my tummy - she examined my belly butotn, her answer was 'no'! :wacko:

Attachments

• IMG242.jpg-797147.jpg
    IMG242.jpg-797147.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
Feeling a little better now, went to TGI fridays for lunch, had my hair done and am now killing time till Mart takes me to chiquitos for tea! Mmmmmmm....

Girls in the hairdressers have said that i'm not very big so that's 2 people to comment. I think because it's my first one i don't think they realise it really worries me when they say comments like that. Do any of you get those kind of comments?

The pain seems to be easing which is good but i'm swapping growing pain for trapped wind pain now, so can't bloody win today!

In my mood this morning i forgot to wish everyone a happy st patricks day! xxx :)

philly if i was u i wouldnt be worried... im not that big & i only get a bit bigger when i eat!
i only weigh 6 & half stone!!
but the other day (dunno if it was my top or what) this man let me off the bus first & said u can go first cus ur carryin extra weight!!!

xx

OMG I have just cought up with about 10 pages and cannot remember what half of u have said :dohh:

:hugs: to everyone that needs them, Eoz, have everything crossd for u hun,

it sounds as though a few of u have decent midwives at least

AFM, went for a routine antenatal yesterday and my MW wasn't in, so ended up waiting to see one of the day unit midwives and short is that I ended up with an anatonmy and 3D scan as they had taken delivery of a new scanner that they were learning how to use :yipee: ( they had to ask if I minded being a guinea pig!!)

everything is perfect, on the upper end of the growth percentiles for everything which is rather daunting, I still need my 20 week scan as she wasn't able to get a good look at the spine (not that I mind) and we got some fantastic pics, U can really tell how its dad is!! (not that there was any doubt on that one) am not sure u could really call it beautiful, but it is to me, even though ithas obviously got some fat to put on

I have been getting really dizzy the last few days, blood are all ok and BP is fine, but is quite disconcerting.

:hugs: Philly since this is your first please try and not worry! I was around 25-27 weeks with DD before I started to show but not that my body is all stretched and moved about it's easier to notice. You'll soon be showing and then you'll want everyone to say that your not too big.

Hollywood glad that you got your tights sorry you had to drive all over to get them! Crib looks marvelous! Hope DD sleeps tight!

Mum glad you got the extra scan!

aiimee your very thin!

afm just back from lunch had a lovely subway melt sandwich with extra bananna peppers :blush: my favorite! I'm still very tired in the afternoons so thinking it's just part of the pregnancy.

Hope your all doing well!

I wouldn't worry Philly, I only just started showing at your point and no-one would have guessed I was PG. However it suddenly popped out at around 17/18 wks and in the last two days 2 seperate people have asked me when I'm due! I will admit to having a little 'insulation' over my bump though which probably helps!

Oh, and I went for my 20 wk scan yesterday and wee bump was not playing ball, had arms up round face etc so the sonographer sent us off for a walk before trying again, then off for a wee, then turned me over, then this was, that way etc to try to get the face shot and this one heart shot she needed. Got there in the end though, and there are far worse things to spend a few hours doing.

Oh, and we're having a....GIRL!!! Our nickname for her was male up until yesterday so it feels very weird saying 'she' and 'her' etc. We haven't told family or anyone yet because DH feels weird telling people. We weren't fussed either way but it is nice to know! (I did go a little crazy buying pretty bits on the internet last night too....!) :happydance:

Mum2bewaiting how exciting to get an extra scan!! Can you post some pics?!
Csunshine I had a lovely subway too today, but at 11.30, then realised when I was feeding DD at 5.45 I hadn't eaten since then - filled up on porridge and toast :)

wannabemamma congrats on team pink :) Our scan would have been tomorrow but I had to reschedule so it's tomorrow week instead. Oh and good news that all was well in scan :)

DH out at Sainsburys, I'm watching Grand Design Revisited, then we'll watch Masterchef :)

csunshine thank you i think lol!
& im due the same day as u :D

It was totally meant as a compliment! That's great that we're due the same day are you finding out the gender? I get to find out in 14 days!:happydance::happydance: I'm not particular just want a healthy full term baby! I want to buy for a the little girl or boy not neutral.

Wannabe WOOP WOOP yeah for team PINK!:happydance::happydance:

I found out today I'm having a boy...I cant believe how quick Mrs p updated the gender stork on the first post lol I only announced it half a hour ago!

awww congrats!!! :)
a lil boy bet ur sooo excited!!
cant wait til my scan but i think im having a girlie

I found out today I'm having a boy...I cant believe how quick Mrs p updated the gender stork on the first post lol I only announced it half a hour ago!

CONGRATULATIONS on team BLUE!!!:happydance::happydance:

It's so nice to know now you can start to plan and buy. LOL

Thanks, I think my mums bought every blue outfit shes seen shes that excited!

haha I caught your earlier post and jumped in!

Well girls my car got sold this evening, they are coming to pick it up on Sunday, I didnt think I would feel so sad. Now the hard part, I have to find a new one.

Sunshine how is DD being at school? x

Oooo holywood - Happy St Paddys day to you x

that was pretty quick then MrsP, if you only advertised on Saturday - nice one!

Oooo holywood - Happy St Paddys day to you x

it won't let me thank you for that post for some reason ? but thanks!!
I've avoided it as much as possible today :)

ETA: the thanks button just reappeared...

Yeah not bad eh? Well I need to find a new one quick as I have a friend flying over from NI on Wednesday and I have to pick her up from the airport, its a long walk from standstead to hornchurch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->