****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

i put lemon juice and lemon oil in the icing... really in to citrus things atthe minute!! haven't tried one yet, feel sick from eating so much icing while doing the piping!!

:yipee: for team :pink: Melissa

I have to admit, I wouldn't have got the 3D scan if we were paying for it, too much else to get, but it was fab to see... mine was at 17+5, and although Pip looked rather skinny there were already so many features to see...
I seem to have got the new laptop working :yipee: so hopefully will get the printer/scanner linked up this weekend and will put some ot the better pics on

pleased to report the cupcakes are excellent!! DH reckons we could sell them - the lemon icing was just delicious (even better when eaten with the cupcake as opposed to on its own from the spoon!!) Need to find a container to keep them in now!!
Anyone in UK wathcing Sport Relief? Laugh at Smithy Coach of the Year!

pleased to report the cupcakes are excellent!! DH reckons we could sell them - the lemon icing was just delicious (even better when eaten with the cupcake as opposed to on its own from the spoon!!) Need to find a container to keep them in now!!
Anyone in UK wathcing Sport Relief? Laugh at Smithy Coach of the Year!

Yeah Im watching he was funny, then I cried at the preg women who lose their babies and sometimes die themselves cos of malaria. I decided to donate some cash as feel really bad am spending so much on this little bean and these poor ladies sometimes dont even get to hold their babies. It really got to me :cry:

Also hope MrsP is ok shes hasnt been online today and it was her scan this morning I think.

The scan went great today!!! :cloud9:
It was amazing! Since im only 17+4 we couldn't get much as far as 3D pics go, but we did get to see baby in 2D & 3D and the lady cut our price in half. Said that if we go later in the pregnancy she will cut the price in half then too :thumbup:

And the tech was 100% sure that Little Guppy is a...............................................BOY! There was NO doubt about it! He has one nice size package! :haha:
Mark another one down for team :blue:!!! :happydance:

Csunshine I know what you mean!!! my dh is sick too and it's like he's completely useless...asks me to pick up lemon juice on my way home even when I'm completely shattered from registering for baby stuff (which was fun!). He wants to be babied but so do I because i'm pregnant so it's a funny situation when he's sick.

Guppy I already posted in your journal but congrats on a big boy package!! :rofl:
I've been looking at scans of boy parts and it just makes me more confident that mine's a girl :) I still might get a confirmation scan later on though...

khegidio no idea why they waited so long, I think 20 weeks is standard in Canada but I may be wrong...plus it was a low risk pregnancy so there was no reason for one earlier...believe me I've debated faking cramps and running to emerge a couple of times :rofl:

Mercy I can't wait till people start noticing my bump more! right now I feel like I have to turn sideways for people to "prove" I'm pregnant haha...maybe I should stuff my bump...

holywoodmum: may I have a cupcake please?

Melissa I just found out my aunt has been making fun of my weekly bump pics on FB! Telling everyone I don't have a bump! But I do! I need to find a better angle to get a shot of it!

Just catching up on the thread and I can almost smell those cupcakes - they sound amazing, I'll buy some!

In regards to putting a car seat in the back of my car, I'm a bit worried I'll hurt my back or neck getting a baby in and out as my neck often flares up. Also my mum isn't keen on me having it in the back due to experiences of car crashes involving 3 door cars when she was a paramedic. I'm just not sure whether the front is safe either.

Thinking I may start off with my car and replace it with a 5 door next year.

Congrats on your scan Melissa!

That's not very nice of your aunt!!! I think everyone's bumps are different and it has nothing to do with how big your baby is... and what are you supposed to do about it? even if you eat more your just going to gain more fat, not more bump! Tell your aunt you're proud of your bump!!! :D

Ooh excited today. My mum has just popped round with my Emma's diary freebie bag! It was like christmas seeing what was in there! lol. Just eating the free granola bar that came with it now!

Hope everyone is having a good sat xxx

Hi everyone, Not very nice of your aunt to make fun of your bump pics hun!
I bet they look Fantastic! I put pics up on my FB profile not every week but every couple of weeks, I have a few friends that have been sarcastic so I have just told them to either delete me or click HIDE on the news feed when it comes to my posts! Not in the mood for people bein nasty and spoilin my happy preg vibes!!!!

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!? I have my hubby home and its GREAT!!! I haven't changed one of Rileys nappies all day so far, AND he got me the covers for on the sofa while they are watchin the Rugby this afternoon! lol. I Feel a siesta coming on heehee!
BIG hugs to you all
Nikki B x x x x

I haven't heard from her.

I don't think my aunt was doing it to be mean I didn't take it that way but still I know I am smaller then the average but when I look down at my tum it looks so much bigger! I find the side angles make it look smaller then it is. I can't even fit in my big pants anymore, the ones I had when I was 7 or 8 pounds heavier.

After catching up with the last few pages of posts earlier... I have now made some lemon cupcakes! Yummy!!! :thumbup:
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am doing the sport relief mile tomorrow with my son who is 16 months. Hoping it is not as wet as today!!! Looking forward to a cupcake afterwards as a reward!!!
Loving seeing what everyone is having - whether they are :blue: or :pink:! (We are staying on team :yellow:!) So exciting!

hey girls,

Trying to catch up on all the posts but I am so tired I just cant take it all in so apologies and I will try again tomorrow and respond to all.

Guppy good news on your little man though x

We have been running around like headless chickens for two days! We are totally shattered bith physically and mentally.

Hospital went well although we nearly caved in to finding out the sex but I think that was due to the temptation being under our nose, but the consultant knew we didnt really want to know so she said I'm not telling you.

So far with baby everything looks good but she has booked us in for another scan in 10 weeks time as the heart will be bigger then and easier to see.

Bought a new car today, https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130373948138&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Paid £2950 for it and will be collecting it tomorrow although we drove all the way to the other side of London this evening to veiw another which tund out to be a balls up and ended up buying the one we saw this afternoon, Si says it obviously happened to make our mind up.

I'm not totally happy with it but I think its more getting my head round having a mummy mobil and feel I am using my youth!! haha!

Hope you are all ok and I hall return in the morning bright eyed and bushy tailed! xxxx

YEY Mrs P well done on findin ur car! Its similar to our Scenic, they are amazing and its great how much you can fit into them! even with the pram in the boot!

I am thinkin I may have to bake some cakes now with you all talking about them! hmm?? yumyumyum

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->