****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Aw why? I get teary eyed at the end when the babies are being born and my OH calls me a big softie :haha:

lol... i dunno jus get really emotional & feel like i cant do it... like give birth & stuff... maybe its jus if i have had a bad day to!!... but think yday was my cryin day lol!
x

Most first time mums feel like that, I know I did. But I promise when the time comes you'll be able to do it hun, and its the most amazing feeling holding this little person in yours arms you have been waiting 9 months to meet :cloud9:

Wow so much to catch up on!

No leaky boobs for me just hot swollen bazookas!!!I use an boob spray £3 from Boots its a god send.

I keep feeling hiccups which is really odd.My bump has kinda shrunk a bit but i have been off colour so prob not eaten loads.I have 3 boys names and 1 definite!

Hey to newbies and hugs to you all xxx

awww :) that was sooo sweet lol! i hope i can... im jus nervous its going to be massive lol!! but i no it prob wont.. i jus gonna have to try stop worrying!!

& eoz i cant think of any names... i got one for each but dont even feel like i really love them i dont think :S x

my mama had 5 babies and she said the smaller ones hurt the most! She said the bigger babies were the easiest deliveries. She attributes that to "extra padding" on the bean :D Says that smaller babies dont have as much "cushioning", more bony = more hurt LOL

4 babies later and i can say the big ones bloody hurt!!

lol that makes sense actually all there bones stickin in u! but with a bigger baby they have more fat :D hehe

LOL they are all going to hurt, just some do better with labour than others and some get epidurals. LOL

I have yet to decide which one I'm doing this go as did it O natural last time, well 10mg of nubane then it shut off my contractions so then got the lovely pictocin and it got cranked up so really not sure of everything just yet???

So nice to see you about Eoz! Should try and eat something and get your strength up!:thumbup:

csunshine did it not hurt with jus nothing?
i wanted gas & air but its meant to make u feel drunk & stuff :(
i think i would like a water birth but not sure... x

csunshine did it not hurt with jus nothing?
i wanted gas & air but its meant to make u feel drunk & stuff :(
i think i would like a water birth but not sure... x

It hurt but it wasn't a bad hurt and I tolerated it very well and once it was over OMG as all other mothers on here will tell you I truly forgot about the pain. It wasn't bad at all. :nope:

I am just going in with an open mind. I am going to try as much as I can without an epidural. If my labor is too long then I might just cave and get an epidural. I am definitely not opposed to the pain medicine.... but I do want to see how far I can make it without it. Maybe if I am fast enough I will make it all the way!

I don't believe that epidurals in any way interfere with your ability to bond with your baby immediately after birth.

I believe that God gave us people smart enough to invent and perfect these things so we would not have to suffer so much. Why not use modern technology??

yh people say they forget the pain after as its amazing having ur baby actually there :)
looking at them & holding them knowing there yours!!! :O omg i cant wait lol!!

and if i need a epidural im having one lol!
but im not going to have too many drugs & things wel i hope i wont lol x

it is a pain soonest forgotten yes x

It all depends on mummy to.I go by the old wives tale of shoe size to cervix size.I'm a 6 and struggle to push anything over 7 and a half lb out.My 6lb baby was a joy.3 hrs no pain relief!My 8lber bloody hell that was hard and only did it on gas n air although i had 50 stitches!

I am just going in with an open mind. I am going to try as much as I can without an epidural. If my labor is too long then I might just cave and get an epidural. I am definitely not opposed to the pain medicine.... but I do want to see how far I can make it without it. Maybe if I am fast enough I will make it all the way!

I don't believe that epidurals in any way interfere with your ability to bond with your baby immediately after birth.

I believe that God gave us people smart enough to invent and perfect these things so we would not have to suffer so much. Why not use modern technology??

YEAH!

I'm not opposed to pain meds either! I did have some nubane and it shut it all down so not sure how my body will react if I get pain meds again so will try for as long as possible without. :shrug:

I wish we could have a water birth here but it's not an option.

LOL mine is a size 9 1/2 LOL but that's US so I don't know the conversion but HELL NO I don't want a 9lb baby!!!!!:nope:

Sunshine i guess that's a 7/8?

Aiimee ummm ouch he he x

Hello ladies,

My right one leaks - but only overnight I guess as I wake up with a little patch :haha:

Philly I am sorry to hear about your friend.....it is so hard when we know how difficult it can be ttc and somebody just disregards it all like that.....

MrsP - boys names are hard. I don't know our team yet but current boy name is Finley/Finlay (I don't know how to spell it right? :dohh:) I also like Jacob, Matthew, ermmmm will have a look at my book when I get in wrote down a lot I was considering :haha:

Two sleeps til scan I wonder if they will be able to tell what we're having? So excited to see bubs again!

They are so hard.

Even closer to your scan now!! :happydance:

Ladies.... I have not experienced any leaky boobs. I must say that I am glad for that :)

Philly - I am going to try and be nice about your friend (or perhaps ex-friend). It really infuriates me when I hear stories like that. For those of you that have experienced a loss or for those of us that have experienced difficulties in even getting this far - I know we all appreciate the special gift we have inside of us. It is very frustrating and sad to know that there are people out there that just take it for granted. GRRRR. But - I am also a big believer in Karma.

Mrs. P - boys names are tougher than girls. I think we have decided on Jacob Keith as a first and Middle name. What are you deciding between. Maybe you should post a poll :)

We have decided on John as a middle name, Its Si's dad's name. We have 4 possible but nothing that really does it for us, Albert (after my late grandad), Matthew, Michael and William.

William is Si's fav and Matthew is mine.

Hey!! can i join? MW has changed my due date to 30th august! got 20wk scan on 12th and cant wait to find out :)

xx

Hello and Welcome :hi: I shall add you to the front page x

Welcome MissO.

AAAHHHHH will this day ever end??? I am so sleepy today I cannot seem to wake up. Might be that I went to bed at 8:30 last night and was up at 4:30 this morning.

I am on a business trip right now and I don't have much to do in the evenings so I decided to go to bed early. Then I got a call from my sister early this morning at 4:30. She delivered her baby girl this morning with only 3 hours of labor!! If I can only be that lucky!! I hope it runs in the family. She had a 9lb 12 oz. baby girl named Rowan.

BIG BABY!! Wow - hopefully that will not run in the family. :) She went so fast too that she could not have an epidural. WOW!

Congratulations hon to you and your family.

Wow so much to catch up on!

No leaky boobs for me just hot swollen bazookas!!!I use an boob spray £3 from Boots its a god send.

I keep feeling hiccups which is really odd.My bump has kinda shrunk a bit but i have been off colour so prob not eaten loads.I have 3 boys names and 1 definite!

Hey to newbies and hugs to you all xxx

Well? Reeal please Missy xx

wel im only a size 4 !!! lol x

thats makes two of us Aiimme, but I managed an 8 hour labour with Eleanor, no probs, so fingers crossed we'll both be ok x even with little feet! :rofl:

As for me, been shopping with my mummy today, had a lovely day. She has been in Goa for a month, well 35 days. So we had a good catch up and I took her for a spin in my new mummy mobil.

Eleanor is soundo, Si is out watching the football. My friend is coming tomorrow so got a few things ready and had a lovely bath to soak my axhey bum cheek which has been playing up today, now watching on born every minute. Think I shall make a cuppa in a minute and take it off to bed and watch the rest in bed.

Have a long day tomorrow going to see my nan before picking Nadine up from the airport.

If I dont get on, good luck with scans over next couple of days and I will do updates on front page asap.

oooo, I lost 3 1/2 lb!!! :happydance: Just dont seem to be hungry with the pregnancy, although I'm not purposely not eating just dont seem to want it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->