****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

my friends used these (well, similar to what they have, there are different styles):

Nursing covers:

Nursing_Cover_MED.jpg

Once you get used to feeding, no one will even be able to tell there is a baby there with your boobie whipped out LOL. Besides the fact that you are covered, ppl wouldn't know. everything is "hidden" well.

But a good alternative is what you said, expressing and putting them in bottles. Just remember how less convenient that will be. (cuz then you gotta warm the bottle, pack the bottle, etc). But its still a very good idea if you dont feel comfortable nursing in public.

my boobs have been leaking since 17 weeks....today the leakage turned gold LOL...DH said last night that my boobs are heavier :blush: he caught on before i did! :dohh:

lol guppy they prob look at our boobs more then we do lol!!
mine have a twinge feeling sometimes before they leak :(
i got breast pads now but keep forgettin to put them down there lol!!

& them nursing covers look like a good idea :)
& yh thats true about the bottle... its jus easier to get ur boob out lol!

x

Hey Ladies, hope you all had a great easter and didnt eat too much choc choc as my 2 year old calls it?? lol
As I have to monitor blood sugars unfortunately a mass choc binge is not on the agenda for me! booooo have to nibble a bit now and again!!
been so busy over easter as we are decorating the living room, and once thats done we have to totally re-do 2 bedrooms due to little pink bumpy!

I hope zoe is ok, thanks for updating us again mrsp!

As for boobie feeding a lot of malls have rooms in the bathrooms out here for it and you can always go to the family washroom. I would bring one of those covers and just have at her or pump in advance. I am not to worried about it, more worried I won't produce enough milk or something like that.

:hugs: GBHs Eoz, I'm sure they will figure out the best way to make sure everyone is comfortable. Hopefully it doesn't take them much longer.

Very sorry, long rant.

So I just had my prenatal appointment and then my 20 wk scan. We heard bubs HB and it is still going strong which was very reassuring. I have lost 7 lbs which the nurse was impressed with and the Dr wasn't worried about, so I will be happy about it! The appointment was great....

The scan was horrible!! I have always hated that u/s place and now I never want to go back. My DH (who is wonderful and has come with me to all of my appointments and scans) was told he wasn't allowed to come in until after the technician was done taking the measurements.... they have never asked him to wait outside before and it made me a little uncomfortable. Then she purposefully turned the screen so I couldn't see anything! She finally called my DH in 20 mins later and continued scanning. I waited 5 more mins and asked her if I was going to get to see MY baby.... It was rediculous! Then she *barely* turned the screen and showed me the baby's spine....that's it! I was thinking it was all ok because I would get a CD with all of the pics and could gawk at them all night. I did make sure to ask if she had gotten a potty shot and she said "Oh, you want to know the sex?" It was only the first bloody thing I said when I got in the room!!!! :dohh: She told me she got a couple shots but wasn't sure the gender "it is harder to tell this early"...at 21 weeks...

We were done, I went to put my shirt back on and I sent hubby to get the CD....apparently they were having computer issues and we wouldn't be able to get one. They told us to come back at a later date to request it again.

The Dr. offered to send me for my scan at 17 wks but I wanted to make sure that I would be able to find out the gender, I didn't want to chance it by going too early. And I don't want to have too many scans because I don't think it is good for bub and I don't like the pressure they put on my tummy. So I waited 4 extra weeks and all I got to see was my baby's spine. I cried the whole way home in the car. I am soooo disappointed and I have no idea when I will be able to get the CD! :cry:

I know people are having much bigger issues than I am and I don't want to detract from those people. If this seems trivial I am sorry, it's just been 8 weeks since I got to see my baby and I was so excited for today, it was total sh*t.

Fooshfoosh that sucks! Can you afford to get a private one done? Or ask do for another scan? They can tell gender for sure at 21 weeks but she might not have gotten a good look, however it sounds to me like she was just being a bitch. I had one of those for my 18 week scan but thankfully she couldn't get all the measurements so I had to go back and got someone nicer. As for asking DH to stay out thats not uncommon, he has had to wait for all my scans it just depends on what the tech prefers.

Hiya, I've been hiding for a while but thought it was about time I came and caught up with all you August ladies again!

Really hope Zoe is Ok and that things finally get sorted. Sending big hugs and positive thoughts x

Am also getting a bit worried after reading your posts that maybe I have put on too much weight as have gained 12lb in 21wks and am now 9st. Guess I'll have some work to dp after LO arrives!

I had my 20 wk scan a week ago and it went really well, except that baby wouldn't cooperate at the end for pictures. The tech wanted to try and get baby to move but I was so close to peeing myself I said not to worry and ran out to the bathroom. So I don't have the best picture, but we got a good look on the screen the whole time... and it's definately a BOY!!!

lol guppy they prob look at our boobs more then we do lol!!
mine have a twinge feeling sometimes before they leak :(
i got breast pads now but keep forgettin to put them down there lol!!

& them nursing covers look like a good idea :)
& yh thats true about the bottle... its jus easier to get ur boob out lol!

x

I bottle fed Eleanor and found it so conveinient for us it just worked. She went through the night from 9 weeks and promptly put in her own room then too.

Having not breast fed my self I cant compare, but bottle feeding is not the hassle I think it can sometimes be led to be believed.

:hugs: GBHs Eoz, I'm sure they will figure out the best way to make sure everyone is comfortable. Hopefully it doesn't take them much longer.

Very sorry, long rant.

So I just had my prenatal appointment and then my 20 wk scan. We heard bubs HB and it is still going strong which was very reassuring. I have lost 7 lbs which the nurse was impressed with and the Dr wasn't worried about, so I will be happy about it! The appointment was great....

The scan was horrible!! I have always hated that u/s place and now I never want to go back. My DH (who is wonderful and has come with me to all of my appointments and scans) was told he wasn't allowed to come in until after the technician was done taking the measurements.... they have never asked him to wait outside before and it made me a little uncomfortable. Then she purposefully turned the screen so I couldn't see anything! She finally called my DH in 20 mins later and continued scanning. I waited 5 more mins and asked her if I was going to get to see MY baby.... It was rediculous! Then she *barely* turned the screen and showed me the baby's spine....that's it! I was thinking it was all ok because I would get a CD with all of the pics and could gawk at them all night. I did make sure to ask if she had gotten a potty shot and she said "Oh, you want to know the sex?" It was only the first bloody thing I said when I got in the room!!!! :dohh: She told me she got a couple shots but wasn't sure the gender "it is harder to tell this early"...at 21 weeks...

We were done, I went to put my shirt back on and I sent hubby to get the CD....apparently they were having computer issues and we wouldn't be able to get one. They told us to come back at a later date to request it again.

The Dr. offered to send me for my scan at 17 wks but I wanted to make sure that I would be able to find out the gender, I didn't want to chance it by going too early. And I don't want to have too many scans because I don't think it is good for bub and I don't like the pressure they put on my tummy. So I waited 4 extra weeks and all I got to see was my baby's spine. I cried the whole way home in the car. I am soooo disappointed and I have no idea when I will be able to get the CD! :cry:

I know people are having much bigger issues than I am and I don't want to detract from those people. If this seems trivial I am sorry, it's just been 8 weeks since I got to see my baby and I was so excited for today, it was total sh*t.

Sounds awlful if you cant afford a priate one is there any way that you can cause one hell of a stink and make a complaint and see if they can give you another appointment. Has to be worth a shot. x

I hope zoe is ok, thanks for updating us again mrsp!

As for boobie feeding a lot of malls have rooms in the bathrooms out here for it and you can always go to the family washroom. I would bring one of those covers and just have at her or pump in advance. I am not to worried about it, more worried I won't produce enough milk or something like that.

We dont really haev much like that at all where we are, you would have to use the covers the girls were talking about above if you felt uncomfortable but we are not offered anything like that, so thats quite good. x

Hiya, I've been hiding for a while but thought it was about time I came and caught up with all you August ladies again!

Really hope Zoe is Ok and that things finally get sorted. Sending big hugs and positive thoughts x

Am also getting a bit worried after reading your posts that maybe I have put on too much weight as have gained 12lb in 21wks and am now 9st. Guess I'll have some work to dp after LO arrives!

I had my 20 wk scan a week ago and it went really well, except that baby wouldn't cooperate at the end for pictures. The tech wanted to try and get baby to move but I was so close to peeing myself I said not to worry and ran out to the bathroom. So I don't have the best picture, but we got a good look on the screen the whole time... and it's definately a BOY!!!

Excellent news on scan, I shall update the front page.

With regards to weight I really wouldnt worry too much. As log as you know you are not eating loads of all the wrong things your body will do what it needs too. Still I dont think 12lb in that space of time is too bad. You think you're half way through and they say about 24lb for a whole pregnancy so wouldnt malke you above average x :hugs:

Goodness, i really hope Eoz is ok. Let's hope they can finally do something for her now xxx

Hope Eoz, and the little one are both ok. Thinking of them!
I've been away for the Easter weekend and it has just taken me ages to catch up with all the threads!!! So a belated Happy Easter everyone!!! :dohh:
I have had 2 days in the last 5 that I haven't been sick so I am hoping that the sickness is maybe slowing down a bit! fingers crossed!
This pregnancy is going SO slowly! I have my scan next wednesday, staying on team :yellow: so I am hoping it maybe speeds up a bit after that!!! Know you shouldn't wish your life away and I'll want time to slow down once bubs is here but time is just dragging!!!! And I just want to meet my bubs!!! Rant over!!!
Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

Thanks MrsP. My diet is pretty varied but I think I'm eating a bit more than I used to. Just figured the second half of the pregnancy would involve the most weight gain so started getting a bit worried, especially as you ladies have put on so little!

Thanks Jetters! Was convinced it was a girl (not sure why) but I'm thrilled.

Hi, Sorry I'm really late joining! I am useless. he he PLEASE can I join - expecting Baby no.1 approx 23rd August 2010. I CANT WAIT!!!!

have our 20 week scan on friday - anxious and excited at the same time.

dont know to find out what we're haveing, migh make it more real if I know - does that make sense to anyone else.???

Anyway congrats to all the August mommies and daddies in here (and everyone else of course)

welcome hon, have added you to the front page xx

Hi trying41st. I totally understand where you're coming from. That's why we found out - also because I wanted to be prepared. Everyone's diffetent though.

Hope baby cooperates if you decide you do want to know the sex on friday! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->