****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Just peeked at the first page and done a quick tally...

BOYS: 28
GIRLS: 19
Team Yellow: 22

Obviously these are just the people who have confirmed, right Mrs P?

Boys seem to be taking the lead here don't they! x

hehe!
i said to my dad the other day i want to loose my belly by october.. he was like u dont do anything to loose it!
which is true.... but i have always been a size 6 & jus eat anythin really... so maybe it might jus go on its own lol!

x

:haha: just make sure you use your booby juice! :rofl:
But seriously, EVERYONE i know who has breastfed, lost the weight months before those who didn't AND they lost more of the weight as compared to those who didn't breastfeed. In fact, most of the woman i know who do take advantage of their breast milk, lose more weight than those who do not, and they weigh less than they did pre-pregnancy. So that will surely help :thumbup:

It can help, but you still need to eat right and excersize. People seem to think BFing magically makes you lose weight and it really doesn't, it does make your uterus contract faster, which I think it something women think is making them smaller quicker. There are plenty of women on this site who BF and are still much heavier then PP months later.

I only tried to bf for a month with Jasmine and I was back down to just about what I weighed PP with very little effort in a few months.

Some people just lose quickly, and others dont ;)

any news on zoe yet

i'm glad your baby has turned poor mite did look squashed sorry your in pain hunny i hope the docs can fix you up real soon

mrsp will you pass a message on saying i'm thinking of her and hope shes better soon and to enjoy the bed rest for the time being :hugs: cheers

Hi ladies!
About time I checked back in here really!
Had 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and we're having a boy and a girl (so I don't tip the scales either way!!). All is well and they both enjoy having a party in my belly, so they're keeping active and hubby has felt them both!

Hope everyone is well! :happydance:

I've been ok apart from SPD, which is quite painful at the moment... otherwise I'm feeling fine and my appetite has finally returned with a vengeance so the weight is finally starting to pile on!

Hope to catch up with everyone soon.... :flower:

I found out on Thursday i am having a little boy too! I'm due the 16th august but am not on the front page.

I had a girls name picked already but no boys names! We cannot seem to agree on any at all at the mo - i know i shouldnt worry too much yet as we have ages to look.

anyone got any names yet? x

well............ helloooooo!!! I dunno I go away for a week and theres hundreds of posts to catch up on lol.

Hope Eoz is ok? so stressfull for her, thinking of her and her beautiful baby x
hi to all newbies x and congrats to all who are confirmed team pink or blue x

I am still team yellow, we had our scan this morning and all seems perfect with my little one x He or she is sat in the breech position at the min but lots of time to turn around x My DS was breech untill almost the end so i am not too worried x

I cant believe how BIG he or she looks compared to even a few weeks ago when I was scanned! Had all my blood results back too and all normal so its all good!
I am feeling really good at the min so starting to enjoy feeling pregnant, baby is kicking harder every day but my placenta is partially anterior, so thats why I only feel them at the sides and lower down! she said where it is at the min, it may easily end up being stretched to the top to let me feel more at the front of my bump!

Hugs to all x x
Sorry I havent done personal comments for everyones posts but after a week away I would be here all day typing away haha!
BUT Lucy, the Rocky Horror Show thing sounds fab! hope it was good fun x x

Update from Zoe: Hey i have to stay again. The fibroid is bleeding and tryin to break away.i will be seeing a physio tomorrow to get some support to manage the pain and make my life better.Baby is fine and dandy though x x

Just peeked at the first page and done a quick tally...

BOYS: 28
GIRLS: 19
Team Yellow: 22

Obviously these are just the people who have confirmed, right Mrs P?

Sure is hon. I keep bumping the other thread, just to remind people we are here and to keep us updated. Those storks have ben falling through the door eh?

Boys seem to be taking the lead here don't they! x

Nice to see you here Hope. How are you feeling? x

any news on zoe yet

i'm glad your baby has turned poor mite did look squashed sorry your in pain hunny i hope the docs can fix you up real soon

mrsp will you pass a message on saying i'm thinking of her and hope shes better soon and to enjoy the bed rest for the time being :hugs: cheers

Just done update hon
Hi ladies!
About time I checked back in here really!
Had 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and we're having a boy and a girl (so I don't tip the scales either way!!). All is well and they both enjoy having a party in my belly, so they're keeping active and hubby has felt them both!

Hope everyone is well! :happydance:

I've been ok apart from SPD, which is quite painful at the moment... otherwise I'm feeling fine and my appetite has finally returned with a vengeance so the weight is finally starting to pile on!

Hope to catch up with everyone soon.... :flower:

Loely, one of each. I have updated the front page. You have the hard work of having to choose two names and DH and I cant even get one right x

I found out on Thursday i am having a little boy too! I'm due the 16th august but am not on the front page.

I had a girls name picked already but no boys names! We cannot seem to agree on any at all at the mo - i know i shouldnt worry too much yet as we have ages to look.

anyone got any names yet? x

I have added you on the front page. We have a couple but nothing set in stone. :pink: Katie, Lucy or Amelia and :blue: Matthew, William & Henry

well............ helloooooo!!! I dunno I go away for a week and theres hundreds of posts to catch up on lol.

Hope Eoz is ok? so stressfull for her, thinking of her and her beautiful baby x
hi to all newbies x and congrats to all who are confirmed team pink or blue x

I am still team yellow, we had our scan this morning and all seems perfect with my little one x He or she is sat in the breech position at the min but lots of time to turn around x My DS was breech untill almost the end so i am not too worried x

I cant believe how BIG he or she looks compared to even a few weeks ago when I was scanned! Had all my blood results back too and all normal so its all good!
I am feeling really good at the min so starting to enjoy feeling pregnant, baby is kicking harder every day but my placenta is partially anterior, so thats why I only feel them at the sides and lower down! she said where it is at the min, it may easily end up being stretched to the top to let me feel more at the front of my bump!

Hugs to all x x
Sorry I havent done personal comments for everyones posts but after a week away I would be here all day typing away haha!
BUT Lucy, the Rocky Horror Show thing sounds fab! hope it was good fun x x

Hey chick, not seen you for a few days. Glad scan went well and big up the team yellow xxx

AFM didnt get the ironing done yesterday so cracking on with it now and then need to go have a fight with the bed covers. Just got back from swimming with Eleanor so she is a tired little bunny.

Si is out tonight, so looks like it you and me girls and a quiet night in xxx

Thanks for the update MrsP! Please let her know she and the little one are in all our prayers! :hugs:

Welcome new August Mommies! I can't believe we have so many more boys than girls :dohh: Oh well I guess it goes that way sometimes :thumbup:

Foosh so sorry you had a crap u/s tech :hugs: hope you get you cd soon!

Mercy glad your scan went well and good for you staying team yellow!:thumbup:

I know I've missed a bunch of you but tbh I read about 5 pages and my preggo brain has kicked in full time :dohh:

afm DH and I were laying on the bed watching the news last night when I took his hand and put it on my tummy and the little man kicked :cloud9:, boy did he ever have a shit eating grin on his face, in fact it was still there this morning. LOL Now just get DD to be able to feel the baby move and we're golden!:thumbup:

Hope you all have a wonderful day!:hugs:

My thoughts are with zoe to of course.

Yay for boy team winning! lol, I was an august baby pink team back in the day! lol.

Not much going on for me, exams coming up and work and class is keeping me busy. I have been enjoying my lay ins till 11ish most mornings! I won't get anymore of them after this semester, well not that many anyway.

Well Mart has taken over the tv tonight as his beloved ManU are playing :-(. It's his first night shift tonight which i hate. Can't sleep when i'm in on my own so have shipped madre in on the sofa bed! I know i'm a wuss but it's a fear i just can't shift.

Had a lovely day doing not a thing. Me and Mart just slobbed out all day, was great! Hope everyone has had a good day, hello to all the newcomers and MrsP thanks for keeping us posted on Eoz. I really hope the pain eases for her soon! xxx

Just a reminder girls of our facebook page too, will add link to the front page

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/group.php?gid=305811875846&ref=ts

21 weeks today yayyyyy!!!

i have my scan on monday so should be finding out the sex, fingers crossed his /her legs are open!!
and if a babies legs are crossed i automatically assume it must be a girl, anyone agree?

and if a babies legs are crossed i automatically assume it must be a girl, anyone agree?

Could be a girl, but in my experience, crossed legs dont mean anything. I dont think that sort of thing is related to the sex of the baby. Just how baby feels comfy.
At 12 weeks, 16 weeks, and 20 weeks my little man's legs were crossed...tight! And we are FOR sure he is a boy :blue: (finally decided to uncross them during my private 17 week scan. Thank God. LOL)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->