****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Mine were crossed to but we're having a boy to so can't be true!

I think the only true way to tell if it's a girl or a boy is looking between the legs!!! haha it seems like all the other "old wives tales" only hold true about half the time, which is the same as just guessing 50/50!

I think the only true way to tell if it's a girl or a boy is looking between the legs!!! haha it seems like all the other "old wives tales" only hold true about half the time, which is the same as just guessing 50/50!

True that! Haha. Do you remember i did about 30 old wives tales in my preggie journal? I only had about 2-4 of them say :blue:! All the rest were :pink: LOL :dohh:

Hello all! Happy to hear people had a relaxing day today.

I hope that Eoz gets to go home all fixed up soon-ish. Very glad to hear the LO is doing well though!

Congrats to those who have had their scans and moved into new weeks! Welcome and congrats to the "new" mamas!

Our scan update:
DH and I complained and they told us to come back in, we said we would go to one of the other locations and they were fine with that. When we got there I couldn't believe it but it was the same woman from yesterday!! :dohh: Just my luck.... again no results.

(BTW our baby had ankles crossed, knees together)

So we forked over the money for a private scan, it was wonderful! We just went for the gender determination, so we didn't get any pics (we managed to get the CD from yesterday) but the tech was so nice and friendly. She told us the gender of the baby within 1 minute of putting the wand on my tum, then spent another 10 mins or so showing us *every* part of baby from all different angles.

Very happy to finally report we are on :blue: TEAM BLUE :blue: !!!! SO excited, we have 2 nieces, so this will be the first grandson & nephew on both sides of the family.

That's great Foosh! Could you tell what you were looking at each time on the screen? Sometimes I could, but others no matter how much the US tech explained, I could't get it. Amazing though isn't it? x

Good luck for Monday Aimee and congratulations on your blue bumps girls I have updated the front page.

Well the sun is shining here this morning which is nice, although a little chilly but really cant complain.

Few little jobs to do this morning and then we are off out at 10.30 to go meet 2 friends and their babies, we are off to soft play and for lunch although the whether is so nice I wish were were doing something outside, but gets them out all the same.

Such a lovely feeling its Thursday already. Hope you have a good day girls xxx

o o o

23 weeks for me today :yipee:

So 17 weeks to go eh girls, gosh that sounds like it will come round so quick, but I like to count down from 19 weeks to save any disappointment if baby is late.

Its what I did with Eleanor from te start just saved that whole should be here by now and kept me positive.

:happydance:I'm so excited!!!!:happydance:

Woohoo for 23 weeks Mrs P!!! :happydance:
I keep thinking I'll be half way at the weekend - 20 weeks - but if Lucas is anything to go by I should really count 21 weeks as half way!!! :dohh:

Yay for 23 weeks MrsP!!!!!!!!!!! Gosh that seems ages away for me....

Technically i have only 17 weeks left to go to as will be induced at 38 weeks! Eeeek! I remember moaning at 10 weeks saying this seems to be going sooooooo slow! Now it's turned into a super fast train ride!!!

So had a crap night sleep, Mart being on nights sucks big time so am so tired this morning. He came in, said hello and is now snoring his head off. Me and Brian are enjoying the wonderful sunshine this morning, he's bathing in it as i write this! lol.

Got docs appointment this morning as still in alot of pain from the crash so going to get everything checked out then i don't know what to do with myself, i'm trying to ban shopping on my own as i spend way too much! However last night i did order the moses basket from Mamas and Papas as it was 30% off and ends sat, so i just had to get it! lol.

Hope everyone has a lovely day xxx

How comes you're getting induced hon?

Good luck at the doctors hope he can be of help. Saw your pics of brian last night, he is soooooooo cute! xx

Because of my diabetes, could be problems if i go past 38 weeks. As long as bub is ok then the sooner the better as got a feeling it's gona be a hot one this summer!

Doc has sent me to the physio, managed to get an appointment for next thursday which i was shocked at! Hope they can help me poor back!

Brian is a gem isn't he! I swear he has a human personality! He is still sunbathing at the mo so i will leave him till it's walkies time. Thanks for the add as well MrsP, it's nice to see the actual person behind the screen name! Loved the babyshower pictures, the cakes looked fab!!!! xxx

morning ladies still no internet at home gonna ring orange today an find out whats goin on it taken far too long and iv had enough! We are off to wales for a few days tomorrow which should be nice as weather is lookin fab, gonna spend today sorting out and packing i think :)

Congrats Foosh for team Blue!! And Mrs P for 23 weeks!!

The top of my tum under my boobs is getting so hard and high now that its like a ledge! Ouchie!

Congrats Foosh for team Blue!! And Mrs P for 23 weeks!!

The top of my tum under my boobs is getting so hard and high now that its like a ledge! Ouchie!

I wonder what that was as it's happening to me! I think my bump is high up as it's all hard from just under belly button upwards. Hope this is normal???? xxx

Midwife told me two days ago that Bean comes up to just above my belly button- thats the official 'bump' and the bump above it (under my boobs!) is all of my organs being squished up there to make room for the baby!!

What a lovely day, just been out with mogster on his trike, he loved it :thumbup:

Hadnt realised had been missing this thread :dohh: we are on team blue MrsP. Long passed out halfway point of last time, in fact a good 5 weeks past, just my luck this one will go to 42 weeks and will be pregnant for extra 7 weeks :nope:

Its all getting exciting now though and ordered the buggy this morning!:yipee:

:hi: Jetters

Afternoon everyone x
Well, I am absolutely shattered today! I have had a bangng headache for the past 24 hours and its making me a very grumpy lady! I had to give in and take Paracetamol which I hate doing!
My little boy has a viral infection and his temp is up around 39-40 degrees so I am thinkin I may be in for what he has! Boooooooo :0(

Anyways, Baby is kicking and wriggling away loads now, and I am pleased that I can feel so much even with an anterior placenta! although its only partkly at teh front so thats probs why, I am making up for my 2 and a half stone weight loss during my hyperemisis haha, I am averaging about a pound a week now in weight gain,(2lb last week when we were staying at my mums house lol).
I still feel a bit wibbly wobbly and so I am looking forward to my bump reaching the point where it is lovely and round and harder!

Congrats to those reaching 21,22,23,24 weeks I love passing the milestones along the way!
Sending love and luck to Eoz and her little one x
Nikki x x x x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"