****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

:hi: Zoe! Im so glad you're back and that you and bean and are well :)

Well tomorrow is my baby shower! :yipee:
I can't wait! so excited! Keeping my Fx'ed that it wont rain! Its at my moms house (my sisters throwing it for me). i totally am excited to be outside. There is a huge deck that overlooks a stream and a pond and frankly im excited for the nice weather!...finally!

P.S. my little man is fluttering much harder. Havn't had a real kick for about 2 weeks now, but the fluttering is getting strong! I was able to see tiny movement yesterday...every time i asked the DH to come over and look, he would stop! ....i think we have a jokester on my hands! LOL

Hope you had a good baby shower today Guppy and you enjoyed it

Welcome home Eoz x x
Good luck Guppy for the baby shower x x

I have had a chilled day with lots of kicking and wriggling in my bump, Hubby and DS have been baking Cookies and making a horrendous mess, but it was lovely watching them cooking together! and the end results were yummy!!!!!

I am starting to sort through abby things from Riley and getting an idea of what we need, We're getting a Mama's and Pappa's Cot through the Army which is pretty cool, we dont have to pay anything to it. I had known when we had Riley that they did them, but was too snobby to get one. But I saw my mates one the other day and its a Beautiful dark wood mamas and pappas one! I was Tres impressed lol!

We're gunna buy the Obaby Zezu Pram system with the car seat that matches! and I imagine I will treat little one to a few new outfits even tho Rileys things are perfectly ok lol. I am a shopaholic when it come to baby things! haha!

Whats everyone else bought so far?

Is Reily feeling better now?

I havent had to buy much cos of haing eerything from Eleanor, although bought a double pram/buggy Firstwheels City Twin, some 2nd hand furniture for the nursery and need to get some baby monitors as still want to use E's with her. x
Hi everyone, I'm new here and I'm due on Aug 24th with my 3rd baby. May I join your group?[/QUOTE

Welcome hon :hi: I shall add you to the front page

Hey anyone heard of or used the miracle tens machine? Its supposed to help with the pelvic floor muscles as well... If you're planing to use one which?

I hired a tens machine when I had Eleanor, dont remember the make though, but either way it was fabulous.

AFM, I am whacked!!! Had SIL here today and we went for lunch which was really nice whilst Si, BIL and the boys went to watch the football and then we all had dinner together, but hav been on the go since 7am and now I am shattered. I was sound asleep last night in bed by 9.30pm.

Weather has been nice here today, hoping it will tomorrow too, hoping for the furst BBQ of the year.

How is everyones weekend? x

Weather was pretty nice in London as well, I was jelously peeking at the neighbors BBQ's! Far too tired with all the usual sat stuff to do- cleaning, shopping etc.. And same here was fast asleep by 9 last night! And I havent even got half your work load.. MrsP only 2 annoying chihuahuas and a hubby with an appetite.
I'm comforted to know theres yet hope with the TENS if you found it good.. might post a thread and ask everyone..

Welcome home Eoz x x

I have had a chilled day with lots of kicking and wriggling in my bump, Hubby and DS have been baking Cookies and making a horrendous mess, but it was lovely watching them cooking together! and the end results were yummy!!!!!

I am starting to sort through abby things from Riley and getting an idea of what we need, We're getting a Mama's and Pappa's Cot through the Army which is pretty cool, we dont have to pay anything to it. I had known when we had Riley that they did them, but was too snobby to get one. But I saw my mates one the other day and its a Beautiful dark wood mamas and pappas one! I was Tres impressed lol!

We're gunna buy the Obaby Zezu Pram system with the car seat that matches! and I imagine I will treat little one to a few new outfits even tho Rileys things are perfectly ok lol. I am a shopaholic when it come to baby things! haha!

I havent had to buy much cos of haing eerything from Eleanor, although bought a double pram/buggy Firstwheels City Twin, some 2nd hand furniture for the nursery and need to get some baby monitors as still want to use E's with her. x

He has still had a temp today, and been a bit grumpy but fingers crossed he is on the mend now! we managed to go out for a walk and an ice cream in the sunshine this afternoon so must be a good sign!
I still use a monitor with riley too, I didnt know if I should stop now as he is almost 2. I quite like the reassurence it gives me having it on as I can never hear him when he is in bed and we're downstairs! So we might buy a second one!

Had a touch of brownish discharge again this morning with some pink! I think that its all clear again now tho so fingers crossed! MW doesnt seem concerned as I have been feeling tonnes of kicks and got a clear HB on my Doppler!
Hope everyones weekend is going well x

Nik x

Wow that was a lot of pages to read, welcome to the new girls!

and now I blank..... right! The belly! I can not hide mine anymore, happened about a week ago it just got big! But not stick out further big but higher big which makes it more noticeable. Heart burn for me is gone and so are belly aches to! Yay!

Had a busy couple of days 17 hours b/w 2 jobs yesterday and another 10 at the opening of our store today - it was bonkers! Over 600 people in line to get in at one point! Eek! My feet hurt so much, need insoles. Was moving so much barely felt baby all day and now he must be sleeping. Coworkers know now that I am pg, lots asked me how far along I was and even the customers did to so I am out of the "is she or isn't she" phase for the most part.

Have lots of BnB to catch up on! Oh and also got my diaper bag from work as it was 70% off and therefore affordable!

Hey there!

I know I don't post a lot in here but I just wanted to let you know so you can update for me!

I had a re-scan yesterday and I am on team :pink: :happydance:

YAY! I am just so happy that my baby girl is doing great! Everything is looking good. I am so relieved after my sad loss last year at 17 weeks.

Hey there!

I know I don't post a lot in here but I just wanted to let you know so you can update for me!

YAY! I am just so happy that my baby girl is doing great! Everything is looking good. I am so relieved after my sad loss last year at 17 weeks.

Congrats on a healthy baby girl and I'm sorry about your loss.

Weather was pretty nice in London as well, I was jelously peeking at the neighbors BBQ's! Far too tired with all the usual sat stuff to do- cleaning, shopping etc.. And same here was fast asleep by 9 last night! And I havent even got half your work load.. MrsP only 2 annoying chihuahuas and a hubby with an appetite.
I'm comforted to know theres yet hope with the TENS if you found it good.. might post a thread and ask everyone..

Honest I found the tens machine just fab. I used this company to hire one.

https://www.tensmachinedirect.co.uk/

My mw advised me most people who dont get the use from them is down to not using it correctly as such. She said as soon as ypu get the slightest twinge is when it goes on, not when you really have it going on as the tens cant do the job as well as it is supposed too. Will definately be getting one this time round xxx
I'm on team pink! xx

Excellent :kiss: will update

Welcome home Eoz x x

He has still had a temp today, and been a bit grumpy but fingers crossed he is on the mend now! we managed to go out for a walk and an ice cream in the sunshine this afternoon so must be a good sign!
I still use a monitor with riley too, I didnt know if I should stop now as he is almost 2. I quite like the reassurence it gives me having it on as I can never hear him when he is in bed and we're downstairs! So we might buy a second one!

Had a touch of brownish discharge again this morning with some pink! I think that its all clear again now tho so fingers crossed! MW doesnt seem concerned as I have been feeling tonnes of kicks and got a clear HB on my Doppler!
Hope everyones weekend is going well x

Nik x

Oh good, bless him. Its horrid isnt it when they are poorly. F'x that brown stays away :hugs:

Wow that was a lot of pages to read, welcome to the new girls!

and now I blank..... right! The belly! I can not hide mine anymore, happened about a week ago it just got big! But not stick out further big but higher big which makes it more noticeable. Heart burn for me is gone and so are belly aches to! Yay!

Had a busy couple of days 17 hours b/w 2 jobs yesterday and another 10 at the opening of our store today - it was bonkers! Over 600 people in line to get in at one point! Eek! My feet hurt so much, need insoles. Was moving so much barely felt baby all day and now he must be sleeping. Coworkers know now that I am pg, lots asked me how far along I was and even the customers did to so I am out of the "is she or isn't she" phase for the most part.

Have lots of BnB to catch up on! Oh and also got my diaper bag from work as it was 70% off and therefore affordable!

How's your feet today Tiff?

Hey there!

We dont mind, we love chatting to everyone no matter how often they stop by :hugs:

Will update the front page. Team pink is really catching up!

Quick count up and........

22 :yellow:
24 :pink:
34 :blue:

hmmm I wonder once we're all delivered if team pink will catch up? lol.
Lots of boys lately! I know a lot of my friends are expecting boys!
I keep getting the feeling that my little one is a boy, but then I keep dreamin its a girl! lol.
Only time shall tell I guess!
Goodmorning to all, Congrats to everyone finding out on team pink or blue, and hello to any newbies x x

We're gunna enjoy the sunshine in Northern Ireland today! We'll walk the dog down by the beach, then maybe a picnic in the sunshine I think! And I might even take my little man outside and do some big painting in the garden!
I can thankfully say that Riley seems to be loads better today so hopefully thats the last we'll see of those horrid high temps!

Have a lovely Sunday everyone x BIG hugs x
Nikki x x

MrsP i will definatly be hiring a tens machine for the birth, i was looking on that website last week so i'm glad you have used them before.

Well good morning ladies, sun is starting to make an apperance here today, hopefully once Mart and Brian wake up we will be going to the forest by us and have a lovely stroll and some lunch, ooooh i love a pub lunch! lol.

Hope everyone has had a fab weekend with all the lovely weather, i'm a happy bunny today as i'm 22 weeks today and for the past 3 days have been feeling bub kick everyday!!! Eeeeeek, this is starting to get very, very exciting!!!!! :).

Have a good day all, yay for being preggo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol xxx

Glad Reily is better Nikki, sounds like you have a great day planned too. Sun is shining although a little chilly.

Philly they were great and I got two of my friends to use them to when they were expecting, one ordered her real last minute too and they got it here next day delivery.

Was brilliant arrived 3 weeks before and I think had to got back up to 3 weeks after baby was due. They sent a self address envelope and all Si had to do was drop it in the post box all don and dusted.

If they are still using the same ones to which the pics have remaind the same they are so easy to use.

I got by on mine for about 3 hours.

Excellent Moggy :dance: nice to get to that stage eh? x

I am off for another date with the garden in a minute and going to cut the grass and have a tidy up Eleanor is asleep so shall make the most of it. Si is out there emptying the pond.

Absolutely shattered today, wish it was a bit warmer I would be on my sun lounger having a little :sleep:

Wow, it's been 1 week and there were 21 pages of posts to catch up on!! Moggymay, congrats on 24 weeks, same here - it's a great feeling!!

Welcome to the board MrsSandMonkey, Julia, LilFooshFoosh, Trying41st, aiwah, honeydue27

Zoe, glad to hear you're home again, and when you're feeling up to it you can let us know what's been happening...

Khegidio, haven't had any BH contractions, nor did I have any with Charlotte...

Guppy, glad all well at scans :) Hope your shower was good!!

Mum2bewaiting, have you tried the alcohol free lager? I've had one a day while we were on holiday - tastes really good!!

Flutterbaby, according to the scales at the hospital last week (not maternity unit though, and I was dying for a pee) I was up about 9kg... not so good - but remember every set of scales weighs slightly different, so don't worry too much about your aunts ones!!

My mum does our ironing - it was our christmas present! Just shirts for work though. Nothing else gets ironed unless it's a one off for going out...

Aimee, I was really paranoid about breastfeeding in public too - but I went to the local breastfeeding support group and it was great to 'practice' in a safe environment... then I would feed anywhere, on the train, cafe, cinema, hotel, restaurant - and most people were none the wiser....

Diddaglad your sickness seems to be on the way out :)

Mercy, glad you had a good time with your family, sorry to hear Riley's poorly :( Isn't it so lush that we've got some decent weather here!! Oh and Rocky Horror was fantastic!! Love the bump pic!! The Army cots seem great, I've seen Pam's ones and the stair gates!!

LilFooshFoosh, glad you complained, typical though that is was the same lady scanning!! Glad the private one went well, congrats!!

We won't be having a baby shower khegidio, I think people here rather buy gifts once the baby is born!!

Sparkles, cool that your scan is going to be sooner!!

Lia, hope the driving is going well :) My non maternity clothes have been packed up for a month or so now...

As for us, have had a fab week in Portugal, glorious weather, in the pool every single day, and trips out to beach etc, and lovely icecreams. Got a couple of good lie-ins too when my bro and his fiance got up with Charlotte.
Home now, and knackered... need to get everything unpacked, and put away, luckily come home with only one or two pieces of dirty clothes!!
Charlotte had fun too I think, talking loads more, and mostly 3 word sentences now instea of two!!
Bump seems to have grown loads too - must be the sunshine!!
And like moggymay said,

We're viable today!!

Yayyyy happy viability!!!!!!! Holiday sounds lush, especially some cheeky lie ins well done!!!!!

Now off to hunt for some ice cream of my own though it's not quite Portugal weather here.....:haha:

Mercy I kept having boy dreams but always thought it was a girl and it turned out it's a girl!! So I would go with your instinct ;)

Congrats on Viability girls!!! I'm almost there, can't wait!

Time to get some breakfast for me!!! :D Food is my favourite right now!!

The shower was great!
I had tons of fun and i got to see my maid of honor (havnt seen her for about a year and a half). The sunshine was out and it was a beautiful day! So we spent the shower outside on the deck. I had such a lovely time!

Yay for those with viability! :yipee:

Holywoodmum: did u take notes :D I'm very impressed I can never keep up with this lot over a few days :D Glad u had a good holiday

We have spent most of the day in the garden... I think my body clock is switching over as I was up dressed and breakfasted by 9.30 this morning, unheard of for me on a Sunday. Dh had taken up all the carpets yesterday so we headed to the tip with those and a few bits from last week, got some garden stuff, did the food shop for the week and then planted loads of seeds, veggie and flowers... I can't wait for them to appear :D

Pip is getting more noticible, both in bump size and movement too, I can feel her when I am doing other things now which is odd, makes me hesitate sometimes, and DH has seem my belly move (so that is now our favourite pastime, belly watching :haha:). I think I am beginning to feel which way she is laying now too which is really bizarre, and can be a bit uncomfortable as it seem to be when her back is across my belly...

Hope everyone else is good :flower:

Holywoodmum: did u take notes :D

I use multiquote as Im going through... then all the things I thought about replying to are there when I'm ready to type!!

Had a lovely day today too. Lunch out as there was no food in the house, and in Northern Ireland supermarkets do 1-6 on Sunday, not 10.30-4.30, so couldn't get anything in... DD had a sleep and so did I :) then we've been playing in the garden with the neighbours kids :thumbup:

I've managed to unpack DDs stuff from hols so will do mine when sdhe's in bed, then work clothes out for tomorrow and get lunches packed - have to be super organised as I'm on the trian this week and it's an earlier start- not looking forward to school after 2 weeks off!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->