****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Anyone else hoping its not a august heatwave when they give birth that would be hell!!! Ive packed the cooling mist spray in my hospital bag!

air con is a great thing lol but they do say its gonna be a hot hot summer so let the footand body swelling commence:blush:

I just ate my first entire supper! I had a ton of rice with 4 ribs and ate it all! So proud of myself! Now off to cut up strawberries for shortcake! My current favorite!

Oh and I got a scan pic in 3/4d in my journal of our adorable baby boy, he's a star already!

I just ate my first entire supper! I had a ton of rice with 4 ribs and ate it all! So proud of myself! Now off to cut up strawberries for shortcake! My current favorite!

Oh and I got a scan pic in 3/4d in my journal of our adorable baby boy, he's a star already!

Oh Kelly the pic looks amazing!!!:thumbup:

Can't wait till i have mine done now!!! xxx

Yay just moved up a box! Eeeeekkkk my virtual baby is growing so big now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Bub is celebrating with my by kicking the crap out of my tummy, i've never been so happy to be beaten up before!!! lol xxx

Sorry i've not been on for ages, time goes so fast! i've been having neck problems again so hard to stay on net for long. been trying to catch up on your updates though.

hope you're all well. we have our 22wk scan this friday, yipee, can't wait. still gonna stay team yellow 100%! can't wait for the surprise in august. kicks started at easter and i'm over the moon, i love feeling them -didn't have any butterflies or movement beforehand. it's been increasing day by day, were some of you guys saying it's normal to not feel for a few days when baby is moving up/down?? will stop me from panicing then!

i was interested to know if anyone has been reading the book "hypno birthing" i've been lent it by a friend and am finding it fascinating. would love to hear from anyone who has and would highly recommend it for those needing to chill out about the birthing process, it's eased my worries loads.

acid reflux allday, booo!
lots of love
rachel x

Hey all
I'm shattered, after a day and a half back at work :(
My shins are AGONY!! what's that all about?! Can barely walk... and I keep getting a bad stitch too.
Had to laugh at two boys this morning in my HE class heads together whispering about me, do you think she is, yeah she definitely is - they're too shy to say or ask out loud! Unlike the neighbours kid with 'you look like you're getting a baby'
I can't find the class I'm meant to be covering - how silly does that sound! they weren't at the room they are timetabled for and I'm not walking round the entire school looking for them. I've let the office know, and emailed all the staff in case they come across them - how can you miss 26 14-15 year olds! Feel guilty though that I'm not doing what I'm meant to be doing, and sure I'm going to get a bollocking from someone...

ive just had my scan and im on team pink :) she looks fine and healthy the sonographer said. So pleased we know now am off to buy few outfits hehe x x

pinks must be catching up!! off to look at the front page now...

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Congrats to those with viable babies and those who have just done their scans! Everything seems to be going so fast now.

2 awesome things happened in the last couple of days, and 1 crappy thing.

Crappy thing: DH's dad recently had a quadruple bypass and he was recovering very well, then he went into a coughing fit and blacked out. He had to go back to the hospital and turns out there is an infection. He is doing ok now, back at home but it has been very emotional for DH (which is new, since his family is usually keeps everything bottled up)! :shrug:

2 awesome things: 1) A lady that works with DH had to get her travel system replaced because a part fell off the stroller, since the store no longer carried that system they gave her a higher model and replaced the car seat and stroller. Since her baby was already too big for the car seat she gave it to us!! :thumbup: 2) DH got me a ticket to go see a live taping of a show I have been watching during the day, I ended up with all of the audience give aways, plus a bib for fooshfoosh and I won the bigger give away! I came home with a new purse, purse hook (to keep your purse off the floor when out), a bib, a handheld dirt devil and a full size dirt devil canister vac. Of course I took the subway so it was a logistical nightmare trying to get the pregnant lady home with all her new stuff but it was AWESOME!! :happydance:

AND last night DH FINALLY felt our little guy kick! DH is very impatient and only keeps his hand on my belly for around 15 seconds before giving up, but last night I held his hand down for about 30 seconds and he got a boot right to the palm. After that he held his hand (and his breath) for about 5 minutes waiting for more...nothing :dohh:

Hugs and belly rubs!

Anyone else hoping its not a august heatwave when they give birth that would be hell!!! Ive packed the cooling mist spray in my hospital bag!

Hadn't given it much thought if I am honest. It was November when Eleanor was born so delivery wasnt too bad but when I got up on the ward boy was it hot and they wondered why my temp and bp were raised. Gosh it was soooo hot.

Good thinking on the cooling mist, like your thinking.

We're on team blue! :)

Congats hon

Yay just moved up a box! Eeeeekkkk my virtual baby is growing so big now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

Bub is celebrating with my by kicking the crap out of my tummy, i've never been so happy to be beaten up before!!! lol xxx

Haha, hope baby hasnt beaten you too much! Woop Woop fo moving up a box. Another step closer to the end! :happydance:

Sorry i've not been on for ages, time goes so fast! i've been having neck problems again so hard to stay on net for long. been trying to catch up on your updates though.

hope you're all well. we have our 22wk scan this friday, yipee, can't wait. still gonna stay team yellow 100%! can't wait for the surprise in august. kicks started at easter and i'm over the moon, i love feeling them -didn't have any butterflies or movement beforehand. it's been increasing day by day, were some of you guys saying it's normal to not feel for a few days when baby is moving up/down?? will stop me from panicing then!

i was interested to know if anyone has been reading the book "hypno birthing" i've been lent it by a friend and am finding it fascinating. would love to hear from anyone who has and would highly recommend it for those needing to chill out about the birthing process, it's eased my worries loads.

acid reflux allday, booo!
lots of love
rachel x

Hey Rach,

Lovely to see you back here, hope the neck isnt too bad for you. I havent looked into the hypobirthing but its supposed to be very good, shall have a read up on that. Havent forgotten about meeting up, shall pm you to arrange.

Big up the team yellow and glad LO is moving for you, certainly dont worry if LO is not moving all the time but if it seems like forever there is a good little unit at Queens who are more than happy to check baby for you xx

Hey all
I'm shattered, after a day and a half back at work :(
My shins are AGONY!! what's that all about?! Can barely walk... and I keep getting a bad stitch too.
Had to laugh at two boys this morning in my HE class heads together whispering about me, do you think she is, yeah she definitely is - they're too shy to say or ask out loud! Unlike the neighbours kid with 'you look like you're getting a baby'
I can't find the class I'm meant to be covering - how silly does that sound! they weren't at the room they are timetabled for and I'm not walking round the entire school looking for them. I've let the office know, and emailed all the staff in case they come across them - how can you miss 26 14-15 year olds! Feel guilty though that I'm not doing what I'm meant to be doing, and sure I'm going to get a bollocking from someone...

So did you find the class? Bet you cant wait till weekend, maybe a rest for you x

ive just had my scan and im on team pink :) she looks fine and healthy the sonographer said. So pleased we know now am off to buy few outfits hehe x x

Loving the pink bump Lliena, shall update the front page xx

Hello Ladies!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Congrats to those with viable babies and those who have just done their scans! Everything seems to be going so fast now.

2 awesome things happened in the last couple of days, and 1 crappy thing.

Crappy thing: DH's dad recently had a quadruple bypass and he was recovering very well, then he went into a coughing fit and blacked out. He had to go back to the hospital and turns out there is an infection. He is doing ok now, back at home but it has been very emotional for DH (which is new, since his family is usually keeps everything bottled up)! :shrug:

2 awesome things: 1) A lady that works with DH had to get her travel system replaced because a part fell off the stroller, since the store no longer carried that system they gave her a higher model and replaced the car seat and stroller. Since her baby was already too big for the car seat she gave it to us!! :thumbup: 2) DH got me a ticket to go see a live taping of a show I have been watching during the day, I ended up with all of the audience give aways, plus a bib for fooshfoosh and I won the bigger give away! I came home with a new purse, purse hook (to keep your purse off the floor when out), a bib, a handheld dirt devil and a full size dirt devil canister vac. Of course I took the subway so it was a logistical nightmare trying to get the pregnant lady home with all her new stuff but it was AWESOME!! :happydance:

AND last night DH FINALLY felt our little guy kick! DH is very impatient and only keeps his hand on my belly for around 15 seconds before giving up, but last night I held his hand down for about 30 seconds and he got a boot right to the palm. After that he held his hand (and his breath) for about 5 minutes waiting for more...nothing :dohh:

Hugs and belly rubs!

Sory to hear about FIL hope he makes a speedy recovery. On a positive note, what a touch about the pram you much be pleased? x

No idea where they went!! and no -one replied to the email I sent to all staff looking for them!! Trying not to feel guilty.
I'm totally worn out - thank goodness for 3 day week, but resent having to use my unpaid days to recover from work!!
Shins are so sore- no idea why, just about to post a seperate thread... anyone else?

Hello ladies it feels like ages since I've been on here. :dohh: in reality it's only been since Friday I think :dohh:

DD had the stomach flu on Thursday night and all day had a brief but well needed break on Saturday and was allowed to go to the circus then I came down with it on Sunday morning and it didn't leave until yesterday evening. I don't wish that on anybody :nope:

It's been a long time since I've been that sick.

Congratulations to all the ladies who found out pink or blue and to those who stayed yellow:thumbup: I did that the first time but not this time. :shrug:

I am back at work today and feeling loads better!

DD turns 11yr old today :dohh: almost a teenager EEEEKKK!!!! So hamster purchased and now just need to wrap the rest of her gifts, bought an ice cream cake on my lunch hour today as didn't feel up to making one this year :nope:

Hope your all doing well!:thumbup:

:hugs:

No idea where they went!! and no -one replied to the email I sent to all staff looking for them!! Trying not to feel guilty.
I'm totally worn out - thank goodness for 3 day week, but resent having to use my unpaid days to recover from work!!
Shins are so sore- no idea why, just about to post a seperate thread... anyone else?

Just wondering if you'd thought about it possibly being Shin Splints? Symptoms often appear in atheletes who change their running style or the surface on which they play etc, I would aslo inamgine that during pregnancy the change in the centre of gravity, and the difference in how we weight bear may result in them too??
Worth a chat with the gp. Maybe also it could be caused by the fact that your back muscles carry differently during pregnancy, and in turn pull on your leg and calf muscles in a different way than usual? this can cause shin pain too!

Hope whatever it is hun, it eases soon x x

Hello,

Thought I'd drop in and let you know I had my 20week scan today and I'm also team blue... is it something in the water???

I've also posted elsewhere in 2nd tri that the sonographer couldn't be sure whether there was 1 umbilical artery or 2 (supposed to be 2). They didn't think this was terribly significant in the absence of any other abnormalities but want to re-scan at 32 weeks to ensure good growth etc... Feeling a bit anxious but glad there's no other major problems.

Time is most definitely flying by.

I read this thread most days but don't generally feel I have much to contribute... until today. I LOVE reading it though and finding out about everyone's lives... Does that make me a lurker:haha: ?

Can anyone explain how to thank someone for their post? Can't find any obvious way...

x

Bottom right corner hun, there are two buttons, ne says "quote" and the other says "thanks" click the thanks one on the post you want to thank a person for! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->