****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I have fairly big boobs so always quite causcious with who I measure with and I have tbh I dont like M&S or Debenhams for their measuring but M&S are good on price. Also Matalan and Asda are both now stocking bigger sizes at half the price. I always find the independant shops are more accurate, although they may charge £5 to do it, but thats nothing compared to the cost they charge for their stock.

How is everyone?

Ooo Guppy, meant to say what excellent bargains you got at the yard sale! Wish we had something like that here. I am an ebay freak though, closest we'll get I think. Piccys please??

Lliena - How you feeling today chick a bit brighter?

Holywood - Hows the shins?

AFM - Went to the docs yesterday as felt so rough, just another bloody virus so cant take anything, no cough medicine, no throat strepsiles, not a sodding thing just got to let it run its corse. Although I did sleep better last night.

Just packed Si & eleanor off for their swimming lesson, they will be back in an hour so think I shall geta few jobs done. Then I want Si to get some of the baby stuff out of the loft and also a suit case. we're off to Spain in two weeks so gonna start to do a bit of packing.

Well, Morning Ladies!
Saturday in Northern Ireland and another beautiful day!
Although, It seems that Saturdays are fast becoming the day when I seem to get spotting! For the past 3 weeks I have had spotting when I wake up on the Saturday. AND the spotting In got Earlier on was on a Saturday too! VERY odd! I have rung and let our assessment unit know and am just sitting it out in the hope it goes away by lunch time like it has before! I dont get what causes it. Although this time i think Bubs may have turned from breech to Ceph yesterday afternoon and I guess the shifting my have dislodged some old blood!
Anyways, I know baby's HB is good and seems normal, and I am feeling tonnes of kicks! So hopefully I wont have any more and wont need ot go in!

I hope everyone is well, I am struggling to find good bras that fit, I am 36G and everywhere I go seems to presume that if you need a bigger cup size then it means you need a bigger back size too! lots of places dont stock G in anything less than a 40 back size!

Hope everyone is good today! x x Nik x x

Fingers crossed for you Nikki xx

Just wanted to share the below link, I found it really helpful with Eleanor to time contractions, works out how many you have a minute and how frequent they are. And all you have to do is hit the space bar.

https://www.contractionmaster.com/#

Excellent practise with BH.

Morning all you lovely ladies......!!!!

Well for someone who has had about 3 hours sleep i'm buzzing like a newborn crack addict!!! lol. It is a gorgeous day today and i plan to make the most of it before Mart is on nights tonight :-(.

So yesterday was a fun day, went on a last minute shopping spree to pick up the moses basket. However Mart decided that he wanted to try on suits for our friends wedding in june. Spent over an hour in Burtons and ended up spending £200!!!! He does look handsome in it though....

Tried the dress on from Mamas & Papas and looked like a bag of spuds :-(. I'm loosing the will to live. All i've got left to try now is Mothercare and Bloomingmarvelous but i gotta order that on line. Please keep your fingers crossed that i find something. I was almost in tears in the changing room, crying for my lost figure! lol

Off to get my nans 98TH BIRTHDAY cake today and maybe find some shorts to go with the loevly t-shirts i got from Gap maternity yesterday, didn't even know they did it!

Mercy hope you have no more bleeding hun and saturdays can be a nice day!

Enjoy your weekend girls xxxxx

Hey hunnies.Hope we are all well.And bumps are behaving x

Got to much going on at home so don't get online much.Will catch up with you all soon xx

Zoe :hugs:

Morning everyone. How you all doing?? I am feeling great, but not sleeping well at all anymore and to top it off i'm covered in bloody coldsores because I'm so tired- GROSS.

Philly I hear your pain about clothes, Next stuff is fitting me best but so expensive.

I get measured at M&S for bras, buy my basics from there and nice ones from anywhere else!!

thanks for you hugs ladies i love it here :) feelin better today we went shopping last night an i found some sandals to wear for a wedding we are going to on 8th may which was good. We are gonna plant some flowers in garden today and then have a bbq while enjoying the sunshine, im well lookin forward to it :) x x

Hey all
apart from a huge falling out with DH this morning all good - shins much better.
traipsed to my third asda store this morning had been told they stocked maternity, f*cking wild goose chase, no-where in northern ireland does it!
Been to tumble tots, DD had lunch and gone for sleep, i was just about to go too but realised I haven't had lunch i'm too hungry to sleep better eat quick before she 's up again!

hello ladies :hi:

what a lovely day..just poping in hope you all are doing well and enjoy the lovely sun shine :happydance::yipee::yipee::yipee:

22weeks today and feeling baby kicking is making me smileeee so much.

have a great day girlies xxx

WELL.... after I wrote my post earlier I passed a blood clot, So called the Day assessment unit back who told me to come straight in.
When I got there I had My BP checked and the Midwife took a urine sample then I was told to go wait outside in the coridoor!
THREE and a HALF HOURS later the Midwife came back out to me and said there was no way any Doctor would be free to see me for at least 2 hours, and would I mind going home without being assessed! I went on my way feeling a little worried, that initally she told me I HAD to be seen as I was passing fresh blood but then suddenly when it suited them I was "fine" and "prob wouldnt need assessing" there was one other woman in for assessment and she was sent to another hospital, I understand that Labour ward may have been busy but I find it a little dissapointing that they dont have a doctor assigned to assessing people coming in as emergencies!

Thats my rant over, I just hope the bleeding stays away now and I dont end up going back to be sat around waiting for hours again! Grrr!

That doesn't sound like fun mercy! I hope it all clears up for you so you don't have to go through that again.

Mercy thats terrible! Hope everything is ok hon :kiss: :hugs:

Well I'm feeling like the most desperately miserable and pathetic person on earth, my husband is in the Caribbean (due back on Thurs) but of course there is this bloody ash cloud so god knows when he'll be back! My bloody hormones have had me crying more or less since he left on Tuesday, and now this on top...I am just a blubbering wreck! Everything I look at reminds me of him and he isn't here! I don't want to tell him either as it'll make him really sad and there is nothing we can do. And on top of that when I went to the midwife on Weds she said my blood pressure was up (not dangerous but high for me) and this can't be helping. I have to go back to school on Mon as well, cause I'm a trainee teacher. Not sure how I'll manage.

Anyway, the sunshine was lovely today wan't it! Makes such a difference being so warm.

Just back from being assessed on labour ward, Had a scan and baby seems to be blissfully unaware in there of the stress I am having lol. The bleeding seems to be coming from a cervical errosion so totally non baby related which is fab!
BUT, Now they have noticed that my placenta is low! No one had mentioned it untill today so I felt a bit of a muppet when I said I hadnt realised haha! I am praying that it will move on up now instead of down, I SO SO do not want a C section!

I will be re scanned at 32 weeks to check its position, so fingers crossed x

mercy.. i am so relieved for you, you must feel haps better knowing baby is well in there... i was reading up today and was looking in on and off to see wa there any news....

sending you lots of love
lou
xxxx

Glad it all turned out well mercy! Hopefully placenta will move up but hey anything to get baby here safely of course.

Oh wannabe - Hope DH gets home to you real soon and you are feeling much brighter this morning. Its not nice when they are away, well I hate it when Si goes. Just think one less sleep from when you posted yesterday :hugs:

Glad you got some answers yesterday Mercy, glad LO is ok in there. lots of big :kiss: to you x

AFM - Been awake since 6.20am this morning so just watching baby programmes on TV in peace and having a cuppa.

OMG the sneezing and leaking started yesterday what is all that about feel like I am 90! I am hoping it we disappear once this virus finally decides to sod off. Never got it with Eleanor, scared to sneeze now encase I pee my pants! :rofl: Might have to start keeping a pad on at this rate.

So the weather here this morning looks glorious, it was yesterday we had our first BBQ of the year.

I am going to carry on with a bit more packing for holds, got a few more bits to go in baby bag and then going to help Si with some of the decorating, we are getting there slowly.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->