****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Wow 60 boys!!!!!!

Well i received loads of boy clothes this weekend and I have washed them all and ironed them and I have a little stirring of excitement in my belly now !!!

How are we all?

Mrs P.What needs to be done with front page x

OOO and 24 weeks whoop whoop as is Jetters!

:happydance::happydance::cloud9:

I was writing down my work rota and it's done til end of June which made me freak out thinking how quickly things are goin!!!

Had a really vivid dream that my baby was born last night and I could see his face and everything. The love I felt for him in my dream was overwhelming and I just was cuddling him all the time.

I am getting quite giddy about things now!!

P.S I am already on the list but can you put me on team blue cos I found out it's a boy last week!!

:happydance: after all the scares earlier in this pregnancy (including the haemorrage ten weeks ago today) I can't quite believe my baby is now viable!! Am over the moon :happydance:

*bounces over and hugs Eoz, yay for us!!! And our stubborn little boys who have kept holding on!!!*

MrsP I am jealous you are off to Spain, OH would love to but I am too afraid to go away cos of the problems i've had so far. Did you hire or buy a TENS machine? I'm thinking of hiring one. And I am happy to help you with the front page while you're away, I have way too much time on my hands!!! Just let me know how :)

Got Beans second cardio scan today so fingers crossed his little ticker is all healthy and well, OH has got the afternoon off work too and so is coming with which is super nice :)

You'd hope so Philly eh? I think boys names are soooooooooo hard. Simon and I have about 3 but they dont have the wow factor for us.

Excellent Jetters, gives you a bit more peace of mind eh? Good luck for scan, we have our 2nd one on 21st May.

With Regards to going away, I went to Egypt for 2 weeks when I was pregnant with Eleanor, the break was fantastic.

I hired a tens machine for £22.95 inc P&P, I used the same company when I hired one for the arrival of E. This time I have gone up one, not that there was anything wrong with the one they sent last time, just I've read a bit more about the Elles ones so for an extra couple of £ thought might as well.

www.tensmachinedirect.co.uk excellent service. You end up with the machine for a total of 6 weeks free and anything after that they charge you. Also two of my friends used the same company and they had a good experience with them too.

Will pm you my login details before I go so you can do the front page, thanks for that. Will only be date & stork changes thats all.

Congrats Delamere on your :blue: bump x

I'm getting a mothercare TENS handed down to me that seems to have good reviews...
Has anyone been to the Asda baby event yet?

starts tomorrow some fab bargains to be had :thumbup:

Wohoo for viability Yas and Zoe:happydance:

I'd like to hear some boys name suggestions too!!
I'm shattered. Had to do an extra playground duty today as I did it last week when apparently I wasn't meant to have.
Just under an hour to go, thank goodness!
I'd go away if you can anyone!! went to portugal week before last, and went to fuerteventura at 32 weeks lat time...
weather here nice but cool today, cherry trees outside my classroom have lovely blossom on, which is cheering me up a bit. Had a run in wiht the HEad though about my return to work date, but I proved them wrong and tune suddenly changed :happydance:

Congrats AliceKG, Delamere, Eoz and Jetters! :thumbup: :happydance:

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Ours seem to end up being so jam packed that I can't find the time to come and check in here! And I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future, unfortunately.

DH and I went out last night with a couple we are friends with, it was great fun catching up! They are looking at buying a house that will move them within a 15 minute drive rather than the 45 minute one currently facing us. :happydance:

Anyway, gorgeous weather here today so I think I will take advantage of it and spend some time soaking up the vitamin D!!

BRs & GBHs to all!

I wouldn't mind some help with boy names as well.

MrsP what does a tens machine do?

I am off ot write my exam 1 of 3!

can't believe one of the July mummies has had her baby!! Only 2 days ahead of me, I was sitting reading with tears streaming down my face, DH was a little disturbed...

Hi girls!

Is it far too late to join here now? 8-[ I haven't had much time to be on forums until now and when we were trying to conceive I met so many nice people on here!

Our due date is 31 July so I only just fit in here :-D

How's everyone doing? Anyone feel a bit out of breath yet?! I felt it first time today when I was going through an induction with a new starter at work!! From just talking that is :shrug:

can't believe one of the July mummies has had her baby!! Only 2 days ahead of me, I was sitting reading with tears streaming down my face, DH was a little disturbed...

Aww is all ok with mummy and baby? :hugs:

Hello ladies, well haven't you all been so very chatty since I left you all on Friday. LOL

The skating party went really well. I have decided that DD is to break up with her boyfriend, well let's put it this way, when she's old enough to go on dates it won't be with him.:nope:

Mercy so glad the baby is good!

Congratulations to the ladies who are viable this week and to all finding out the gender :happydance::happydance::happydance:

MrsP I've never used a Tens machine other than for my back and migraines. I'll be interested to hear how it all works. Like were do you put the pads for the massage????? your back or your belly?:shrug:

So very tired these past few days. I feel the need for a nap around 10am:dohh:

Hope your all well!

:hugs:

it was sam9kids wasn't it? Born at 30 weeks or something. Thats all I know.

Hi there everyone x

Well I have been awake since 6am this morning as my noisey neighbours decided that 6am was the perfect time to start banging and bashing about in their house lol. I swear to goodness, I have never lived next to such NOISEY people! everythig they do seems to involve thumping and banging! I can even hear her every time she gets cutlery out of her kitchen drawer! I dont know how they manage to be so dam loud!!!!

ANYWAYS, lol, I am curled up in bed with a nice hot cup of tea as Riley is still sleeping. The sun is shining through the window and it looks like another FABULOUS day in NI!!!!!

My hubby is away again on yet more army training! you'd think by now he'd be trained to the eyeballs but apparently not lol!
Thankfully no more bleeding since the weekend so thats good, and baby has been doing somersaults in there I think!

I cant believe I am 24 weeks on Saturday! seems like only days ago that I got that lovely BFP!!!!!! time is whizzing by dont ya think!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Nikki x x

Honestly I personally can not rate the tens enough. I put it on as soon as I got back to the room (I was induced with E and taking a walk to getting things going). My contractions just came, I didnt have 1 every 10 and then every 7 or whatever, I think they were 1 every 3 minutes and then 1 a minute.

Anyway, You get 4 stick pads, I put 2 on the bottom sort of just inside of my hips if that makes sense and then the other two about 3" above those.

So we turned it on, what a shock that was. Si wasnt too gentle but once we got the hang if it it was fab. I had it so I could just tollerate the pulses and then as I got used to it kept turning it up. Then there is a intensity button which you press whilst the contraction is there and press it again when it has finished. Changes the pulse that you feel. A little uncomfortable at first but just takes some getting used too. I used that with a ball for a good 3-4 hours then the last 4 I was off me chops on G&A!

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/painrelief/tens/?_requestid=10451473

Morning all.....

Well it's a lovely morning in sunny birmingham today, lets just hope it stays. Mercy glad your feeling a little better. Could you have a word with the loud ones and maybe ask them to keep it down a tad?

I couldn't believe it myself when i read yesterday that someone had given birth at 25 weeks! My heart went out to the lady, i just pray all is ok! Makes you think about your own bub though and hope it doesn't happen to you.

Cardiac scan for little bub today, hope all is well. Was wide awake at 3am and couldn't sleep. Had that on my mind, just hope all is well :-(

Nan's birthday today so going round to see her this afternoon as my brother is her from Inverness and hasn't met Mart yet so this will be fun! lol

Hope everyone has a lovely tuesday xxx

Mercy I was up early too but our noise was Miss Eleanor who thought she'd make the most of the day!! Excellent about the bleeding.

I wiped this morning to find lots of discharge and slightly brown in colour, baby has been moving a lot, but we'll see. I have MW tomorrow so shall mention.

Sun is shining here, mum is over today. I was supposed to be at physio this morning but still have this rotten cold and cant stop coughing and didnt think it was fair sharing my germs, so will have to re-book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->