****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

No people know we are having a boy i emailed them it's just Marts parents don't want to know what we're having so have asked people not to write it on my wall as his family are nosey! lol. Everyone we know though knows we are having a boy so it's madness to me! lol

If you decide on Henry hope you don't mind if it's the one we pick out the bag as that's how we are choosing bubs name. Write all the ones we like on paper and pick out the hat. No one can moan then xxx

My grandpa's name was Henry. Henry Joseph is lovely MrsP. :flower:

Philly, I am pretty sure that someone else in the August thread chose the same name DH and I are probably going to use. I too hope that it doesn't bother anyone. I wouldn't think it would though because a) it means people like the name you have chosen and b) our kids probably will never meet. :winkwink:

It's a lovely day here today and I have just finished booking time with friends on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!! Busy week. Very excited for Friday as I am going swimming, I luuurve swimming, always have! :happydance: Not really looking forward to showing off my new stretchies :blush: but oh well, if they don't like it don't look!

I finally broke down and took a tylenol today as I couldn't take the back, leg and hip pain anymore. Just 1 regular strength (didn't even know they still sold those!!).:haha: It's a little better, but I can't stay in the same position for more than 30 minutes or it starts to hurt again. :shrug: Oh well, it's worth it. :cloud9:

Oh one other funny bit about names. Doesn't having a last name make it so much harder!!! My maiden name was great because it pretty much went with anything, it wasn't a word and didn't really have a meaning that was obvious. Peter's (that's DH) last name, and therefore mine now, is Hug.... seriously limits options. We joked with people about naming our baby Amanda if it was a girl, sounds like "a man to hug" with the last name.

Don't be silly Philly, looks like we might have to number them Henry 1,2,3 and 4 at this rate :rofl:

He'll probably be born and one that you have chosen will spring to mind.

Haha lilfoosh!!! Do you have any names lined up? I love swimming too, love taking Eleanor. Si takes her for swimming lessons every week.

No probs sunshine - Hope I didnt woffle on tooooo much but they are definately worth it. You normally find the ones who say they didnt work is cos they didnt use them correctly, as in put it on soon enough or give it a go, you have to stick with it. MW advised its no good sticking it on when contractions have really kicked in cos it cant keep up at that point.

Spiderspinz, I'm due on the 1st :) But I expect to be late, as DD was 13 days late!
Nik, glad Riley had a good day at nursery - weather crap, we had hail in Belfast!
LilFoosh, a man to hug made me smile :) My friends are the Fields, and due in Sept having all sorts of suggestions like Paddy, Corn, Fallow, Playing etc!
Having another crying spellthis afternoon, everything on the news on radio made me cry on the way home.
So tired. Just going to put the match report from our rugby on Sunday online, then bed I think :)

i like henry joseph henry is my friends little mans name and we all call him he's sooooooooooooo cute

like Prince Harry - he is officially a Henry, like it MrsP Joseph was our preferred name last time as the first name but it didnt duit Mogster but we may use it again this time....

Well I didnt know that Moggymay. I think I may have been the only person in the world who didn't know.

But on the topic of Prince Harry I think he's gorgeous!!

I didn't know Prince Harry was Henry! Only found out yesterday when Mart told me! I was in shock! lol. He is a cutie too...

xxx

please help me ladies i'm starving today make me stop make me stop today i've eaten weetabix 2 milk and banana no sugar then cheese toastie for my lunch then went back and had another :blush:then jacket cheese and beans for my tea a wopping salad as well and then 2 bags of chrisps a wagon wheel and a lion bar and marschmellow bunnies i'm sooo munching i've just gave in and ordered a pizza for me and hubby and without thinking ordering fries just came out of my mouth help me ladies i'm soo hungary today :cry:

Aww Flutterbaby, if you're hungry then EAT I think sometimes our bodies ahve days like this because sometimes ya just need food more than others!
Harry/Henry Both fab names! and There is something about Prince Harry that is more manly than most other Royals. I always say its because he is in the Army haha but then again I am biased twards British Troops haha!

Anyways, HAIL in Belfast Lucy??? Whats Madness considering what beautiful weather we have had this week!
I have been sick so many times today that I have lost count! I have kept going through it like I did all along in the early days, but it seems with a Bugger bump and being tired it has been tough to deal with today, I had a break during the middle few hours of the day but this morning and again all evening I have been soo bad! It seems to be hanging around this past week or so, I was hoping that it was a temporary thing but its lookin like another flurry of morning noon and night sickness! ARRGH!

I am still awake now at half past midnight because My STOOOOPID cat refused point blank to come into the house! LORD only knows why! he kept walking up to the door and then runnin off again! I was tempted to leave the little sod outside but I know given half an hour he'd have been on the wall YOWLLIIIINNGGG! like a cat posessed then the whole street would have been kept up!

Baby has been SO active again today, I am totally in love with how much stronger he or she feels every day! Although I am definately NOT a fan of this low down, cervix area kicking that I am getting! TURN BABY TURN!!!!!!! I knwo I have a long way to go before we start to worry about the breech thing, but I would be a happy mummy if he or she would just sit the way their supposed to PLEEEASE haha!

then theres the placenta needing to move up too! haha I dont like doing things the easy way do i?? lol So much to keep my fingers crossed for!
I just wish Hubby ws home! I know he isnt away long this time but I miss havin him here to help me out! AND of course to give those BIG man cuddles he is so good at! lol! Nothin quite like a bear hug to cheer us up is there!

anyways probably should get to bed!
OOOOO almost forgot! TOTAL change of hair colour!!!!!!! I usually have VERY dark Brown hair with Pillar Box red slices in the underneath layers! HOWEVER, Pregnancy hormones and Red hair dye are NOT good friends! lol. My red keeps dropping to a horrid Orangy yelowy colour so we're ditching it in fabour of turning the red PLatinum blonde!!!!! I am half way through my transformation and thus my slices are somewhat peach/pinky but by thursday evening I will be all the way there and may post a pic if it looks ok lol!

OK going to bed for REAL now!
BIG hugs
and sorry for my late night ramblings haha!
Nikki B x x x x

Bah! Csunshine grayson was my fav for a boy (sorry but can't see it being a girls name no matter how you spell it?) But DH didn't like it so we gave it up! The name we have picked for the first name I have only seen mentioned once on the entirety of BnB. Still don't have a middle name though.

MrsP I like henry joseph as well! It's funny how different the taste in names is between countries!

As for tens, so it's meant to help with contractions? I have never even heard of them, are they those muscle stimulating machines that vibrate and pulse a weird pins and needles feeling? I have had that on my leg after surgery to help with the muscles.

Good Morning All !!! Oh, im in a good mood today ! :) I'M 24 WEEKS TODAY !!!, and life seems to be going great !!! Apart from our new Cavalier King Charles Puppy doing her business on the floor... lol... I hope everyone else is feeling great too and that ye all have a lovely day !!! :) :hugs:

Mercy sounds like you have had a bit of an evening of it last night. I love feeling the bay kick too, puts me right up on there on cloud 9.

Flutter you were not on your own last night with the eating, I felt like a devil possessed. Anything that stood still long enough I could have ate!!

Kelly - I think it could just be the one. Although we really wanted to try and use Si's dad's name John, Henry John Piggott, what do you all think?

With regards to the tens its not so much that it helps the contractions it helps your body to produce endorphines that help with your natural pain reflief and in turn make the contractions more barable. If you can get your hands on one I will definately say go for it.

Aisling - What have you named the pooch? I'm there with you on the floor thing, we have trouble with the dog and neighbours as Toby has been barking. He has always had a use of a dog flap from when I was at work. My own fault I should have house trained him from the start. Someone told me that using a cat tray with litter is very good instead of newspaper.

AFM - Still full of cold and been up the whole night coughing, kept Si up, woke E up. This is not good, I have docs tonight, 4 weeks of this is enough now I think. Going to stop by the chemist too, there must be something to suppress this damn cough, I can deal with the snotty nose!

Anyways lovely morning here, have stripped the beds and waiting for the machine to finish and shall get that on the line. Have mw in 20 minutes so go see her (mad as a box of frogs she is) and then off to messy play and back for 12pm, then the afternoon is mine, although E will iss out on her morning sleep this morning so shall put her down after lunch and try and do a bit more packing.

Hope you all have a good day and have some lovely weather.

Good Morning All !!! Oh, im in a good mood today ! :) I'M 24 WEEKS TODAY !!!, and life seems to be going great !!! Apart from our new Cavalier King Charles Puppy doing her business on the floor... lol... I hope everyone else is feeling great too and that ye all have a lovely day !!! :) :hugs:

Oh how lovely! What colour is she? Brian is a ruby Cavalier, he's 1 tomorrow lol. They really are wonderful dogs and quick on the toilet training. Picked it up in no time at all xxx:thumbup:

Aisling - What have you named the pooch? I'm there with you on the floor thing, we have trouble with the dog and neighbours as Toby has been barking. He has always had a use of a dog flap from when I was at work. My own fault I should have house trained him from the start. Someone told me that using a cat tray with litter is very good instead of newspaper.QUOTE]

We named her Bonnie. We wanted to stay with the B's. We already have 3 rabbits called Buster, Babz and Bailey and a hamster called Bonkers. Oh and some fish but they've all different lettered names. :) Bonnie seems to be doing alright during the day, she walked over to the door to get out but its at night time... We have a puppy pad down for her but she only occasionally uses... :shrug:

Morning gang!

Well it looks as if it's going to be a belter of a day, had zero sleep last night as had a really horrible dream about one of my dear friends then all night had a sharp pain in my left hand side. Still got it now which is worrying me a little. Could it be bub lying across my tummey with his legs there kicking me or could it be cause i need the loo????? It really is painful.

MrsP you need some more drugs i think. Shouldn't be nearly 4 weeks with this. Hope you feel better soon!

So bub was kicking away last night and Mart still hasn't felt him so grabbed his hand and put it on my tummy, he couldn't feel him so Mart shouted OI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really loudly and frightend poor bub. I think he swam back as far as he could get! Was very funny so waiting a few more days to try again me thinks.

Have a great day everyone!!! xxx

Oh how lovely! What colour is she? Brian is a ruby Cavalier, he's 1 tomorrow lol. They really are wonderful dogs and quick on the toilet training. Picked it up in no time at all xxx:thumbup:

Shes Blenheim colour. :) She was just 11 weeks on Monday. She's sooo adorable and Kaitlyn dotes over her !!! :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->