****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

off to see the VP responsible for staff welfare now to beg off the playground duty rota and being used to cover other people's classes... fingers crossed!!

Works out nicely then.Exciting and at least you get a few weeks rest x ooo and fingers crossed xxx

I have to wait until 31 weeks to see the midwife again :( as I am seing the consultant at the hospital when I am 28 weeks for my growth scan.

How is everyone managing with tiredness? I feel like I could sleep all day every day at the mo.

Can I added to the front page too, i am due August 9th and we are on team yellow :D

does any1 know how the surestart grant works? Am I right thinking if we wait til after bubs arrives then we will hopefully qualify through getting higher rate tax credit as we have a bubs under 1 and so long as we apply before bubs is 3 months we might qualify? Currently we get only a basic CTC due to hubby's salary. Does anyone get how the system works? Might be a nice bonus to pay for buggy - even though have already bought it :shrug:

does any1 know how the surestart grant works? Am I right thinking if we wait til after bubs arrives then we will hopefully qualify through getting higher rate tax credit as we have a bubs under 1 and so long as we apply before bubs is 3 months we might qualify? Currently we get only a basic CTC due to hubby's salary. Does anyone get how the system works? Might be a nice bonus to pay for buggy - even though have already bought it :shrug:

No idea... I didn't higher rate CTC last time even with 1 under 1, so I'm just assuming it'll be the same this time... would love to be proved wrong though!

I have to wait until 31 weeks to see the midwife again :( as I am seing the consultant at the hospital when I am 28 weeks for my growth scan.

How is everyone managing with tiredness? I feel like I could sleep all day every day at the mo.

Ive had so much energy the last few weeks after the MS finally left me alone... untill today, prob because i didnt sleep well last night but today i have no energy and no enthusiasm to do anything :( I know OH gonna come in from work and im gonna feel so guilty as he has been out working all day and ive done nothing!! x

Oo Lollipop welcome and you are due same day as me also!!

With the grant pass Ladies.I qualify as we are both out of work at the moment.Is this link any good?

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

After re reading i'd apply when you are on the low income xxx

yay another person due on the same day too :D

Would be nice to have someone to chat to about everything, if either of you two are up for it? I do understand if not cos you already ahve some bump buddies. x

Afternoon all.

So had MW appointment today, bp was high even after checking it twics so gotta keep an eye on that. Hopefully it was because Mart had wond me up just before we went in! lol

He checked the fundal height thing with his tape and i'm measuring 2 weeks ahead. I asked if i should be worried and he kindly said no as i have a few 'tissue layers'!!!! I had to laugh as i do carry abit of timber round my belly but thought it was funny as he was very polite! Bless him! Anyway, bub was fine. Got to feel his head myself and his fist. Was very strange but nice.

No appointments for 3 weeks, after that it all starts to go crazy till bub gets here, so going to enjoy the peace for abit!

xxx

Thanks for the advice on finding the thread ladies. I knew about the User CP one but not the quick links or name clicking. For some reason, even though I know I can find it fairly easily, I always just end up looking for the thread through the trimester forum.... :shrug:

Hope everyone is having a lovely day. I'm off to see about picking something up for my mum and MIL.

:flower:

Afternoon all.

So had MW appointment today, bp was high even after checking it twics so gotta keep an eye on that. Hopefully it was because Mart had wond me up just before we went in! lol

He checked the fundal height thing with his tape and i'm measuring 2 weeks ahead. I asked if i should be worried and he kindly said no as i have a few 'tissue layers'!!!! I had to laugh as i do carry abit of timber round my belly but thought it was funny as he was very polite! Bless him! Anyway, bub was fine. Got to feel his head myself and his fist. Was very strange but nice.

No appointments for 3 weeks, after that it all starts to go crazy till bub gets here, so going to enjoy the peace for abit!

xxx

:haha:Love the tissue layers .Grr to being wound up but glad all is ok xx

Ok i'm a knob but who was I chatting to about Asthma.Lliena?was it you?Who ever it was how are things?

Far as can tell we would have to get higher rate CTC - how do we qualify for this? So far we have had nowt as I have had income from work even though I stopped when I was 35 weeks with Mogster who is 3 in the summer :dohh:

Asked MW and she says if we get higher rate then yesr we would get the grant but she didnt know what would qualify us for higher rate :shrug:

We are measuring 29 weeks at the moment, so looks like outr predictions of another July baby may come to fruition...just have to wait and see but starting fortnightly appts from the next appt.

GD test and routine bloods next week then countdown begins, cant believe we might have baby here in 8 weeks :nope: So exciting though :happydance:

Eoz - I have asthma but it didnt affect last pregnancy and so far touch wood this one ok too - even delivery didnt cause any flare ups they just said they had to be aware in the delivery room :shrug:

I have struggled awful.I am going through my blue inhaler like it's going out of fashion.It's horrid x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->