****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

Oh my god,just watching Portland babies and as silly as it might sound today I have been thinking "I am going to be having a baby!!!!"

glad all is ok Jetters...

... while sorting everything else out I had forgotten I need to sort out the HIP form before the next government come in and take it off us :haha:

They can't do that can they!? I haven't got mine yet, even though I'm coming up 28 weeks!!

I'm going on mat leave June 30th!!! Can't wait!!!

Snap- can't wait! Well at least I'm finishing work on 30 June, then school hols for July...

Oh my god,just watching Portland babies and as silly as it might sound today I have been thinking "I am going to be having a baby!!!!"

What's that then?

I've been to the dentist today - I had two fillings - the first ever in these lovely gnashers... (gutted about that!) had the white ones he told me they wouldn't do the metal ones while i'm pregnant...

Are your teeth still hurting where you had the fillings? I'm in a bit of pain at the mo. xxx

No teeth seem to be fine... I had some random cotton wool thing in with local anaesthetic in first then an injection, then the drilling and fillingetc... anaesthetic all worn off now but seems fine...

I had all of that but i thin i've been butchered! Jaw is killing me too! :-( xxx

jaw aching too from having my mouth so wide! hope you're feeling better soon - remember paracetemol and even cocodamol are OK to take if it's keeping you up... i'moff to bed now, not watching this election resutls

Flutter I have gained 12.5 pounds so in UK measurements.... 5.7 Kgs and 0.89 stone. I am still on the smaller size though to. I wouldn't worry so long as you know baby is growing.

I want a HIP grant out here!!!

Delamere I have moments like that to!

Philly I was told only risk in first tri but to hold off for mine if I could. SO far I am ok but if tooth hurts more will get it taken care of.

Morning all!
Finally feel I can write what happened yesterday evening - DD and I had just come in, come up to our flat - 12 concrete steps - and I was unlocking the front door, and she bent over to get something and fell down, head/face first to start with then flipped over and bounced a few more steps. I have never been so terrified. Huge scrape all up her face, and after about 5 mins of cuddles stopped crying wanted to go in for her tea. Then half an hour later DH came in was like oh my god we have to have her checked out if she went over her head. I felt AWFUL. That all I'd done was clean it and give her tea. Went to see my dad in the end (retired doc) and he said that as she didnt' lose consciousness and cut not deep then it would be fine. I still felt so shaken though, it wasn't nice ;(

i am not in third tri yet.. but have followed you over here,.... hope everyone is well..xxxx

OMG Lucy - is she okay this morning? They tumble all the time and the more they do it doesnt take away the heart in your mouth moment just makes you more confident to trust your instincts- see you mummy instinct was clean it up and stay with her and keep it normal cos thats what she wanted and what did the doc/your dad say? The same - she was okay. Your mummy instincts are bang on :thumbup:

thanks moggy :)
She's fine this morning... apart from the bridge of her nose between her eyes is all swollen :(
I new it was bound to happen some day - she's very carelful when climbing up or down those steps, it was just me faffing at the door - I saw the whole thing happen and couldn't stop it.

she will be fine, just keep an eye on her and maybe get a mr bump gel pack for the fridge? we have one with chocolate buttons in the fridge just for those moments, we know Mogster is ok when he goes to the fridge himself for it or if he asks for the buttons, if he doesnt thats when we worry! (we got ours from superdrug and cos its mr bump he gets that it is for when he has a bump :haha: )

Signing out for the weekend ladies be back on Sunday evening. Am heading up to Northumbria with my OH to go to a wedding. Looking forward to the break but not to the 4 hr drive! Take care and see you all soon xx

Take a pillow hun, the drive is a nightmare!!! Have fun though.... x

Good holywood, i hope LO is ok now. I think i would of passed out seeing that! Children are alot stronger than we take them for sometimes. Her bones must be made of strong stuff! :)

Still in abit of pain for me with my tooth this morning. Mainly feels bruised, think he put the clamps on a little too tight. Got a few bits of shopping to do before Mart is on his last nights for a few weeks.

Woke up thinking we would have a new government but alas no..... hung parliament! I don't know why i bother voting sometimes! lol.

Hope everyone has a good day xxx

glad all is ok Jetters...

... while sorting everything else out I had forgotten I need to sort out the HIP form before the next government come in and take it off us :haha:

They can't do that can they!? I haven't got mine yet, even though I'm coming up 28 weeks!!

No idea, but I don't trust them :haha:

i am not in third tri yet.. but have followed you over here,.... hope everyone is well..xxxx

Neither am I :flower:

Signing out for the weekend ladies be back on Sunday evening. Am heading up to Northumbria with my OH to go to a wedding. Looking forward to the break but not to the 4 hr drive! Take care and see you all soon xx

have a fab weekend

That must have been scary Holywoodmum, glad she is ok :hugs:

Our plans this weekend consist of DH decorating the hall and Dad is coming up this afternoon to sort my car out after it had spectacularly failed its MOT :dohh: and me hovering between the 2 probably offering food and refreshment... am back to work on sunday for a bit of a rest at least :rofl:

I am starting mat leave the 2nd week in July thereabouts, but have 2 1/2 weeks off in June :D

Moggy, love the idea of the Mr Bump, I've seen one at my cousins house, must look out for it...
Charlotte seems fine now, just a lovely scab :) in great form today!!
Philly sucks that your tooth still hurts... I didn't need clamps, what was that for?! I'm very excited, I'm getting a NEW dentist!! There is a new practice just opened in Holywood we had a flyer in yesterday and DH DD and I are all booked in to register - no more half hour drives to Belfast!!
Lliena enjoy the wedding!!
We've had a lovely day, been to a friends house for a little birthday party, lots of playing with water and eating!! Charlotte has been in just vest and t-shirt most of the day after she soaked herself then covered her trousers in sand...

water play is the best, mogster likes it when we put washing up liquid in the water table and he gets loads of bubbles to play in and throw around - he too gets soaked but he has such fun you can do anything but smile and laugh whilst you watch him :happydance:

oooh, bubbles would be good!! I think I'm going to keep an eye out for one of those water tables :)

we find loads of bits like that on our local netmums - its fab :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"