****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

I am having my glucose test on thurs, and I am not allowed to eat anything from 9:30pm on weds eve until Ihave had the test done :-( m allowed sips of water though, and then at 7:30am I have to drink some lucosade, and be tested two hours later

Holywood - should you have been moving those or was it not too heavy dismantled?
Don't think anything in particular was too heavy, just cumulative effort!! Back and forth, and probably lifting with my back and not my knees :blush:

sods law is as soon as I get a sit down Moglet wants to do Riverdance!
I know what you mean, can't believe on Saturday I was worried there wasn't enough movement, today has been non-stop - my belly was jumping up and down in the staffroom at lunchtime!

hey ladies... im due august 7th... i found out at a really late stage, 21 weeks 6 days.....im 28 weeks now n hoping can i join you in the wait for the arrival of our little ones :)
Congratulations!

The Fibroid has buggered off!!!!!
Great news on the fibroid, and cute pics of your bump!!

Hey ladies, I hope everyone is doing good. I have my glucose test coming up and they told me that I could eat before my test but with my other 2 pregnancies I was told I couldn't ( different country for 1 different state for other) dod anyone eat before their test?

Haven't had one done, but I'd say no to risk it, you don't want a false positive! Does everyone have to get it done? It hasn't been mentioned to me..

I am SO shattered right now, truly exhausted after 1 day at work, and if you read my other ranting post this morning, I have to get the train home now :( and walk DD home :( :( but must remember my docs appt though to get HiP form, that's one positive! How I'll have the energy for yoga tonight I don't know!

For the Glucose Tolerance Test there are two different ways it can be done, one you can eat right up to the test and the other you have to fast for 12 hours beforehand. Most ladies are tested at 28 weeks but it depends on your doc/mw.

Mine's supposed to be next Tuesday, don't know which kind I will have to do but I sure hope it's not the fasting one...that will be really hard considering the way I have been packing away food. :rofl:

My tum was rumbling when she took my first bloods :oops: then she said I could only have lucozade until after the next test 2 hours later :dohh: I was starving by then but afterwards didnt fancy much .... enjoyed a handful of grapes then had lunch with lil man :thumbup: Get results this week....

Hello ladies!!!!:hi:

Welcome to the new August Mummies!!!!

I have my gluco test on Wednesday morning and she told me to eat regular, just not a huge amount of sugar foods. I have decided that I will eat pretty much just protein and salad, It's the 1 hour test so if I pass this one then I wont need to do the 3 hr one. :nope: I live in the US/ South Dakota so that's how they do it here.

The cotton has started to fly here so my allergies are kicking my arse!!!!!!! My nose is stuffy and my eyes are watery! DD says oh so that's who gave me allergies, LMAO she is 11yrs old and is very nasally atm.

Eoz beautiful bump pics! so very gald the fibroid has buggered off!

I had a full day yesterday as did the food shopping and all the laundry and cleaned the upstairs bathroom. :dohh: can't believe how tired I get these days.

I had my rummage sale on Saturday and OMG did it flop!:dohh: there was about 200 of them in my town and we're very small. LOL We have decided to keep all the stuff around and do it again in 2 weeks time as I will be on vacation from Saturday of this week until a week Monday! 10 days!!! So very excited!!!

Oh and just realized that I'm officially in the 3rd Tri! :happydance::happydance:

27 Weeks today!

Hope your all doing well!!!!!!

If I stand for a long my hips and hoo hah feels it! I just think it's part of my body getting ready for birth, but it does hurt and suck big time!

Hey hun xxx

Right who wants to come pack a house and move it for me as I give up :haha:

I am having my glucose test on thurs, and I am not allowed to eat anything from 9:30pm on weds eve until Ihave had the test done :-( m allowed sips of water though, and then at 7:30am I have to drink some lucosade, and be tested two hours later

I had mine last week Thursday and I was told not to eat anything from midnight but I could drink as much water as I like! I was given some lucozade at my 9.30 appointment and spent 2 hours in the antenatal waiting room, just reading my magazines before returning to the blood room to be tested.

Not me Eoz! I am SIIIIICK of moving!! And I gotta move again within six months of the baby being here... *eye roll*

sorry not me either my back aches from the floors this morning :nope:

hey ladies... yer i did find out late... i have a muscle problem with my stomach so that always took the blame for any kind of symptom especially lookin a bit round in that area, but hey on the bright side, i have a really short pregnancy !! haha...

its a pink bump :) im expecting a little girl... lola-louise :) x

with my first i found out at around 6 months lol young and foolish:dohh: lol i'm sooo jealous of your pink bump i wanted a pink one lol :blush:let the race commence lol do you go over usually i have with 2 of mine booo i can't wait until i'm ready to pop it went quick the first half and the second is dragging :sleep:

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in and say I think I am officially ready to have this baby now (although not wanting to drop just yet) My last preg I went in to labour at 28 +4 and I had absolutely nothing ready, had only just started buying things, so in my twisted logic I have decided that once everything is ready I can happily sit on my ever expanding ass until 42 weeks! lol I have bought everything that bump will need for the next 6 months or so except the cot cuz my dad is getting that! I have also washed and ironed and put away all little mans things, so thats me set to go!

Oh and I have my hosp bag packed and ready to go! lol excessive I know but I have been panicing about not being ready, and now I can just sit back and chill! (I hope)

Evening ladies hope you are all ok :)

Been out shopping to Birmingham today with OH and got bean the softest blanket I have ever felt in my life it was £20 from Selfridges which I know is a lot but its completely organic and I can see it becoming a family heirloom type thing. I love it :cloud9:

Got my GD test in the morning and not allowed to eat from 9pm tonight Im gonna be so hungry when i wake up boo! Oh well it has to be done I guess :)

[/QUOTE]
hey ladies... yer i did find out late... i have a muscle problem with my stomach so that always took the blame for any kind of symptom especially lookin a bit round in that area, but hey on the bright side, i have a really short pregnancy !! haha...

its a pink bump :) im expecting a little girl... lola-louise :) x

with my first i found out at around 6 months lol young and foolish:dohh: lol i'm sooo jealous of your pink bump i wanted a pink one lol :blush:let the race commence lol do you go over usually i have with 2 of mine booo i can't wait until i'm ready to pop it went quick the first half and the second is dragging :sleep:

i went 5 days over with both my son and my daughter.... although with my daughter i must admit to the whole midwifes cocktail castor oil thing..... but hey 45 mins labour id do it again !!!!! i dont feel very pregnant except for the stomach pain oh the possible spd n occasional heartburn... hmmm im sounding preggers tho eh lol..... do u ever just get a feelin tho... when they told me i was preggers i thought straight away... its a girl... n i was right.... i had 'feelings' with my other 2 that were right too... not just the sex... but feelings about birth n how theyd look n stuff.... i hav a feeling that shes gunna b early.... about a week i reckon..... n i reckon itll be a short labour like my daughter was...... i reckon i might even have her at home...... n i reckon despite having a different dad she'll look like my other daughter did at birth... with dark hair... n lookin just like me haha x

do u know what i mean about feelings ???? or am i just sum kinda weird wannabe psychic lol xx

Hi everyone x
Eoz FAB news on the Fibroid!!!!!!!! and lovely bump pic too!

I have had a day of giggling as I watch my belly jumping around like a wobble board! I swear if this baby kicks any harder it'll pop out the sides haha!
I am haveing the occasional bout of sickness again but compared to the hyperemisis of the early months I can cope! seems that greasy foods trigger me off, which is a pain as I am craving chinese lately! haha!

We're starting to panic now that we havent bought hardly anything for baby! although we have been amazed at how much of Rileys things and clothes are re-useable! We're going to have to get started tho as this pregnancy is whizzing by for us!

Hope everyone is well I have done my best to catch up on the (almost) 2weeks I was away! but there was many pages to sift thru haha! I have bought myself some Raspberry leaf extract and am considering sourceing out some clary sage oil ready to use in the final weeks! I used Rasp leaf tabs last preg from about 36wks and Riley was born a week early and my labour was fairly quick for a first ( not sure how much of that was luck and how much was rasp leaf but I am sticking with it again haha)
I know I have a few weeks to go yet before I am there but it'll be on me before I know it!

Anyways, I am off to bed now i think! Hubby has kindly cleaned the kicthen and sorted the rubbish bins for tomorrow, AND managed to load and set one the dishwasher!!! I am wondering what he's after now though lol!

Hugs to all,
Nikki B x x

I havent been in this thread for awhile, but I was suprised to see it has moved to third tri!!!!!!!!

I can't believe we are all almost here and soon we will all be holding our new little babies :hugs:

Clarebo, you're realy prepared! We have a room now for the new arrival will post some pics soon of the miraculous transformation :) But I still have to build the cot and get the crib down from the attic, but feeling much happier about the whole thing.
Mercy, I tried the RLT and clary sage last time and went 2 weeks over, but labour (at least pushing stage) relatively short, so will be giving it a go again :)
Lliena, hope all well with GTT :) Anyone else not been told they need one? Nik, we're same hospital, do you have to have it done!?
Ryder, good to see you :) third tri all the way now, I think MrsP had the thread moved when the 1 aug mummies hit 3rd tri :)

Anyways, I am off to bed now i think! Hubby has kindly cleaned the kicthen and sorted the rubbish bins for tomorrow, AND managed to load and set one the dishwasher!!! I am wondering what he's after now though lol!

:) so?!

As for me, thought I was gonna die yesterday walking to train and home, busted a gut to get the 3.50 train so I wouldn't be late collecting DD, and it was cancelled so endup on the next one anyway. Took me 15 mins to walk to childminder up hill and I really felt like death when I got there, could barely put one foot in front of the other, and had a horrible stitch :(
Luckily childminders hubby offered me a lift home, such a relief!!

Yoga was brilliant though, I'm amazed again that I managed to do it, but felt so energised afterwards!!

We moved that last bit of furniture out of the study, and now it's officially baby's room!! Just got to the get the cot and chest of drawers in :)

It is starting to get tiring doing normal stuff now hey? Yesterday after the floors etc went to pick up mogster from playgroup and had a wander around the market - had to stp and buy some juice cos my legs were giving way :oops: Few swigs and got my mojo back, came home for lunch and a sit down - maybe 3 hours cleaning whilst hes at playgroup is a bit much for now....unfortunately he only has Mondays there so it builds up.

Cant wait to see the nursery pics ladies :thumbup:

anyone know if it is normal to get travel sick now? Never did with mogster but with this one am starting to suffer :sick:

everyone seems so prepared !!! all i have is a cot... that doesnt even have a mattress lol.... think its gunna be a save and spree jobby !! woohoooo lakeside here i come. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->