****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

glad i already got HIP grant! omg im dying in this heat, i really need to buy a paddling pool to sit in all day long.... x

HIP grant going, they have only just brought it in, although I have mine. But I suppose it was my choice to have a baby so I cant rely on that money to be there to put towards it, just an added bonus.

Poor Mercy and Jetters big :hugs:

So I am a bag of hormones today!! Managed to talk to Dan (Bro), well more of a case I just burst into tears!! Oops!

Anyway he is planning to be out by begining of July so that will be all good. And it should only take a day to paint the room then just a case of put furniture in and change light andput up curtains so no big deal.

I can't seem to find anything about the HIP grant going? Already have mine but a friend is pregnant and not due til October and though am hunting the web can't seem to see anything about getting rid of HIP grant? :shrug:

Just ctf stuff from what articles there are (though I imagine they will get rid of anything they can tbh)

Hope jetters and mercy are ok.

Hollywoodmum, an ice cappuccino, they sell them at a chain coffee shop out here called Tim Hortons, they are super yummy! I will be getting one in about an hour and sitting outside visiting some more friends before our holidays end.

Big :hugs: to Mercy and Jetters, hope you ladies and your little ones are alright

Hope jetters and mercy are ok.

Hollywoodmum, an ice cappuccino, they sell them at a chain coffee shop out here called Tim Hortons, they are super yummy! I will be getting one in about an hour and sitting outside visiting some more friends before our holidays end.

ahhh... i just had an iced mocha :)

my moral high ground for the day - Iced mocha £2.50, brownie, £1.50, bill should be £4... rings it in as £3.60 - bargain... then gives me my change from £10, which should be £6.40, but she gives me £6.10, so I say this to her and she says oh I forgot your fiver and hands me another one (even though I have it in my hand) so I'm drinking my mocha £1.10 up on what I walked in with... guilty conscience kicked in though as it was a small local cafe not a chain... so I finished my drink, gave her the fiver back, and got my 30p... just polishing my halo!! I'm not sure I'd have been so honest if it had been starbucks or nero though!! :muaha:

lol! I likely wouldn't have even noticed! Good on you!

Doesn't surprise me they're getting rid of hip grant, I guess they need to claw back money wherever they can and it's more a nice little bonus! I guess it makes sense that only the most needy get it. Glad I already got mine though or think i'd have the hump!

dont think they are getting rid of the HIP grant YET! Lib Dems want to but nothing has been announced...are they maybe getting confused with the abolition of HIPS? (Home Information Packs for selling houses)

CTF is going but only so they can retain Surestart as not enough money else...interesting to know 1 in 4 new Mums never claim CTF voucher and of those who open CTF only a minority actually add to it, presumably they would save for their child anyway so theyre thinking why not just get rid of it all together and save the govt a fortune.

Yas sounds in good spirits, shes had/having lots of tests and is surrounded by gorgeous newborns :wohoo: and Bean's doing good

Hey ladies sorry not had chance to catch up. Mad my end.Hope all is well.

Hugs to Yas and Mercy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I cant believe there scrapping the childs trust fund on my due date 1st august its so wierd that if my baby comes early ill get all the money but if he comes on or after due date i wont get much at all

hello ladies, havent been around in a few days been a busy bee!! the girls room is ready and i have all bumps clothes ready to wash.
anyway quick update on me... had mw wednesday last week... blood pressure sky high but bloods came back clear so just need to rest up. had a wee trip to the hosp this morning to have it checkes again (still too high) so they are going to be keeping a close eye on me. Was meant to have a trip to visit a friend for a couple of days but have had to postpone :( which i hate because i could really use the time out! I have had a major blow out with OH and im blaming him for my high blood pressure lol!!

ive applied for my HIP grant - hope i get it :/

anyways... abby now calls me mummy instead of mumma and my tummy keeps moving around and im loving it :)

how is everyone else?

ive scanned over the thread hope mercy and jetters are ok! x

ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This heating is killing me!!!! I'm feel like such a wimp but had no sleep what so ever last night! It's really starting to get me down now! Poor Brian is suffering too now, won't eat properly and has a poorly tummy! Hope he gets better soon! xxx

My hound is the same, doesn't know what to do with himself.... mind you neither do I... I am glad a few of you at 28 weeks are feeling the same as I was feeling a little pathetic :haha:

I keep getting told how small I am :dohh: am due at antenatal tomorrow so will see then...
... even if I am small, I can't see this LO being small, my sister is much shorter than me and her OH who is shorted than her have just had their baby.... 8 LBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the plus side though short labours do seem to run, mum was quite quick with me as the first and the others, my sisters first contraction was at midnight and he was born at 5.30... oh how I am hoping that I have got this trait :winkwink:

was just telling my hubby about the ctf being scrapped and we're gonna put the 250 away to make one for this baby as others have got one i like many don't add to it but even a little is better than nothing applied for my hip grant but not heard nothing back yet was gonna apply for the maternity grant don't think i'll get that tho but worth a try are you lovely ladies watching the england match

hope mercy and jetters are ok big:hugs: for me

i'm smaller than my other but am told this one is gonna be 9lb my others was 8 so we'll see lol

Yas sounds in good spirits, shes had/having lots of tests and is surrounded by gorgeous newborns :wohoo: and Bean's doing good
:) Glad to hear that. Mercy is in again overnight too...

I cant believe there scrapping the childs trust fund on my due date 1st august its so wierd that if my baby comes early ill get all the money but if he comes on or after due date i wont get much at all
I know, you'd think they'd set a date 9 months in the future so that no-one currently pg loses out...

hello ladies, havent been around in a few days been a busy bee!! the girls room is ready and i have all bumps clothes ready to wash.
anyway quick update on me... had mw wednesday last week... blood pressure sky high but bloods came back clear so just need to rest up. had a wee trip to the hosp this morning to have it checkes again (still too high) so they are going to be keeping a close eye on me. Was meant to have a trip to visit a friend for a couple of days but have had to postpone :( which i hate because i could really use the time out! I have had a major blow out with OH and im blaming him for my high blood pressure lol!!

ive applied for my HIP grant - hope i get it :/

anyways... abby now calls me mummy instead of mumma and my tummy keeps moving around and im loving it :)

how is everyone else?

ive scanned over the thread hope mercy and jetters are ok! x
Yeah I only applied for mine last week, fingers crossed!

AFM, back from yoga, It's so knackering at the time, but feel really good for it afterwards :)

hey girls.... well ive only been gone during the weekend n so much seems to have happened !! i hope everyones alright, the heat is certainly getting to alot of you. i havnt had a problem with the heat, have had the kids pool set up tho so had a little relief from the sun. actually i bought a new one today, thought id share the link with you as i think its a bargain. https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bestways-Clear-8ft-Fast-and-Easy-Set-Swimming-Pool-/270583000981?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Swimming_Pools_Hot_Tubs&hash=item3f0000ef95#ht_1958wt_941 hope the link works.... x
so yer i worked saturday night, had a photo job, 21st birthday masquerade ball party thing. was good fun. they had a great magician and a dance troop who put a little show on, they were entertaining to watch too..... i wore my new dress with some wedges.... and i managed to stay in my wedges all night !! surprised me, i did have sum flip flops in my photo bag. but i did good and the pics are lovely. ill post a couple for you to see once ive sold them. x
sunday me n the kids spent all day at my mums in the sun with my friend sally who'd come to visit for the day from bristol. nice roast gammon dinner n chilled day at my mothers. and today it was more of the same, me and some girl friends and our babies chilled out in my garden with the kids n the paddling pool.... n i fluttered my eye lashes at this guy joe i used to go to school with, got him to come round n help me out with some bits around the garden..... and he bought us all dinner... bonus !! so all in all a lovely day. still not feeling very pregnant til the evening draws in. but i do feel pregnant when i look at what to wear!!

im lucky enough to be going to soccer sixes on bank holiday monday with vip access all area bands, so now i have to find something to wear to that !!! x

hope youve all had a lovely day...... <3

mumma great pool and cheap 2 how dumb am i i went to the range and told my hubby the are dirt cheap pools a 10ft for 15 and a 12 foot for 20 got there and the 10ft pool was the cover:dohh: and the 12 foot was advertiving the mat for underneath the pool:dohh::blush: i felt a dick the pool was 149.oo what a knob am i lol

ladies got my hip through today :happydance: i know i won't get the other so this has really helped :happydance:

found a lovely crib set on ebay winni the pooh organic crib set it's lush only guess what it's only the drape and the set has been discontinued :cry: i've traulled the internet last night and can't find it anywhere else boohoo

i seem to be blocked in time people keep asking how far gone i am i keep saying 27 weeks only i'm not now am i i always remember on here cause my ticker please hurry and cook baby give me whats left of my brain back

oh i passed a b and b it said vacancies in the window and i turned to hubby and said ohh the is jobs in there i wonder what they are he started laughing i still didn't click it meant for rooms :dohh: thats how bad i'm getting HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:hugs:everyone have a good day

flutter baby, how long did it take for your hip grant to come through. I've been waiting 3 weeks and still haven't got it :-(

So it's cooler this morning here, a little bit of sun poking out but i can cope with that!

Off to have my first growth scan today so looking forward to seeing bub again. He was measuring 1.5 weeks ahead at the 4D scan so i'll be interested to see what he is now. Especially with all the exercise Mart made me do on holiday, he should of lost weight!!!!

Not looking forward to the big food shop later but i guess it's gotta be done. I used to like that but now i can't think of nothing worse.

Also mw appointment this afternoon, is it the usual check blood pressure and stuff????

Hope everyone has a fab day xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->