****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

mummaofthree glad the job went well :) great pool, can't imagine how long it takes to fill though - and would be freezing if just from the hose! personally can't imagine anything worse than soccer sizes right now... but sounds like you're up for it!

flutterbaby, know what you mean about baby brain... vacancies :haha: yesterday in the staffroom someone said their wee boy had been in hospital at the weekend and there was another girl there and that no-one had come to see the girl since Thur to Sunday... I thought he meant the doctors hadn't checked on her, but he meant her family hadn't visited. How bad is that though :cry:

philly I sent my HiP form last Monday, nothing yet though... enjoy your scan!! I imagine MW appt will be test wee, poke belly, take BP - the usual!

All well here, just trying to muster the energy to finish my Year 8 marking and write reports :( then next week it's Year 9 marking and reports, then the next week Year 10!! Never ending, oh and a parents evening thrown in for good measure! Good job there's only 5 and a half weeks of school left! - just a shame they're such busy weeks!

Philly - my HIP grant came through within 7 days, the letter came much later but it went into my bank quickly :thumbup:

Had my 28wk midwife app yesterday and they measured me and gave me some funky growth chart thing, checked bp and pee. I thought they were meant to do some bloods too but she didn't...........but I didn't argue as I'd had my gtt and thyroid function bloods done so my arms were already a mess :haha:

Got a dull day ahead of tidying..........building work totally come to a halt here as builder is in hospital and just don't know what is happening.......starting to flap now as baby seems so close :dohh:

Finally got nhs antenatal class details through as well which start in June!

Oh and the reason I came on :dohh:

Lovely Yas should be out of hospital today - no more bleeding and baby heartrate was steady all night :thumbup:

Hope mercy is also doing well :hugs:

hi philly hip took 7 working days posted on the 13th and was in the bank this morning i haven't had a letter yet but online banking said that hip :happydance:
holywood thats bad my kids go in hospital i don't leave them at all me or hubby stays with them 24/7 infact when con was 3 months old he stayed in hospital cause he couldn't breathe and and hunny stayed over night with him my mom had the other 2
just had a bubble bath feel human now

baby brain - I got that, new shop opened up The Polish Shop - heres me thinking why on earth would we want a polish shop, I mean shoe polish, furniture polish, an aisle maybe but a shop - then it dawned on me its a Polish shop as in Polish food etc - yummy bread :thumbup:

hollywoodmum.... i thought ahead and bought a hose connector for the mixer tap in the kitchen.... so it wont be cold !! couldnt do that to myself...... lol. and soccer sixes isnt much about football and more about celebrities and raising money for charity while havin a giggle.... i dont care much for the football lol x

im loving all the baby brain stories.... i never kno what to say when ppl say to me 'how long have you got left' it takes me by surprise and i think.... oh.... i dunno...... coz its obviously amazingly difficult to subtract 29 from 40 lol x think thats as far as my baby brain goes....

although i must say ive been so emotional lately. just want to cry all the time.... :o( although im feeling fine all of a sudden ill think of something n ill start feelin tears in my eyes n i have to hold back !!! didnt get that with my other 2..... x

bless you hun i've had my days like that but it's when i'm sleep deprived lol

Great news on Yas :) Noticed Nik had 'thanked' you, are you lurking sweetie!?

baby brain - I got that, new shop opened up The Polish Shop - heres me thinking why on earth would we want a polish shop, I mean shoe polish, furniture polish, an aisle maybe but a shop - then it dawned on me its a Polish shop as in Polish food etc - yummy bread :thumbup:

:haha::haha::haha:

although i must say ive been so emotional lately. just want to cry all the time.... :o( although im feeling fine all of a sudden ill think of something n ill start feelin tears in my eyes n i have to hold back !!! didnt get that with my other 2..... x

i came in to work in tears listening to that thing about the cumbrian bus crash in the car on the way in - mustn't do that to myself :(

Hi all, WELL... I am HOME!!!!
What a few days!
It all started when I got up on Sunday Morning, I had felpt a bit odd on saturday night and my bump felt "funny" but hadnt thoguht much of it!
Then when I woke up and went to the loo on Sunday morning I heard a sudden "gush" hit the water! I was terrified at first as it sounded like my waters had gone there was that much! When i looked (sorry TMI coming up).. It had coloured the whole toilet bowl red and I seriously thought that was it!

Rushed into the assessment unit and got checked over and at first the doc couldnt tell where the bleeding was coming from! I have a cervical errosion but she said it was a lot of blood for one errosion! Then the scan showed that the baby had turned and was now head down, and my placenta is low enough to have a wee piece of it stuck under babies head! so I was admitted and kept in for Obs! They still cant give me an absolute definate answer as to if it was placental bleeding but it looks that way! SO take it easy for me from now on and hopefully the pacenta will move up by my next scan at 32 weeks! I also have to see the consultant at 30 weeks to check things are ok!

I have to say that the Doctors and Midwives have been fantastic! So helpful and reasuring! and I feel like I am in safe hands! Its nice being home tho! Even if my 2 yr old is already drivin me mental hahaha! I have an afternoon of snuggling on the sofa with my fluffy Duvet while Riley is in Nursery!!! So I am also sending the Hubby out to Tesco for a food shop so I can really enjoy the peace! YEY!!!!

Thankyou So much for all your concerns guys! AND thankyou to Lucy for letting everyone Know x HUGS x Nikki b x

Hi all, WELL... I am HOME!!!!
What a few days!
It all started when I got up on Sunday Morning, I had felpt a bit odd on saturday night and my bump felt "funny" but hadnt thoguht much of it!
Then when I woke up and went to the loo on Sunday morning I heard a sudden "gush" hit the water! I was terrified at first as it sounded like my waters had gone there was that much! When i looked (sorry TMI coming up).. It had coloured the whole toilet bowl red and I seriously thought that was it!

Rushed into the assessment unit and got checked over and at first the doc couldnt tell where the bleeding was coming from! I have a cervical errosion but she said it was a lot of blood for one errosion! Then the scan showed that the baby had turned and was now head down, and my placenta is low enough to have a wee piece of it stuck under babies head! so I was admitted and kept in for Obs! They still cant give me an absolute definate answer as to if it was placental bleeding but it looks that way! SO take it easy for me from now on and hopefully the pacenta will move up by my next scan at 32 weeks! I also have to see the consultant at 30 weeks to check things are ok!

I have to say that the Doctors and Midwives have been fantastic! So helpful and reasuring! and I feel like I am in safe hands! Its nice being home tho! Even if my 2 yr old is already drivin me mental hahaha! I have an afternoon of snuggling on the sofa with my fluffy Duvet while Riley is in Nursery!!! So I am also sending the Hubby out to Tesco for a food shop so I can really enjoy the peace! YEY!!!!

Thankyou So much for all your concerns guys! AND thankyou to Lucy for letting everyone Know x HUGS x Nikki b x

omg hunny you ok rest up :hugs:

Well looks like I'm finally in the third trimester! Can't believe how fast it's gone! Only 13 weeks to go, can't wait to finally meet baby hug!

Congrats the_hug.
Well, I've made it t the 3rd tri after what seems to be a long 2nd tri. When can I start drinking RLT?

Nik, glad you're home, make sure DH is taking good care of you!
welcome to you two :) RLT I believe is about 34 weeks :)

Philly both my money and letter came through in a week.

Mercy glad you are ok although all sounds very scary.

Welcome girls to the 3rd tri, not long now. They say start RLT from 32 weeks and slowly increase the amount. Wont encourage labour but does strengthen the muscles. xx

Gosh- so much has happened in the last 2 days!

I'm so glad, Mercy and Jetters, that you and bubs are doing ok! That is so scary. I hope everything is smooth from here on out, fingers crossed for you both. :hugs:

I have a dr appt this afternoon, supposed to be for my GTT but I haven't been given any instructions... I will have to call before I go.

Afternoon ladies, glad jetters and mercy are ok :flower:

As for me Im completely and utterly exhausted at the moment even the slightest job is becoming a chore. Hope it passes soon!

Glad everything is ok Mercy and Jetters

well, I was booked for my anti d today, got there, parked fine and went in to find they had booked me in too early... left without even a check and booked in for almost 30 weeks when I should be seeing my community MW... am waiting for her too phone me back to see if i need to see her sooner...

Afternoon yummy mummys

Nik so glad you are ok you poor thing.Rest up.

I have Text Yas but not heard anything.But i think all is ok x

Well I have got back from my M/W appt and she wants me to have an iduction at 38 weeks.Even better a section as the Group B strep has reared it's ugly head again and I ma having a few problems with my back n hips.Most of my labours are back to backs and it's possible the fibroid may be hiding so demanding another appt to see what is what and if they can look in to it.I am moving 20 miles from Hospital and my labours are within 4 hours and i need to be at the hospital immediately when labour starts due the strep.Well OH does not drive and i have to sort kids so it may be for the best.Just have to see.

Hope all is well xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->